Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Former Editor of 'The Roswell Morning Dispatch' Recalls Events From Historic UFO Crash | INTERVIEW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Logarock
I would like to know how the Roswell case has provided so much info when other case with a good number of witnesses have been crushed out.

Initially it was popularized by Charles Berlitz and William Moore. Berlitz was a household name, what with the language business and all. Once something is popularized by such eminence certain people smell money waiting to be gathered. It's really that simple. Of course, it was aided by the innocent confabulation of one principal who had mental problems and also saw that he was going to be in the headlines again so old memories were enhanced. After all who wants to rehash old, boring history when with a little white lie it's news again? 30-year-old-memories ain't what they used to be!

I have read a number of UFO books that seem to just be another version of the other. Same with other topics. It has come to my mind that some of these authors were simply trying to cash in a bit. And yea I have seen lame issues blown out of shape just to keep the fire going.

What was the motivation of Berlitz? Oh by the way you have seen Vallees pointing out how many ufo guys are former army intel? Berlitz was. Do you make anything of that?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Whoever made the interview:

Besides paraphrazing... according to which the old guy says he believed it was from another galaxy

wait... 'believed' - how is this any more credible than me saying 'I believe' or you saying 'I believe' while it is not based on anything to say, 'the fact is' ... ? So how is this any more credible?

Also when the juicy part starts, a redirection Read More, BUY THE$E DVD$ comes on the next link - this is a typical method to earn money, so tell me, how does this bear any credibility?

Rosewell is full of lies and controversy - that's a fact.

Well the info there could be why he said it rather than his being more of a credible nature. It may be as simple as an expression of his total frustration with what he was looking at.....not really an authoritative statment. I dont think anyone asked him if he thought the deal was from our star system or another galaxy.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
reply to post by The Shrike

The Shrike,

By the way, you are really not a great debunker. I would love to debate you, at any time, about anything to do with UFOs, Roswell, or an alien presence.

While you do pose the stock questions and I appreciate them, the fact is that I've answered them ad infinitum here and on other UFO forums since the early '90s so I'll simply answer your questions thusly: Become aware of what the times were like in 1947 and the tension between us and the Russians and our secret attempts at spying on the Russians' atomic tests. That should tell you that the big mouths at Roswell AAFB realized that they had put the U.S. gov't in jeopardy and disarmed the possible endangerment by seemingly making 2 mistakes to turn a secret project into a harmless everyday weather event.

As cops like to say at a scene: "Move on, folks, nothing here of interest" and life returns to normal.

I spent may hours looking over micofilm of a number of news papers around the country and local to myself. For at least two weeks before Roswell UFO reports from around the world were hot, front page and any number of stories in the same paper. I have files of these news paper reports. Then on the date in question we have the Roswell story, the back tracking ect. And then nothing. The presses went dead within a few days of Roswell. Besides the developing Roswell story, were did all the reports go that were flooding in from all over the world? They just stoped as if someone pulled the switch on all press coverage or the UFOs just vanished after Roswell....something.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That's because someone either told them to shut up and stop looking or the media too took part in the coverup sending false information. Though I think a saucer did crash, some say it was Soviet, others that it was Nazi.. aliens idk where this comes frm

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
But Debunkers, do you believe that there are Extra Terrestrials anywhere in our Universe?
And if so, none are more advanced than we are?

I believe in the likelihood of life outside of our galaxy. Life being in the form of very basic lifeforms. Intelligent life, as we are, isn't as likely. Superior intelligent life is even more unlikely. With the age of the earth estimated at 4.5 billion years, only one life form of billions has evolved intelligent enough to think beyond just survival. We're a fluke. We've strayed far beyond the basic necessities of nature. Yes, it happened here, so it can happen elsewhere, but, not on the grand scale that seems to be talked about on this forum. And, if we had been visited by an alien race, it would be known. A being with the curiosity to travel light years to explore, also carries that curiosity to earth. It doesn't play a silly game of hide-and-seek with us. I'm speaking in terms of actual tangible proof. Not the word of the word or stories of abductions etc.

Tell me how you know for certain that nothing other worldly crashed at Roswell.

It's not about anyone proving something didn't crash at Roswell, it's about proving something did. People are making a claim that a spaceship from outer space came into earths atmosphere and crashed. That's an extraordinary claim and not some simple feat. The burden of proof lies on this extraordinary claim and it has to because the scale of it.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I would like to know how the Roswell case has provided so much info when other case with a good number of witnesses have been crushed out.

Initially it was popularized by Charles Berlitz and William Moore. Berlitz was a household name, what with the language business and all. Once something is popularized by such eminence certain people smell money waiting to be gathered. It's really that simple. Of course, it was aided by the innocent confabulation of one principal who had mental problems and also saw that he was going to be in the headlines again so old memories were enhanced. After all who wants to rehash old, boring history when with a little white lie it's news again? 30-year-old-memories ain't what they used to be!

Shrike, all of your points on this post of of the base sort. "smelling money"...."old memories"....
ld boring history"..."white lies" ect.

Truth is the story needed someone like Berlitz to break it if you will. It resulted in a flood of info over the years comming from all directions. We had a school teacher back in ohio that would tell his class at the start of the new year about how he dated a girl in college whos father was a very high ranking officer in the AF stationed at Wright Paterson. He would just say that "UFOs are real people" and would leave it at that. He wouldnt allow any talk about UFOs after or at any time durring the year. He said he just wanted us to remember what he said as we went on in life and were exposed to UFO info. This was in Jr High around 1973.....7 years before Berlitz came out and 26 years after Roswell.

By the way did you know Stanton Friedman was looking into this before Berlitz book was published?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You are a tyro and, therefore, you have no idea of what really happened in 1947. It's people such as yourself that keep the myth going. No UFO crashed near Roswell nor anywhere on earth. Find the evidence for your beliefs and Friedman has not put in years of "hard" work, he probably manufactured most if not all of what he report(ed)s.

For someone who is supposedly a logical fellow, you certainly jump to a lot of conclusions. Probably manufactured? You are just guessing. Care to provide some measure of proof? You don't know what happened any more than I do. I personally don't believe in a lot of reported UFO sightings. I think all crop circles are man-made. I think almost all abductions are bunk. But there are some cases where plenty of great evidence is presented. Your mindset simply won't allow you to believe it is real. In your world, all stories are fake, all witnesses are lying, all recollections are faulty. I use not just logic but common sense however. Not all accounts were by Friedman.

Phoenix lights.. Roswell.. 1976 Tehran incident.. there are certain sightings that I firmly believe are real. It only takes one sighting to be real to prove visitation. I'd love to hear how you explain way the Phoenix and Tehran sightings.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I have read a number of UFO books that seem to just be another version of the other. Same with other topics. It has come to my mind that some of these authors were simply trying to cash in a bit. And yea I have seen lame issues blown out of shape just to keep the fire going.

What was the motivation of Berlitz? Oh by the way you have seen Vallees pointing out how many ufo guys are former army intel? Berlitz was. Do you make anything of that?

Most if not all popular knowledge of UFOlogy comes from a few authors who were not interested in anything but lining their pockets with money freely given by the gullible. Authors such as William Moore, Stanton Friedman, Kevin Randle, Don Schmitt, Jerome Clark, David Jacobs, etc. After all, you can only report what has taken place without anything new being added 'cause every report was after the fact. And a few of these authors resorted to outright lies and they were in conflict with each other and there was no way you could trust any of them to present the truth. They had to lie in order to convince the gullible that each one had the information that really counted.

I think that the motivation for Berlitz was the popularity of the 1968 book "Chariots of the Gods?" by Erich von Däniken which influenced Berlitz to jump on the money bandwagon and a few years later (1974) he came out with his own book on the Bermuda Triangle which also caused a publishing uproar.

As for Vallee, I haven't followed him as much as I did when he first gained prominence with his better-than-average books but I stopped reading his stuff after he went overboard with his writings about the commonalities between UFOs, cults, religious movements, demons, angels, ghosts, cryptid sightings, and psychic phenomena. Speculation about these potential links were first detailed in Vallée's third UFO book, Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers. To me this was a bit much and too big a leap from reality to religious fantasy.

He accepted, without any evidence, the humanoid body structure of the alleged "aliens" an discussed
"thousands of abduction reports" as if they had any validity. To me that's a good scientist gone bad.

Maybe those "Intel" guys smelled the same green that Friedman, et al, did.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
I can't speak to the percentages; however, Kevin has spent years absorbing the evidence and his opinion carries weight.

Cheers,
Frank

Hello Frank,

I listen to Kevin a lot, and I feel he is telling us the truth about his experiences with the Roswell witnesses and also his beliefs on the crash which is mostly based from his experiences from those involved. Yet I wouldn't mistunderstand why he had a fallout with Don Schmitt at one time though I do not know any of the information, because in the interview I posted Kevin admitted that he was in Air Force Intelligence. It would take me a while to bring back all the interviews, but Kevin has said explainations to cattle mutilations and abductions making us all look like we haven't studied any facts, yet in the 1994 interview he said that abductions were legitimate That is a major slip for any intelligence officer, basically Doty and Collins are the real deal those who would have to know how to lie. To my knowledge cattle mutilations and abductions were alien and opinions of them being not are basically denying the evidence of truth and even contradicting words because listeners are now comparing information from these sources in different decades.
edit on 3-11-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Shrike, all of your points on this post of of the base sort. "smelling money"...."old memories"....

Truth is the story needed someone like Berlitz to break it if you will. It resulted in a flood of info over the years comming from all directions. We had a school teacher back in ohio that would tell his class at the start of the new year about how he dated a girl in college whos father was a very high ranking officer in the AF stationed at Wright Paterson. He would just say that "UFOs are real people" and would leave it at that. He wouldnt allow any talk about UFOs after or at any time durring the year. He said he just wanted us to remember what he said as we went on in life and were exposed to UFO info. This was in Jr High around 1973.....7 years before Berlitz came out and 26 years after Roswell.

By the way did you know Stanton Friedman was looking into this before Berlitz book was published?

If you are a well-versed UFO enthusiast then you would accept my conclusions as factually-based. Stanton Friedman is not in it for factual presentation, he is on it for the money 'cause he has found out that gullibility sells and the majority of humans are gullible. Ditto for the multitude of authors of UFO books.

The Roswell "witnesses", especially the original participators, that have been interviewed are relying on 30+ year-old memories and what they remember or remembered is far from the actual events.

"Old, boring history" 'cause the truth about what happened connected with Roswell, as an example, is known but ignored for fantasy.

"White lies" because the memories have been replaced by confabulations but without the purposeful of outright lying.

Berlitz "broke it" but only because his name was recognizable and William Moore's name was not yet established. And Berlitz' 1974 book on the Bermuda "triangle" had made him a household name, aside from the already established family name and languages. Friedman became aware of Roswell in 1978 and did research for the Berlitz/Moore book on Roswell but was not acknowledged to his satisfaction.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Mornin' G,

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by Frank Warren
I can't speak to the percentages; however, Kevin has spent years absorbing the evidence and his opinion carries weight.

Cheers,
Frank

Hello Frank,

I listen to Kevin a lot, and I feel he is telling us the truth about his experiences with the Roswell witnesses and also his beliefs on the crash which is mostly based from his experiences from those involved.

Aside from fringe elements or the uniformed, the veracity of his recapitulations has never been called into question; however, his conclusions, or interpretations of the evidence that he has absorbed has always been a bone of contention for some, as like politics, this is the nature of Ufology.

Yet I wouldn't mistunderstand why he had a fallout with Don Schmitt at one time though I do not know any of the information, because in the interview I posted Kevin admitted that he was in Air Force Intelligence.

"Admitted" is not the verb I would use to describe (a portion of) Kevin's proud service to our country; it's part of his "public" résumé and always has been. As far as his tiff with Don–they have buried the hatchet.

It would take me a while to bring back all the interviews, but Kevin has said explainations to cattle mutilations and abductions making us all look like we haven't studied any facts, yet in the 1994 interview he said that abductions were legitimate That is a major slip for any intelligence officer, basically Doty and Collins are the real deal those who would have to know how to lie.

Admittedly, "cattle mutilations" is not my cup of tea and I can't offer an informed opinion re Kevin's stance in the matter.

To my knowledge cattle mutilations and abductions were alien and opinions of them being not are basically denying the evidence of truth and even contradicting words because listeners are now comparing information from these sources in different decades.
edit on 3-11-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

Again, I'm not erudite in cattle mutilation;however, I hold a Sagan stance in general and that of course is:

"extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

Cheers,
Frank

P.S. You can listen to an interview I did with Kevin here re The Socorro Incident.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

If you are a well-versed UFO enthusiast then you would accept my conclusions as factually-based. Stanton Friedman is not in it for factual presentation, he is on it for the money 'cause he has found out that gullibility sells and the majority of humans are gullible. Ditto for the multitude of authors of UFO books.

Well I am a student of another issues that has it stars, heavy weights, books and what not. That world is full of all the same things that afflict the UFO field....tossing under the bus, profit seekers, infighting, fraud ect ect. The problem is that this drama is often time the bigger story. As you know a persons life work can be tarnished and discounted, if not with one bad bit of work, then by critcs or others in the field. The profit motive discounter is one of the most distructive and I have seen people turn from the investigative path. I know a guy that said "I have been in this thing for 30 years and havent made a dime. I saw what they did to my brother". Well this guy jumped on a fraud badwagon and tried to make some money at it and ended up hurting eveything his brother stood for.

There are also critics in this field that make money bashing everything. I have some of their works and they are generaly very poor themselves in the area of facts. It seems that the most trustworthy critics come from the ranks of the proponents who are trying to protect the field rather than just flush it all down the drain.

At any rate there remains a very strong body of truth in the study whatever the fireworks are about. As UFOs go I just happen to know that the are real so that keeps me moving. All these fire fights do nothing to take away from that foundation. That being the fact as I know it.....that by the late 60s someone was using "air ships" on earth, that did not employ known propulsion methods, could remain stationary and fly without regard to gravity, were intrusive and disregarded normal flight safety and civil authority.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
I just can't figure out if you are a paid hack, or if these are really your thoughts.

I think i understand why the thought of 'The Shrike' as a "paid hack" came to your mind, i think there may be many who think of him as a "paid hack" and it wouldn't surprise me if there are many who think of him as that. In some other threads there have been some "confrontations" between 'The Shrike' and other ATS members including between him and me. I think 'The Shrike' is aware that something extraordinary did happen at Roswell in 1947 but he just don't want to admit that, and it wouldn't surprise me if 'The Shrike' will try to accuse me of tearing his www.abovetopsecret.com... "Actual Roswell Newspaper Text - The "Smoking Gun" - NO UFO!" thread apart
(but hey, 'The Shrike' might be reading this, so i think i have given him good ideas for trying to accuse me for that
)
, but i never tore his thread apart (at least not on purpose if he really think that
)
, i just came up with good points and info that debunk his socalled Mogul Balloon Train thread

There is nothing to worry about, i think 'The Shrike' is just singing his usual old >>I'm a great pretender

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join