It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charleston SC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am not sure where to put this, so I suppose this is the best place. I am looking some places around my area to do some urban exploration. Old military facilities are great! Although any place would be fine. If anyone has any ideas of any places in South Carolina to explore, please share!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Old coast guard base at the northern end of folly beach is cool.
There is also a old light house out there.
It's a great place to fish.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm from the North, Im not the huntin'/fishin'/muddin' type
I do love lighthouses though. I will have to check that place out! Thank you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Have you been to Fort Sumter yet?

What ever you need to know about Charleston,I can probably help you out with it.
Born and raised in SC,and lived in chucktown for 10 years.
edit on 31-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Have you been to Fort Sumter yet?

What ever you need to know about Charleston,I can probably help you out with it.
Born and raised in SC,and lived in chucktown for 10 years.
edit on 31-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

No I haven't. I have been here for about 3 years, but it was so impossible to get my gf to do any of the fun stuff. Now I'm single so looking for things to do!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh,to be single and free in Charleston.I'm jealous.
I was once single and free when I first moved there in 1991.

Those were the days.

I met my wife there,got a house and had kids.
Got tired of the hurricanes and we moved to Kentucky.

I still visit every year,love my Wild Wings down on the market.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Eh, I think I am the only guy in America that actually hates being single. I am currently dating several very beautiful women because NO ONE wants to be serious and it pisses me off. I'm almost 34, why do women bitch about being unable to find a guy who wants to be serious when they won't commit. Charleston area is definitely pretty though, and I do not miss New England winters at all. So where do you live now? I see myself ending up in Virginia.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Give it time,man.
Charleston is a wonderful place and I plan on moving back when I retire.
Have fun and relax.
I was newly divorced and 27 years old when I moved there.
By the time I was 31 I was married.

Something really fun to do is fossil hunting.
Any place that has been clear out for construction is a good start.

I have found many sharks teeth and fossils after a good rain.
There is a place just north of C-town ,it's a gympson quarry ,all I remember was alot of white clay/mud .
Found alot of fossils.
Stuff like this....

www.fossilbyte.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Interesting, maybe I will check it out if I find someone to go with. I am more hands off though, I love things to look at not to work on. I work night shift at a psychiatric hospital here so when I wake up I am all about relaxing.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Interesting, maybe I will check it out if I find someone to go with. I am more hands off though, I love things to look at not to work on. I work night shift at a psychiatric hospital here so when I wake up I am all about relaxing.

The battery houses are very interesting ,I have friends that run The Battery House ,a bed and breakfast .
Many houses to tour,not to mention the numerous art galleries and museums.

Start here.

www.follybeach.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Shame you probably can not get inside that light house. Here is a great place from my neck of the woods which I never got to really explore.
www.uer.ca...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Charleston has a bunch of cool stuff, there is a bunker made into a home on Sullivans island,which is just north of Charleston,Sullivans also has a fort that is exposed on the beach during erosion periods.the battery has some statues and maybe a cannon,probabaly one of the best spots, If You travel north from Charleston 1 1/2 hours to Huntington beach, there is Atalaya castle, rich with stories and history. One of the coolest historical places Ive seen around here is Kure beach N.C. Dont just look around downtown though, go to Folly beach and Mt Pleasant,there are good restaraunts ,the weather is great and more hot chicks than you can look at.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I don't need any more hot chicks, I have more than I like currently. But the scenery sounds nice. Do you know any abandoned places off the beaten path?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jazztrance

I don't need any more hot chicks, I have more than I like currently. But the scenery sounds nice. Do you know any abandoned places off the beaten path?

You really suck,you know that don't you.
More hot chicks than you can handle.
I was you a few moons ago.
You suck........

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I hate it though, I feel so guilty when I am not giving 100% of myself to one person. The only girls that I meet that actually want to settle down all have kids already and that isn't for me. I've dated more girls in the past 10 months than in the rest of my life combined. Mostly because I am stranded here and don't know anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I hate it though, I feel so guilty when I am not giving 100% of myself to one person. The only girls that I meet that actually want to settle down all have kids already and that isn't for me. I've dated more girls in the past 10 months than in the rest of my life combined. Mostly because I am stranded here and don't know anyone.

Sorry to be so in considerate.
You will find the one eventually.
Time,I feel,is on your side.
In the mean time,enjoy the ride.
Had my first child at 34 years of age.
Your life changes dramatically after that.
You begin to lose yourself in exchange for caring for another human being.
Then that recovery of what you were begins when the kids start to leave the nest.

Sorry,I wonder off sometimes.
I was once alone in Charleston,but not for long.People are friendly and open.
Give it some time.

Peace,
Kev

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If you go to North Carolina, I'd suggest Johnson County Airport in Fayetteville. Also Pope AFB. These are active facilities, so I don't suggest urban exploring as much as just snooping. Pope is for Special Forces. Johnston County is for CIA contractors. (JNX).

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Haha you have nothing to apologize for. Having a different beautiful girl over my house every week isn't ALL that bad. It just isn't what I really want. I don't know if it's because of pheromones from my body making too much testosterone or what, but girls go crazy and don't act how they normally act after being in my company for a little while. Maybe they also appreciate the fact I never make any move on them and they aren't used to that.

One of the girls I dated is a photographer, I was planning on finding a hidden gem and exploring it with her.

Thank you for the bases in NC, I really want a place I can explore and get intimate with rather than look at from afar.

new topics

top topics

join