It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic pair fail scientific test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I deduce you think they are scammers. Did I pass the test?

No. You didn't. I asked what could be done to satisfy the psychic and allow for the test to be scientific. I deduce you didn't read, did I pass?

No. You didn't, coz I did read it

Oh?

How could the experiment be changed to allow for "psychic energy" without tainting the results?

Come again please? You sure you read it?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by signalfire

Most of the people who declare psychics to be frauds will say they believe in the Bible.

Really? I'd like to see those polls.
Or did you come up with that psychically?

edit on 10/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Half of my family
My father being a youth group pastor and of course all my family are members. They don't even like when I bring it up just to have a fun conversation. Apparently to the pastor it's the devil and not God like, I guess it was ok for Jesus though, just not us...
By the way I am not religious, well, by the book anyhow. I have mixed beliefs and still researching different theories. I like the we come from aliens theory the best

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I wrote "I deduce you think they are scammers. Did I pass the test?" as a bit of light hearted fun, that was all.

But I see now that I DID either misread or totaly miss part of your post. I'll put on my dunces hat and goto the back of the class.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Apparently to the pastor it's the devil and not God like
In which case it would seem that they believe there is something to it, but it's evil. Right?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I wrote "I deduce you think they are scammers. Did I pass the test?" as a bit of light hearted fun, that was all.

But I see now that I DID either misread or totaly miss part of your post. I'll put on my dunces hat and goto the back of the class.

I DO think they are scammers, or erroneously believe their powers of deduction are some sort of special gift. But the reason for my post was not to ridicule them, but to get an honest answer of how we keep the test scientific, yet allow for this "psychic connection". It seems as though this psychic is saying any attempt to verify her ability is proof scientists are biased. How do we get around that?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

In which case it would seem that they believe there is something to it, but it's evil. Right?

I would say many religious people will agree with that. They may think most of them are scammers, but that certain people do have special "abilities", but that it is not from God, thus evil.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The pastor yes and a few other very religious family members but my parents, my aunt on my fathers side and uncle just think they are fake and take people for granted. In fact, my mom's friend lost her baby a week ago by getting run over by a car and this psychic was harassing them saying she could communicate with their son. They were calling her fraud all over fb and texting family this. They do go to church as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Tayesin
Wow, so much hatred being displayed for all psychics/mediums in this thread. If one is so opposed to such things why not simply ignore it all instead of showing such hatred? You do yourself no service.

For the simple fact that these people are preying on other's gullibility and naivety. If you were outright lying about your abilities and attempting to use that lie for monetary purposes, you would be shown contempt as well.

I understand that stance well, but is it correct to tar all psychics with that same brush ? Which was my point.

How it works for me.....

Uninvited info:-
This is all the normal stuff I pick up on in my day to day living. Most of it is Feel, some of it is Knowing. Most knowing is also supplied by Feel, as the signature Feel of anyone holds all the information you need to see where they need help to become more balanced in the world.

It is not comfortable by any means. It comes when it chooses too, not usually when I am wanting it. And I am often upset by the information laden with so much anguish and pain.

Requested info:-
This comes firstly as a tension build up on my forehead. The strength of that sensation tells me how important the information I am about to receive is. This too occurs when you least wish it.

I have the choice whether I open up to that information or not. Most of the time these days I choose not. There is already enough 'negative energy' floating around where humans congregate that I prefer to not participate for my own reasons.

If I choose to open up and See, what I get is usually a case of finding myself standing in an active scene to observe what is going on.. or, I will get a communication from something else.

Sought info:-
This is when working with a client. I prepare myself before they arrive and hold no thoughts in my mind that can affect my seeing.

Most of the time I am searching out an answer that the person cannot reach for themselves. I always explain the most important thing.. we only See probability and possibility. Remember that okay.

How I do it... I ask the question and then wait to see what comes into my head as a response.. the second thing that comes is my Mind with it's desire to be incontrol. Both incomings Feel different.

Sometimes I need to find a person, so I look inside at a darkened earth map and wait for the little spot of light to appear on it. This works very well and was how I used to find people in the US and England when I was working with them via Trillion (voip software) as a way to offer them some proof for the reality.

Over the years I refused to ask any fee, until I opened my own small shop and then HAD TO charge a suitable fee. Continued to do so when I closed the shop and worked from home. Then I retired two years ago due to not being able to hear the same questions asked repeatedly by all the women (majority).... "When will I meet my soulmate?"

You can waste an hour explaining the misperceptions about Soul Mates.. and they close off to the information because it is not what they wanted to hear.

I was born this way. I do not think of it as ME having Special Powers or Abilities. ALL peole have the same abilities, only their Belief structure and cultural indoctrinations prevent them from using it more effectively.

Lastly, since this was my primary Career for many years, why would it be wrong to charge a suitable fee for my time and effort. ?

PS.. I never got rich of it, I never sought fame and glory or wild riches. Always gave what the client needed to hear for their own growth and never what they wanted to hear.

Tell me what is wrong with that ?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Take this for what you think it's worth:

weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com...

It links to some scientific studies that have evidence for psi phenomena.
edit on 31-10-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

once again i send you to derren brown.....check every thing he has done and u,ll see that its so easy to get people to believe but so hard for to get people to disbelieve.......everything he does is mind boggling but admits himself its all a trick......hes exposed fakes all over the world but like everything some people just can,t handle the truth.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
heres the link to the start and uz can all go on a journey from here.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Derren Brown is an illusionist, a hypnotist and a trickster who can do cold readings. He is not quallified to judge psychics as he has never had a true vision or anything that comes naturally to psychics. Not all psychics are fakes.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

The point is there is no proof anyone is having visions. The only "proof" is the reading, which he proves can be faked.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

There is no way to prove if you have a vision, you just have to accept that people may not believe you and think you're nuts. I think the only way a scientist will get any proof is by staying with the psychic untill it happens naturally, but they won't or can't do that.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
One failure does mean everyone is a fake...seriously.

And also, these abilities are not always ON DEMAND things, even if people would like them to be.

Sooner or later they will find a way to prove it, if not anything else, in hindsight, because it is going to happen and people record this kind of ability all the time, even here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

That is exactly the point. The only "proof" of the vision is what the "psychic" says, the information they should not know. He proves he can do that with no vision, so that alone is not enough. That was the point of this experiment, remove the alternative methods of obtaining information allowing only the psychic methods.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2012 by ofNight because:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

not the same because from what I understood this is not just true / false, its a reading about a person. Guessing a a number between 1 and 5 is not the same as reading a persons life.

However, I´m skeptic, too.
edit on 1-11-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

Actually it IS the same if the "reading" is random and the "psychic" is a fraud. Since none of the readings will actually fit you, you will randomly pick one and have a 1 in 5 chance to pick the right one. There is no difference that I can see.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
One failure does mean everyone is a fake...seriously.

And also, these abilities are not always ON DEMAND things, even if people would like them to be.

Sooner or later they will find a way to prove it, if not anything else, in hindsight, because it is going to happen and people record this kind of ability all the time, even here on ATS.

Then shouldn't the psychics have said they weren't getting anything? They made a reading, which means they were clearly "getting something".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join