It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else experiencing anxiety symptoms this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That is, for no explainable reason?

Ever since December of 2011, I haven't been like myself. I look in the mirror and feel like I'm seeing a different person. I've also been having isolated anxiety symptoms, without feeling the actual emotion-- unless anxiety over the symptoms themselves count. Gotta love self-perpetuation. It's like my brain is torturing me with Pavlov games for no reason.

I'm usually pretty content. 2011 was a good year for me inside my mind. I've always been a worrier, but my life doesn't currently contain anything that would logically cause me to worry about.

edit on 30-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've had severe anxiety this year. So bad to the point where I'm talking to a therapist and on meds. It's all helped wonders in the 4 months since I've gotten the help.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I know exactly where you are coming from, and have had the same feelings of which you speak on and off since about 2008.

I was prescribed one of the usual big pharma products (Valium), which I don't like to take as is leaves me feeling like a zombie.

I have found, and I don't know if this is a product that is available in the U.S. that 'Rescue Remedy' works extremely well to help cope with the symptoms of anxiety. I take it daily.

It contains the following:

Rock Rose – for terror and panic
Impatiens – for irritability and impatience
Clematis – for inattentiveness
Star of Bethlehem – for shock
Cherry Plum – to promote calmness and mental clarity

I gave some to a friend of mine the other day that was having similar feelings and within about 25 minutes I could see a physical change in his demeanour.

He said and I quote " It's not so much what you notice after taking it, it's what you don't notice".

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yes im glad where all in it togther. Best thing to do is not to go to places where your not wanted.
edit on 30-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Whoa, when I read that title my heart sank.

I have been having anxiety pretty bad for the past month for no reason. I have even posted a thread about it when it first occurred.

My symptoms are as such:

1.) Increased heart rate and the feeling of palpitations

2.) Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath

3.) Occasionally I will hear my heartbeat in my head.

4.) Depression like symptoms. Like the feeling that something bad is going to happen, and things are difficult to enjoy

Now I have even gone to my doctor and she said I was healthy, in fact, she said I was very healthy and I had a very strong lungs. She was wanting to prescribe me anti-depressants but I refused and tried to explain that the depression is a result of the anxiety.

I am really hoping that this thread will pick up, because I am rather worried about this and want to get to the bottom of it.

The only reason I can think off for why this is happening is because there was a very dramatic change in weather were I live (Portland, OR). We went from the longest dry period ever, to rain.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I have no logical reason to worry, in fact things have been going rather well.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by creatives

I know exactly where you are coming from, and have had the same feelings of which you speak on and off since about 2008.

I was prescribed one of the usual big pharma products (Valium), which I don't like to take as is leaves me feeling like a zombie.

I have found, and I don't know if this is a product that is available in the U.S. that 'Rescue Remedy' works extremely well to help cope with the symptoms of anxiety. I take it daily.

It contains the following:

Rock Rose – for terror and panic
Impatiens – for irritability and impatience
Clematis – for inattentiveness
Star of Bethlehem – for shock
Cherry Plum – to promote calmness and mental clarity

I gave some to a friend of mine the other day that was having similar feelings and within about 25 minutes I could see a physical change in his demeanour.

He said and I quote " It's not so much what you notice after taking it, it's what you don't notice".

I will definitely look into that, sounds very helpful, these symptoms have me worried, so it is kinda a compound effect.

Edit: The worst part of it all is that I have blocked ears and the only way to relieve the pressure is to take pseudoephedrine, which has a possible side effect of anxiety. So I am just completely screwed. And I think the blocked ears have caused an ear infection, and I cant get rid of it unless I get rid of the root of the problem, which is the blocked ears.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I honestly cannot speak highly enough of this fantastic natural remedy.
There are a number of different ways of taking it, spray's, drops but I find the most convenient are the Jubes, 2 under the tongue, they even taste quite nice.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by creatives

Do you know where the best place to get some is? I really dont want to order anything over the net, so do you know if any major stores sell it?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I too have experienced very mild depression along with these symptoms. Feeling kind of flat, mostly. Uninterested in drawing, which was one of my defining hobbies. I can barely concentrate enough to get a picture out of the "roughing" stage, and it's remarkably uncreative anyway.
My daily life is spent distracting myself with the internet, gourmet coffee and video games. I feel so stagnated.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

I too have experienced very mild depression along with these symptoms. Feeling kind of flat, mostly. Uninterested in drawing, which was one of my defining hobbies. I can barely concentrate enough to get a picture out of the "roughing" stage, and it's remarkably uncreative anyway.
My daily life is spent distracting myself with the internet, gourmet coffee and video games. I feel so stagnated.

Exactly, the depression is definitely mild (well it was kind of severe when the anxiety first hit, but it has died down)

The anxiety has also somewhat subsided since the initial panic attack.

However, what you said about the difficulty concentrating and having to distract yourself, I feel exactly the same way.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

We have an adorable new kitten; poor thing, I can barely enjoy her.
I'm glad I'm still capable of laughing at least. I used to have official depression before I started taking Lamictal for my seizures. I felt like myself again for the first time in years. Now it's slipped away again slightly.
It feels worrying to see yourself in the mirror and feel detached from your own unique identity. Are you experiencing that as well?

edit on 30-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't know which country you live in so I can't really advise you. I can buy it in out local pharmacy (here in Australia) it's about $10 AUD per tin, and @ my local health food shop. I'm sure if you have do a Google you should be able to source it online.

Here you go Renegade2283, I did the search for you: www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com... the pastilles are the easiest way to take it.

edit on 30-10-2012 by creatives because: edit to add link for Renegade2283

new topics

top topics

join