It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Editor of 'The Roswell Morning Dispatch' Recalls Events From Historic UFO Crash | INTERVIEW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Instead, we know what was found and that's why interest disappeared faster than you can launch a kite!

Roswell is a joke and the gullible supporters are the jokesters. Stupidity reigns.

No, you know what the military reported was found. They changed their story 2 more times. And you KNOW what they found? I don't think so. Friedman has put a lot of hard work and years into UFO research. He researched Roswell for some 10 years. He spent years in the archives in Washington to get answers. Quick buck artist? I don't think so.

There have been dozens of witnesses.. I don't know where you dug up a # that there are "more witnesses now" than previous. Care to share where you discovered a finite # of people that could have possibly been witnesses to events or people or stories in Roswell? That must have been a challenge to find, do share!

That the military itself reported they had captured a UFO.. when that particular airbase dealt with a wide range of aircraft, conventional and secret, speaks volumes. They said they found a flying DISK. Not the mess of a small weather balloon. It doesn't strike you as odd that officers in the military at the time could get it so wrong? So what.. you just accept their story? Even though they changed it? Repeatedly?

Who is the gullible one again?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Can someone please explain to me why all these stupid conspiracy/UFO/Bigfoot, etc. websites ALL have to use black backgrounds with light type? That crap gives me eyestrain headaches. I'll pass.

And yet you've been a member here at ATS, i.e., a "conspiracy/UFO/Bigfoot website with a black background and light type" since 2009 . . . go figure. :>)

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Can someone please explain to me why all these stupid conspiracy/UFO/Bigfoot, etc. websites ALL have to use black backgrounds with light type? That crap gives me eyestrain headaches. I'll pass.

It's less painful for me at least, to have a darker background. When I write, I in fact change all my backgrounds to a grayish color. Bright white for hours is what gives me eyestrain. Each to their own however.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Instead, we know what was found and that's why interest disappeared faster than you can launch a kite!

Roswell is a joke and the gullible supporters are the jokesters. Stupidity reigns.

No, you know what the military reported was found. They changed their story 2 more times. And you KNOW what they found? I don't think so. Friedman has put a lot of hard work and years into UFO research. He researched Roswell for some 10 years. He spent years in the archives in Washington to get answers. Quick buck artist? I don't think so.

There have been dozens of witnesses.. I don't know where you dug up a # that there are "more witnesses now" than previous. Care to share where you discovered a finite # of people that could have possibly been witnesses to events or people or stories in Roswell? That must have been a challenge to find, do share!

That the military itself reported they had captured a UFO.. when that particular airbase dealt with a wide range of aircraft, conventional and secret, speaks volumes. They said they found a flying DISK. Not the mess of a small weather balloon. It doesn't strike you as odd that officers in the military at the time could get it so wrong? So what.. you just accept their story? Even though they changed it? Repeatedly?

You are a tyro and, therefore, you have no idea of what really happened in 1947. It's people such as yourself that keep the myth going. No UFO crashed near Roswell nor anywhere on earth. Find the evidence for your beliefs and Friedman has not put in years of "hard" work, he probably manufactured most if not all of what he report(ed)s.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

For the record, this does not appear to be an interview, but a paraphrasing of what the interviewee may or may not have said, as every paragraph of the editor/interviewee is in third person. This is a very odd interview format and makes me question its veracity. OP'er, didn't you find this odd? These paraphrasings are also rife with dangling participles, so it is hard to make sense of them, i.e. is the interviewer describing himself or the interviewee. This doesn't help to lend credibility to it.

Also like how the editor believes the craft was from another galaxy. Not good enough that it was from another star system in our galaxy, but has to be from some other galaxy. Talk about unlikely.

edit on 1-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

There are more Roswell "witnesses" alive now than there were in 1947!

May be so but as a debunker you should do your home work and sort out whats legit or BS

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Thanks for your positive input and noted, also get your eyes checked and take up spoon bending for a hobby

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by fleabit

You are a tyro and, therefore, you have no idea of what really happened in 1947. It's people such as yourself that keep the myth going. No UFO crashed near Roswell nor anywhere on earth. Find the evidence for your beliefs and Friedman has not put in years of "hard" work, he probably manufactured most if not all of what he report(ed)s.

I almost never agree with you The Shrike, you often make me want to scream. I just can't figure out if you are a paid hack, or if these are really your thoughts.

In previous posts, you have told us how smart you are. Proven with standardized IQ tests. Yet, somehow you come to the conclusion that Friedman made everything up. Plus, every time in my 50 years I have had someone telling how smart they are, are usually mistaken. Actions louder than words.

1. Did he make up the press release by the military that they had captured a flying disk? How do you explain this? Do you think, with your great intellect, that the most technologically advanced intelligence team would mistake a balloon, even a Mogul balloon, for a flying disk? That makes no sense. Since that is the beginning of the public story, it is a good place to start.
2. Did he "make up" the video testimony of Marcel, who handled the wreckage and was made a fool by the government cover story?
3. Did he make up the death bed confession of Haut, who issued the press release?
4. Did Friedman make up the Ramey memo, which General Ramey is holding in the famous "wreckage picture?". With modern technology, this memo proves, to me, that the General was very likely covering up the real events, like "dead aviators of the disk".
5. Did Friedman make up the testimonies of more than 100 witnesses, who by the way, have also been discovered by other researchers besides Friedman?

Every time you make another ridiculous claim, such as "Friedman made everything up", you show yourself to be the exact opposite of what you claim.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Omissions.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi Greyer,

Originally posted by greyer

Hello Frank, the story is having trouble loading on my browser but I will be looking into it.

The site is best experienced using ®FireFox; however, the front page is content heavy and as a "benchmark" takes about 15 seconds to load (3 ghz clockspeed; 3 gig mem, with Win 7)

I wanted to mention that in my UFO interest, when I am watching or listening to researchers in the field about good knowledge over the subject they are mentioning your name. I have heard them refer to your work in conferences and interviews and had noticed you were on ATS, thanks for posting this thread on Roswell.

Thanks for the heads-up and your welcome.

A couple months ago I started listening to many interviews on Roswell. I find it interesting in this 1994 interview with Kevin Randle he says the UFO was a heel shaped object like the flying wing, and the aliens had pupils (maybe similar to the Betty and Barney Hill case). Yet I am not sure Don Schmitt agrees with this information and I had heard they once has a disagreement, and Kevin admits he was an Air Force intelligence officer - a person who would give us pieces of information and also disinfo. Kevin says he is 100% sure it was alien, 95% sure it was extraterrestrial, 4% sure it was interdimensional, and 1% it was time travelers..

I can't speak to the percentages; however, Kevin has spent years absorbing the evidence and his opinion carries weight.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

For the record, this does not appear to be an interview, but a paraphrasing of what the interviewee may or may not have said, as every paragraph of the editor/interviewee is in third person. This is a very odd interview format and makes me question its veracity. OP'er, didn't you find this odd?

Yes I did . . ..

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

1. Did he make up the press release by the military that they had captured a flying disk? How do you explain this? Do you think, with your great intellect, that the most technologically advanced intelligence team would mistake a balloon, even a Mogul balloon, for a flying disk? That makes no sense. Since that is the beginning of the public story, it is a good place to start.
2. Did he "make up" the video testimony of Marcel, who handled the wreckage and was made a fool by the government cover story?

Why do people continue to make this mistake? The Marcel site isn't connected to the actual claimed "crash site". Read again what Jesse Marcel Sr. and Jr. said they saw. Foil-like material and small i-beams. Remove the claims that the news photo is a cover-up, or the materials are something Marcel Sr. has never seen before and focus ONLY on the description. Foil and i-beams. The materials are exactly what weather balloons, or it's cargo, were made of at the time. What are the chances that a "spaceship" from another world comes to earth and crashes and just happens to be constructed of the same type of material? Not likely.

I just can't figure out if you are a paid hack, or if these are really your thoughts.

"Paid hack"

edit on 1-11-2012 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Now that's a Thread !
Great fascinating work.
I'm all ears.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
reply to post by FireMoon

There are more Roswell "witnesses" alive now than there were in 1947!

May be so but as a debunker you should do your home work and sort out whats legit or BS

FireMoon didn't say "There are more Roswell "witnesses" alive now than there were in 1947!", I did. Your should learn to quote properly to keep the status quo.

Stating a fact has nothing to do with debunking and it seems to me by your nonsensical reply that it's you that needs to sort out what's legit or BS. You lean towards the latter.

The fact is that more "witnesses" have come out of the woodwork than were alive in 1947. First, there were no witnesses to the event. Second, the few that did go out to the debris field did not find anything associated with a UFO. If you can prove differently bring it on.

However, you are not alone. You are part of the gullible mass.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

snip

I almost never agree with you The Shrike, you often make me want to scream. I just can't figure out if you are a paid hack, or if these are really your thoughts.

In previous posts, you have told us how smart you are. Proven with standardized IQ tests. Yet, somehow you come to the conclusion that Friedman made everything up. Plus, every time in my 50 years I have had someone telling how smart they are, are usually mistaken. Actions louder than words.

3. Did he make up the death bed confession of Haut, who issued the press release?
4. Did Friedman make up the Ramey memo, which General Ramey is holding in the famous "wreckage picture?". With modern technology, this memo proves, to me, that the General was very likely covering up the real events, like "dead aviators of the disk".
5. Did Friedman make up the testimonies of more than 100 witnesses, who by the way, have also been discovered by other researchers besides Friedman?

Every time you make another ridiculous claim, such as "Friedman made everything up", you show yourself to be the exact opposite of what you claim.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Omissions.

I never expect the gullible to agree with me unless they see the light after reading anything I posted. The sad part, for you, is that history does not agree with you, it's more on my side. It's not up to me to explain anything to you as you have a closed mind that is open only to what you want to accept as fact and that isn't much.

Be my guest and believe all of the bs that you want to believe in, it's devoid of real, historical facts.

And Friedman is the biggest bs'er of all of the popular authors. He is not alone, but he is at the top.

My opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
snip
I can't speak to the percentages; however, Kevin has spent years absorbing the evidence and his opinion carries weight.

Cheers,
Frank

Opinions carry weight only when they are supported by facts. Kevin Randle's opinion carries no weight because he is just a reporter as are all of the popular UFO authors. Thanks to him and Stanton Friedman (and of course all of those who jumped on the Roswell bandwagon) creating Roswel mythology for the big buck$, more people believe them outright than should be the norm. The norm is that doing proper research proves that the popular authors would rather bs the public because they are in it for the money and know that the majority are gullible and would rather support a fantasy than the boring truth. As long as we have the original 1947 newspapers that stated what "Mac" Brazel found and the fact that the story disappeared for over 30 years until revived is where the truth lies (pun intended).

This forum proves that gullibility reigns.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8

Why do people continue to make this mistake? The Marcel site isn't connected to the actual claimed "crash site". Read again what Jesse Marcel Sr. and Jr. said they saw. Foil-like material and small i-beams. Remove the claims that the news photo is a cover-up, or the materials are something Marcel Sr. has never seen before and focus ONLY on the description. Foil and i-beams. The materials are exactly what weather balloons, or it's cargo, were made of at the time. What are the chances that a "spaceship" from another world comes to earth and crashes and just happens to be constructed of the same type of material? Not likely.

I just can't figure out if you are a paid hack, or if these are really your thoughts.

"Paid hack"

edit on 1-11-2012 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

We're beating a dead horse!

There are very few members, such as us, that use logic and are therefore not convinced by what sounds too good to be true. Mental conditioning really is a serious obstacle to reality. Fantasy sells, truth is boring.

While a lot of people credit Friedman with initiating the Roswell myth, it was "The Roswell Incident" by Charles Berlitz and William L. Moore, published in 1980. Friedman did research for the book.

Wikipedia says: " The incident has turned into a widely known pop culture phenomenon, making the name Roswell synonymous with UFOs. It is the most publicized and controversial of alleged UFO incidents." This is not entirely true as it wasn't the incident itself but the publicity it received 30 years later thanks to the above mentioned book.

"By the early 1990s, UFO researchers such as Friedman, William Moore, Karl T. Pflock, and the team of Kevin D. Randle and Donald R. Schmitt had interviewed several hundred people who had, or claimed to have had, a connection with the events at Roswell in 1947."

"...or claimed to have had..." Several hundred people!

Let me get my boots on it's getting deeper!
And where is my "hack" check?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Call me gullible but the debunking of Roswell is a lost cause.
It's out of the gate, for eons.

The 509th were a rare bomber group. Able to carry "Hot Cargo"
(nuclear weapons) . Certainly trusted and more educated than
the average bomber group of their day.

If we just take the initial report, high strangeness
is an understatement. The press release was from the Army Air Base.
Not some crazy reporter or pilot, the Army Air base.
Why would such an elite group accidentally call a weather balloon
or a project Mogul balloon a Flying disk?
Why did J Edgar Hoover want to see this "weather balloon"
so badly?
I know debunkers have an answer for these things..I think.
But the tables are turned now. Debunkers cannot say with certainty
that no ET craft crashed that night in Roswell.
I certainly don't want to get into a back and forth with members whose every
threads are Alien debunking threads.
But Debunkers, do you believe that there are Extra Terrestrials anywhere in our Universe?
And if so, none are more advanced than we are?
Tell me how you know for certain that nothing other worldly crashed at Roswell.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Hi, has anyone come across anyone who has done research on the foil material actually used for the balloons in '47? One aspect I remember some said the foil found at the site would have "memory",and rebound back to it's original shape. Did the foil the military use for the balloon reported to have been found have this aspect? I feel this is small, but an important description. No big deal today, but back in '47...
I have a hard time the quality of men working at the B-29 base would not instantly recognize the debris as some kind of balloon. I have read that the farmers in the area would get a cash reward for turning in one which fell on their land, everyone knew what they were.
I tend to believe the stories of the old men the past decade or so as they reach the end of their lives. For the truth to come out, to get it off their chests. Some things happen in our lives we never forget. The fear or hold the military might have on them is gone.
A big factor for me as far as a cover-up, the country was far different in 1947 than today. WW 2 had just ended. The military had much more pull than even today. A small town in the middle of nowhere would buckle under the pressure back then fairly easy, even controlling the media.
I do feel something happened outside Roswell. Something that the military could not explain at the time, maybe not even today. So they buried it. I understand this reasoning. Maybe the story will come out if something happens which makes Roswell seem small, but would not bet on it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good Day lyingunderoath,

Originally posted by lyingunderoath
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Hi, has anyone come across anyone who has done research on the foil material actually used for the balloons in '47? One aspect I remember some said the foil found at the site would have "memory",and rebound back to it's original shape. Did the foil the military use for the balloon reported to have been found have this aspect? I feel this is small, but an important description. No big deal today, but back in '47...

-snip-

This may help:

Roswell 'Memory Metal' Back Engineered?

ROSWELL METAL SCIENTIST: THE CURIOUS DR. CROSS

Did the Canadians Analyze the Roswell Metal?

SCIENTIST ADMITS TO STUDY OF ROSWELL CRASH DEBRIS! (Confirmed by FOIA Document)

THE FINAL SECRETS OF ROSWELL'S MEMORY METAL REVEALED

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I think you need to get over yourself. No you're not the only few members that use logic, does that seem logical to think that way? Your logic only makes sense according to your own understanding of reality which sadly is very short. All it takes is a little cleverness and the ability to put 2 things together and the answer becomes obvious. Many ET believers such as myself are not believers because from what we read or heard but because we witness the phenomenon ourselves. If you're using logic to conclude to your opinions then you need to use your logic at a deeper level, the facts are out there and you need to seriously learn how to add things together, many people have and get it and to be honest it's not hard a process, the problem is your per-conceived notions and beliefs that are holding you back and you'll never see the truth for what it is. What's gullible is that you believe the very people who are covering up this phenomenon and you believe it because it goes according to your belief system, it's simple psychology.

If you're not lucky enough to witness a UFO phenomenon then the proof will be found at a deeper inner personal level, you have to achieve a greater understanding of the entire ET phenomenon to grasp this reality.
You strike me as a pretty standard stereotypical skeptic, stay away from the skeptic websites it does not good for your brain and inner truth, there's not going to be an alien autopsy or another crashed UFO anytime soon so don't expect that, matter of fact don't expect any evidence to handed to you on a silver platter Research all of the universe mysteries and weave things together and you'll find truth.
edit on 1-11-2012 by samaka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join