It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Tracks Poetry Writing Contest [CTPWC] [Winners Announced]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
My Soul........Once upon a time.

Tinder [CTPWC]

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Here is my poem:

Getting Over You

I am really loving reading all of the poems so far and there's lots of time to go!
for poetry. Maybe this will get me writing again.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Good Lord there are ALOT of poets on ATS!

We're only one day into the contest and there are SO many submissions already...

...Very interesting that a bunch of UFO chasing, ghost hunting, Illuminati exposing,
survivalist, conspiracy theorists would also have a knack for the written word...

....very interesting....he said rubbing his chin thoughtfully

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I think I can explain it... let me try.

• To be someone who refuses the 'packaged' explanation, that person has to be capable of critical thought and careful consideration.

• In order to express the questions and possible extraneous connections they come upon through the above process, one needs to be literate.

• In order to be literate, one must learn to attempt to understand what is being said by another.

• In order to understand what is being said, a person needs to listen and feel empathy (even if they completely disagree)

• Subsequently, the common traits of a conspiracy theorist are literacy, empathy and critical thought.

What more could describe a poet?

• posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
    link   
    reply to post by masqua

I always thought it was due to being a Pisces........

edit on 2-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: spelling .....gosh too early in the morn

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
    link   
    there are some extremely talented writers here on ATS i never would have guessed, i am going to have a busy day reading all the entries

The Path

My entry for your consideration.....

edit on 2-11-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
    link   
    reply to post by masqua

Will there be honorable mentions in this one?
    You used to do honorable mentions but I haven't seen any in the more recent contests, just curious?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
    link   
    ...and here is yet another entry of mine:

Love Holds Many Colors [CTPWC]

Once again, I must say that there are some amazing entries in this writing contest. There are just too many to choose from for me to say which ones are my favorite. There are so many gifted writers on ATS, and it's an honor to read everyone's words.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
    link   
    I am floored, literally floored by the amount of raw unadulterated talent! Where HAVE you people been hiding???

We have great writers every month, but I've never had words just jump through the computer screen and rip my heart out so damned much!

Keep this up and my avatar might even get all "weepy".

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Will there be honorable mentions in this one?
    You used to do honorable mentions but I haven't seen any in the more recent contests, just curious?

It's true that staff used to pick winners and give honourable mentions. In those times, we were lucky to have four contests a year. Today, we have monthly contests (and even two in a month) which are entirely judged by the membership.

Over the course of this experiment in running contests, it has been my observation that the membership is very keen on replying to a good entry and that it is the hallmark by which flags are awarded. Longer threads, where there is lots of interaction between the author and the readers, seem to rise to the top.

At one time, early on in the experiment, it was questioned whether the system was more dependent on an author's popularity than the actual work itself. I don't believe that's the case at all anymore. Otherwise, how would you explain the successful submissions of relatively new members?

Honourable mentions now are given by the membership through comments, giving their threads extra life.

I will, though, hand out flags, stars, applause and possibly even writer status, to any submission which I believe holds special merit, whether it wins in the contest or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:16 AM
    link   
    Such great submission into this contest! I am trying to make my rounds and doing my best to get in there and read everyone's submissions. We have a wealth of talent on here, and while I may not take part in all the writing contests, I do get into the ones that seem to resonate with other members.. This one had a good turn out.

And If I have not gotten to you yet, I will in the next couple days! I very much enjoy reading and soaking up all the wonderful works on here.. It also helps to inspire!

Everyone

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
    link   
    reply to post by masqua

This one is a trifle risque...

i say yes

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
    link   
    reply to post by smyleegrl

Perhaps, but not explicitly so.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
    link   
    Just a heads up folks.. This member cultureboxes.. If they come into your thread, and make mean spirit comments.. Please do not reply to this person. They are trolling.

So if you see cultureboxes in your thread.. Ignore what they say.. The mods are on top of this.. I did not happen to catch what was said in my thread.. As it was removed at some point last night before I could read what they said.. But I took at look at the profile, and seems they are only posting in our poems, and being plain and simply nasty, and negative. Do not allow this person any power over us.
    I just wanted to come in and give you all a heads up.. Do not let this troll get you down, or make you feel like you did a bad job. They are being spiteful and trying to hurt your feelings.
    As with most of us writers we can be a little touchy.. at least I know I am.. When I put my heart out there.. It sucks when bullies show up and try to crash the party.

But we are online, so its kind of something to be expected. But ATS is one of the places I come to, as its my safe zone. I know others might have a thicker skin than I.. Never the less.. its not cool, and do not let them ruin your flow.
    edit on 2-11-2012 by zysin5 because: edit1.2spelling

reply to post by olaru12

I do not wish to take this thread off topic, or bring any more attention to this.. But the members name is cultureboxes.

Take a look at their profile, and you can see for yourself.
    But I was sad to see such a sorry person going into our poems, and just being mean, and hurtful.
    Welcome to the internet!! lol.. Still this is a safe place for us.. So I am 100% sure, the mods will be all over this once they get the information they need to take action.
    edit on 2-11-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

reply to post by AccessDenied

You are spot on AD..
    So without taking this any further off topic! Sending love and light out.
    But always good to have a heads up on these things.. So it does not hurt anyones feelings.

reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah slayer, from all the poems I read, that one really did touch me the deepest.. And for that jerk, to say what he did, was just another attempt to be hurtful and troll our contest.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
    link   
    reply to post by zysin5

Who are you refering to...

and what's a "culture box"?

please excuse my ignorance!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zysin5

Methinks he works not alone this little ray of dark sunshine. For someone believes certain things star worthy.
    On topic..
    LOVE the turnout for this contest. Many more talented writers here than ever before!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zysin5

I Hear you.

I'm surprised that one slipped through and esp on that contribution.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
    link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
    reply to post by zysin5

I Hear you.

I'm surprised that one slipped through and esp on that contribution.

Ditto that.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zysin5

HA! He got me also! (I just thought he was drunk!)

edit on 2-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
    link   
    Sweet Prince

Second entry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join