It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Top Secret" Memos From Oversight Committee Hearing On Benghazi - LIsted Here

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Previously in another thread, I posted what I considered a great moment in the Oversight Committee hearings. Ambassador Kennedy wanted to make unclassified documents "top secret" as part of the cover up. I was so bent on watching the videos that I missed the fact that those "top secret" documents are posted on the same page as the Oversight Committee hearing videos! OMG!!! Chairman Issa, I think I love you!

Before you look at those, I think you will be even more interested in a letter sent to President Obama from the Oversight Committee on October 19, 2012. I do not think Obama would have liked this letter one darn bit. You have to read this!!! But most importantly, why hasn't the MSM reported these findings to the American public? We here on ATS already know many of thses facts, but it is nice hearing it from someone official.

Letter To The President Concerning Benghazi - From The House Oversight Committee

Information supplied to the committee by senior officials demonstrates that not only did the administration repeatedly reject requests for increased security despite escalating violence, but it also systematically decreased existing security to dangerous and ineffective levels.

We are likewise concerned that your administration has not been straightforward with the American people in the aftermath of the attack.

Mr. Nordstrom also testified that, in fact, the state department increased “danger pay” for personnel in Libya during the time it removed security.

___________________________________________________________________________________

This here is the official correspondence with American Libya officials, some including Stevens. Yes, concern was expressed the very day and prior to the attack.

Sept 11, 2012 Memo

Aug 20, 2012 Memo

Aug 2, 2012 Memo

July 9, 2012 memo

March 28, 2012 Memo

If you want to watch that glorious moment again, you will find it right here at the 1 hour 10 min 20 sec mark.

House Oversight Committee Hearings on Benghazi

And to quote my quick synopsis of what happened:

Ambassador Kennedy was trying to claim a whole bunch of unclassified papers were "top secret" due to their nature. And would not release them to the public. But would release them to the committee AFTER the hearing. After going back and forth and getting nowhere, Chairman Issa said, "I agree with you AND.... With that I move to enter this document from the date 9-11-12 to the record." (Repeat this with many documents.) Cummings said, "excuse me Mr chairman, you already have those documents?" Chairman Issa said, "in real time a whistle blower has provided us with these documents". Etc... "And it is the findings of the chair that these documents are responsive, unclassified, and appropriate for discovery." Etc.... "Ambassador Kennedy, I don't like doing this". Etc...

edit on 31-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Excellent post. You should post this on other social networking websites to increase the exposure that many might miss. S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanx, I have been spreading the word. Even posted it on Obamas facebook.
Can you help spread it? Can everyone? Also, I am not certain that many here at ATS realize what is in this post. I don't care about stars or flags for this, I want it out! And lets keep this thread active. Please?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Excellent post elouina. I had mentioned in another thread about the testimony regarding the danger pay being upped while the assets requested were being denied.... truly telling. Thanks for putting this into a coherent thread. Yes this is significant. S&F'ed.

edit on 31-10-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Previously in another thread, I posted what I considered a great moment in the Oversight Committee hearings. Ambassador Kennedy wanted to make unclassified documents "top secret" as part of the cover up. I was so bent on watching the videos that I missed the fact that those "top secret" documents are posted on the same page as the Oversight Committee hearing videos! OMG!!! Chairman Issa, I think I love you!

Before you look at those, I think you will be even more interested in a letter sent to President Obama from the Oversight Committee on October 19, 2012. I do not think Obama would have liked this letter one darn bit. You have to read this!!! But most importantly, why hasn't the MSM reported these findings to the American public? We here on ATS already know many of thses facts, but it is nice hearing it from someone official.

Letter To The President Concerning Benghazi - From The House Oversight Committee

Information supplied to the committee by senior officials demonstrates that not only did the administration repeatedly reject requests for increased security despite escalating violence, but it also systematically decreased existing security to dangerous and ineffective levels.

We are likewise concerned that your administration has not been straightforward with the American people in the aftermath of the attack.

Mr. Nordstrom also testified that, in fact, the state department increased “danger pay” for personnel in Libya during the time it removed security.

___________________________________________________________________________________

This here is the official correspondence with American Libya officials, some including Stevens. Yes, concern was expressed the very day and prior to the attack.

Sept 11, 2012 Memo

Aug 20, 2012 Memo

Aug 2, 2012 Memo

July 9, 2012 memo

March 28, 2012 Memo

If you want to watch that glorious moment again, you will find it right here at the 1 hour 10 min 20 sec mark.

House Oversight Committee Hearings on Benghazi

And to quote my quick synopsis of what happened:

Ambassador Kennedy was trying to claim a whole bunch of unclassified papers were "top secret" due to their nature. And would not release them to the public. But would release them to the committee AFTER the hearing. After going back and forth and getting nowhere, Chairman Issa said, "I agree with you AND.... With that I move to enter this document from the date 9-11-12 to the record." (Repeat this with many documents.) Cummings said, "excuse me Mr chairman, you already have those documents?" Chairman Issa said, "in real time a whistle blower has provided us with these documents". Etc... "And it is the findings of the chair that these documents are responsive, unclassified, and appropriate for discovery." Etc.... "Ambassador Kennedy, I don't like doing this". Etc...

Incredible. Somebody actually produced some documents.

I'll read through them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is the specific testimony on the pay increase.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

One question, how long did it take for facebook to remove it? Did you hear about the seals having their meme about this removed? Did you know that their account was suspended as a result... so disgusting.

Here is the meme:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Most of my Facebook posts concerning this are still present. The only ones missing have links with the www.... on them. I now post the link without those.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Tonight at work, I told 3 obama supporters about these documents and the hearing. Without even looking, they said the documents and the hearing video are both fake. They refuse to even look at them! No wonder the cover-up is working so well. These Obama supporters hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil....

In fact they said that instead, everyone is out to get him because he is black. Makes sense that skin color over rides proof.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So our members of Congress must be fake as well. Now I've heard it all. The willful ignorance is stunning!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Catherine Herridge Senior Intelligence Correspondent for Fox. DoS has culpability for the attacks. She is the one who received the most recent cable. The classified cable from 9/16 came to her via confidential sources.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Catherine Herridge Senior Intelligence Correspondent for Fox. DoS has culpability for the attacks. She is the one who received the most recent cable. The classified cable from 9/16 came to her via confidential sources.

Yahoo!!! So this really is going to break open like a nut!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
obama supporters routinely dismiss issues that might harm the president's image. I live in a blue state and it happens all the time around here. particularly the bias against Fox News. If they are reporting it, it's a "lie". very discouraging.

my worry about investigation is that it might well turn out like Fast & Furious. allegations are racist of course, and progress is difficult without documents, and the White House won't release documents.F&F has pretty much dropped off the map with NO ACCOUNTABILITY. Look how far WH has gotten by ignoring it all. If they can stave it off until after the election, then the story will become: why dwell on the past. Let's move on to the big issues facing this country. The democrats will insist on "moving on" no matter who wins the election.

why hasn't Hillary answered questions about what she was doing while this attack was going on? was she in the situation room? or was there a policy not to defend americans under attack in the middle east. What IS the policy?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Most of us Benghazi activists try to back up everything we say and post with proof. Notice I didn’t say Romney supporters? They are 2 different subjects, although some of us will now be voting for Romney since it is the only way to get Obama out. Many (but not all) Obama supporters put on their blinders and respond with emotion vs. facts. Why? To them, Obama is their God! And supporting him is a religious experience for them So what we are seeing is "blind faith". Talking badly about Obama is the equivalent to blasphemy, thus it provokes great anger. And myself I equate this to following a cult.

So what is the real problem us Americans are now facing? Obama, an excellent motivational speaker, spoke like a prophet during his 2008 candidacy. With bright promises of change for the better. We all fell for it, including myself. Now for the dark truth? Obama has no clue on how to run a country. And the primary energy of this administration is expended in hiding this truth from the public.

But the cult has already been propagated. “Once a God, always a God”, and Obama can do no wrong. The American people need to wake up and realize that they are following fantasy vs. reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm an Independent, have been for decades. Vote for both parties as well as libertarians and constitutional party, depending. Obama said all the right things 4 years ago. Turns out that while he has an agenda for the country, he doesn't know how to run things, did not bring in any advisers who do. But he believes he knows more about everything than anybody else does, so he can't even learn from his mistakes. His image is all he's got. This Benghazi situation is a perfect example. It wasn't about action, apparently, but about how it looked. Sending help might imply that there was still a problem, and he has been telling people that killing bin laden took care of it.

I think don't understand the protective attitude toward Hillary. Why hasn't she been called on the carpet to explain and defend her lack of action? Doesn't matter if she is the hope of the democrat party or the wife of a much beloved former president, she did not act when action was called for. She even manned up to it, so why is she still in place, unquestioned. notice I didn't put a question mark on that.

It looks like much more information is coming out and MSM is beginning to talk about the Benghazi situation. Excellent! President and SoS seem to be immune from criticism but maybe someone else will talk.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Tonight at work, I told 3 obama supporters about these documents and the hearing. Without even looking, they said the documents and the hearing video are both fake. They refuse to even look at them! No wonder the cover-up is working so well. These Obama supporters hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil....

In fact they said that instead, everyone is out to get him because he is black. Makes sense that skin color over rides proof.

It's almost like he has taken a page from one particularly villified country - at least they're villified on this website.

Is historic martyrdom the secret to every oppressor's success?

It's definitely starting to look like that.

top topics

join