It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to be Charged with Violating Federal Ethics in Government Law - Greg Palast/UAW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Posted on November 1, 2012
James Baker: "Not Entirely Unlikely That We Might Have A Recount"

Please go to this thread on the previously posted topic-->HERE ....

sorry about the DP

edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have no idea why the news just broke on Halloween night or why 'now' unless that's just how it played out getting that many organizations together to support the lawsuit. It's actually too late to make much of an impact on the election, the Fox news watchers will never hear about it and they're the ones voting for Romney, and many have already early-voted.

Just FYI as the OP, I don't support either candidate. Proudly made my vote for Gary Johnson last week after watching him get monumentally shafted by the Republican party in general for the last year plus, and Romney's goons for the last several weeks in particular. He's spent millions on lawyers trying to get Johnson off the ballot in several crucial states. Not exactly the workings of a fair-minded candidate. He's afraid that GJ will 'steal his votes' from potential Romney voters, but I crossed over from a Democratic mindset and will never look back. Both Ds and Rs are irreparably corrupt. I would have supported Jill Stein but her organization is too disjointed to have had an impact.

I wonder how many Romney supporters can see how much money this man has made, have bothered to look into HOW he made it (with some of his first investment funds coming from reputed drug kingpin families) and stop to ask themselves, could he possibly be a fine upstanding citizen and be THAT wealthy? Between his own holdings, his wife's, and his sons, he's worth, as far as we know (and we don't know for sure) about HALF A BILLION DOLLARS.... Is it possible to get that wealthy without producing anything and not cut legal corners?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

It seems that greedy people are drawn towards positions of power. Now why is it that people who unnecessarily hoard wealth want to be in control of other people? Why do they want massive quantities of useless junk as well as the ability to literally control peoples lives? It makes me sick that people actually willingly vote for these people to run their lives.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here's more on the background of the action; it's a fascinating read.

truth-out.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
well....this is dirty politics but the question is how many of us knew who Romney was before he ran for president, if you did it was because when they brought up shipping jobs overseas his name was brought up, ...as for ripping off the government and making billions, welcome to politics. People don\'t get into politics to perform their civic duty they do it to gain the networks required to make bank, its why most of them are immoral, rich sociopaths with no real idea how the rest of us live.

It has nothing to do with their education most of them are dumb as #, we would be lucky if a quarter of them even read the patriot act or the NDAA.

They spend their time watching the money everything else is theater, they care about you as much as you actually care about them...zero

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So.....maybe it's time to see Romney's tax returns for the last 10 years!!

Or he will have to disclose on discovery!~~

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
HMMMMM UAW files the complaint while their jobs and pensions were protected by Bama's bailout with our cash, nice to see the guy who makes 100k a year for sweeping the floor didn't take a pay cut. How ironic that all of the Delphi workers (non union) lost a substanial portion of the retirement and benefits package.

BS BS BS

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything in this country. And take anyone to court. All you need is lawyer who doesn't care as long as he gets paid. So a union who supports obama and the secretary of the treasury who is appointed by Obama are going after Romney. The timing is impeccable or predictable. Sounds like Obama is getting desperate.

BUT, kind of sheds some light on WHY he doesn't want to go back more than 2 years on his tax returns. 3 would be having to show the transaction somehow.

All I can say,is if this schister wins, you all DESERVE what you get.
edit on 11/2/2012 by ctdannyd because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd

Originally posted by CyberTruth

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything in this country. And take anyone to court. All you need is lawyer who doesn't care as long as he gets paid. So a union who supports obama and the secretary of the treasury who is appointed by Obama are going after Romney. The timing is impeccable or predictable. Sounds like Obama is getting desperate.

BUT, kind of sheds some light on WHY he doesn't want to go back more than 2 years on his tax returns. 3 would be having to show the transaction somehow.

All I can say,is if this schister wins, you all DESERVE what you get.
edit on 11/2/2012 by ctdannyd because: Spelling

I have nothing to hide other than that I recieve regular paychecks that are considerably below what my position would normally pay in a larger city. And even with this, you have no chance in hell of ever seeing my returns.

I don't expect them to release any returns, let alone more than 2 years. Romney may be a POS, but asking for tax returns like that is just putting more flaming hoops in front of him.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winter13
So.....maybe it's time to see Romney's tax returns for the last 10 years!!

Or he will have to disclose on discovery!~~

Has this ever been demanded from others? I don't believe so, but would entertain being proven wrong.

Why the unprecedented prying?

And if he has to give more than just 2 years, can he take his sweet time releasing it? Like the birth certificate was (an equally preposterous demand given to Obama)?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
HMMMMM UAW files the complaint while their jobs and pensions were protected by Bama's bailout with our cash, nice to see the guy who makes 100k a year for sweeping the floor didn't take a pay cut. How ironic that all of the Delphi workers (non union) lost a substanial portion of the retirement and benefits package.

BS BS BS

What are you talking about??? Try actually reading the material. This isn't Fox news and I'm sorry about the cognitive dissonance, but it actually takes work to learn something these days. If all you ingest is pablum, you'll have a brain that looks correspondingly like mush.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Obvious bloviating BS.......if this is your last hope then you're going to be let down.

Picture this....empty chair in the Oval Office with torn up "Hope and Change" signs on the floor....

He's gone either way baby.....either by the election or by Impeachment for Benghazi after the Republicans win the Senate and keep the House.

One way or the other. Just accept it an move on to better things.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I fail to see the issue after reading both articles. He invest in delphi and he manages to make $15 million. What is the problem. I guess you invest your money so that you can lose money. It is OK for Pelosi, Biden, and several democratic congressmen to take $300 billion yes $300 billion for their families and friends company's and have those businesses fail (on paper). But someone uses there on money to invest into a company and they are successful and make money then they are crooks, they are evil, they are bad. Only an idiot would invest into a business to lose money. I realize that is your investment strategy. Mine is a little more in the Romney idealology. Invest your money and let it work for you to become rich.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

BS BS BS

What are you talking about??? Try actually reading the material. This isn't Fox news and I'm sorry about the cognitive dissonance, but it actually takes work to learn something these days. If all you ingest is pablum, you'll have a brain that looks correspondingly like mush.

Or maybe he/she read MY post. Seems you did not. No this isn't Fox news but then not all news comes from Fox.
The link I provided by Bluegrass Pundit discusses UAW

link to my post
edit on 2-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anyone else think its ironic that the UAW is whining about Delphi outsourcing some jobs when the UAW was behind the push to screw 20,000 salaried Delphi employees out of their pension a few years back?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by CyberTruth

Really? That's your first thought?
No, sadly I suspect that the OP is probably true. There are reasons he doesn't want to release his tax returns.
And Greg Palast is a journalist (in the true sense of the word, not what passes as such in the MSM) with integrity. If he is reporting on it you can believe he has done his homework.

edit on 1-11-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

Ha ha ha Desperate much???? Oh by the way Romney did show his tax returns...now how bout obama bin laden show his college transcripts?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

I thought he was still holding back his offshore accounts. Did this change? Did he release more than 2 years?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
that old delphi is now called Nexteer and my brother works there...! he was devastated about that entire situation.
But from what he is telling me there were many meetings behind closed doors and many a family could not beleive this happened that they sold out to china! my brother says it is not the same old same old there...things have changed big time!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Since when can a labor union charge anyone with anything? Accused is a more appropriate word. The UAW is the last organization that can ever accuse someone else of anything, especially regarding ethics, considering the backroom deal they made with Obama to gain an ownership position in GM, even though they represent the employees of GM. Conflict of interest?? Nah, nothing to see here, now move along like a good little sheep. The UAW, like every other major labor union, is nothing more than a money laundering front for the DNC. The only reason this story has surfaced is obviously for political reasons, right before the election. Next Wednesday this story will disappear.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Well it is the UAW.....not buying it...sorry.

Yeah! Totally! Those UNIONS! Things would be better off if they never existed... Corporations could be making WAY more money without them! Never mind that wages would go down and products have no quality control anymore! GO USA!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join