It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To a Lost love,love is never lost. [CTPWC]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

"someone left the cake out in the rain"
Brings to mind that song that goes

Some semblance of the cake is there if you acknowledge it rather than leaving it to totally fall apart....

That's MacArthur Park, by the way.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I was not familiar with the lyrics to that song, so did a look up. I'm not sure if I want to thank you or curse you for that today.

Editing to add that the park reference in the song was especially personal and really unnerved me. I don't know, perhaps you are a bit psychic.
edit on 1-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I love that old song, but I am on a Jackson Browne binge today...LOL!

This thread reminds me of this song...time to acknowledge so we can move on!

I am embedding challenged!

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Man they left out "a Man Called Horse"!

Anyway see it wasnt me that left the cake out in the first place. Now all fingers are pointing at each other. See how that works?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
someone left the cake out in the rain.
Wild that you post that here. I will have to see if I can find the upload from one of my older bands..
We did a remake of that song.. But in a much heavier metal way!

Great song! And is great in its original form.. I just always knew it could be turned into a great heavy, more metal song, that portrays that deep hurt and pain.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Man I love that Brown song....That Girl could Sing.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by Sissel

Man they left out "a Man Called Horse"!

Anyway see it wasnt me that left the cake out in the first place. Now all fingers are pointing at each other. See how that works?

That's the problem with relationships. Sometimes we all have our own recipes and aren't willing to share them or be responsible for the cake we bake.

The things we consume as couples, being the cake, are the responsibility of all the cooks in the kitchen.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

This thread reminds me of this song...time to acknowledge so we can move on!

Another good choice there too. Never did a remake on that song.. but all the same it does speak volumes.
Moving on is a good thing, and easier said than done. Its been about 9 years now.. And while I have acknowledged and moved on.. I can never stop loving her.
And sometimes I find it hard to date, as I feel like I am still cheating on her.. But I know that is silly.. But anyone I have been with since Naomi, its been a different type of love.
Love all the same, but the love I shared with Naomi was so deep, that it can not be emulated, nor repeated.

Its like the 8 version of love. Each love you have is different, and each time you learn something new not only about yourself, but about the world in which we live.

Thanks for all the support video posts. Making me a little teary here to be honest.. But I will buck up, and not let it depress me.. If anything it makes me happy to know total strangers are so kind and do have empathy to something so very tragic.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Wow, Jackson Browne also has an extraordinarily deep meaning for me. Here is a song for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I did hear a HM version of that tune not long ago. Was that you guys?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

..Thanks,, for me too. I was very lucky to meet this guy when I was still in High School through my brother who was a music critic for the Chicago Daily News at the time for a Sound Stage taping.

If anybody can express the angst of love, and life, it's always been him!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thanks again for the expression through song. Being a total lover of all things music..You sure know how to make a person feel welcomed and cared about
I am just glad this could help others, and open up some hearts here.
Contests are fun and great, but the truth to my being is I win no matter what. A win for me, is to help someone, or to allow them access to a part of their mind they have either shut down, or are afraid to get into.
Death is one thing from the outside, but once you experience it closely. It will change you forever.. And will make you cherish the small things in life.. And allow you to cherish the things you do have!
I feel I have already made a difference here, and that makes my day!

reply to post by Logarock

Send me a link via U2, and I can tell you or not.. but I am pretty sure it might have been one done by Man-o-War or another band that is close to them in sound and style.

Plus if you search through some of my older threads, I posted what bands I played for in some of my older threads. And have a wealth of music related threads info to boot

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Thanks again for the expression through song. Being a total lover of all things music..You sure know how to make a person feel welcomed and cared about
I am just glad this could help others, and open up some hearts here.
Contests are fun and great, but the truth to my being is I win no matter what. A win for me, is to help someone, or to allow them access to a part of their mind they have either shut down, or are afraid to get into.
Death is one thing from the outside, but once you experience it closely. It will change you forever.. And will make you cherish the small things in life.. And allow you to cherish the things you do have!
I feel I have already made a difference here, and that makes my day!

Great, and thanks again for your thoughtful thread. I was feeling kind of bad about hijacking it with video's and such. Slightly off topic, so again my apologies. I think your thread made some of us feel very nostalgic!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
Great, and thanks again for your thoughtful thread. I was feeling kind of bad about hijacking it with video's and such. Slightly off topic, so again my apologies. I think your thread made some of us feel very nostalgic!

You are very welcome! and no worries! Nostalgia sometimes gets me through my day at times! If anything in my book, if my story or experience can help someone out, then I have already won
In the sense that points and stars and flags are one thing. But to directly put a smile on someones face, and brighten their day, is something you can not put value upon.

My tragic event totally changed my life. And I could have very well just crawled under a rock and gave up and died. But I chose to strive on, and keep plugging away. And knowing in my heart that someday, I would be able to share my tragic experience and turn it into something positive and maybe help others by knowing they are not alone out there.

Plus, to always put things in perspective. How to really cherish what you have while you have it.
Its so damn easy to forget these little things.

I know all to well... So much I would take back and do over if I knew what I know now..
But they say Hindsight is 20/20 ..

So I am now able to cherish everything and everyone in my life, but more so than I did when I was younger.
I just always thought she would be here with me..

Like most human beings on Earth.. Our relationships are never permanent even if we feel they will last forever.
None do. As all relationships have their bitter end.. Some are bittersweet, some are just bitter.

But they do end, every last one of them. Either divorce, death, or insert reason here..
No escape from the heart break.. But there are always people to tend to the wounds, and talk and support us.
That is what I am here for.. and why I posted that poem.

It just so happens to be in a contest as I felt I could honor Naomi one last time here.. IN her essence I vow to her I would make a difference, and never give up.. And never stop loving her.
edit on 1-11-2012 by zysin5 because: edit1.2spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Very moving. Thanks for sharing.

You've captured the essence of the pain of being in love, wrapped together and tied up with the perfect closure.....

It doesn't matter to me, as long as we are rooted very closely...

Flagged.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for your support here, and kind words.. That means a lot coming from such a gifted writer as yourself!
I will be sure to take some time to read more of your work!

You quoted my favorite part of my poem, you and I are on the same frequency level!
Those who know the tricks and little things about writing, I knew would pick up on that last line.. its the hook.
Thanks man!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Reminds me of A Night on the Interchange by James Haralson. Read it just recently in Amazing (may 1985). His GF leaves him and he loses his grip on reality and becomes homeless.

It's a short story. Kind of weird. Nothing special, but it made me think of it.
edit on 1-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A lovers soul is never still. Eternity purposefully creates so that it can live through the eyes and heart of the lover.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Dear zysin5,

That is so beautiful, I feel your pain and lost mine in 2011. You summed it up very well and I am sorry that she is no longer with you. Shakespeare said that it is better to love and have lost then never to have loved at all. I don't know about that, I feel really bad missing my soulmate; but, knowing that I have one gives me hope and I do believe in an afterlife. At a minimum, life would have meant so much less without her for even a moment. Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join