It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on people of the Earth! You can do better!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I stand speechless. Totally. Where have all the respect gone?

Where have the times disappeared when you could count on the word of another? Where has fun without sarcasm and mockery disappeared?

I have never been in a natural disaster. I have never witnessed a hurricane or an earthquake. But if I did, somehow I have a feeling I would respect the powers of nature that were a part of that.

Yet, here I can read argues of whether or not the one h3ll of a big storm was hyped or not. Okey, everybody is intitled to their opinion but... Come on! It was big, it caused damage!

And it isn't only this issue, this is a global thing. I see it everywhere. Everyone has to be right, no-one wants to bend! Everybody has an urge to speak out, but nobody is willing to listen. Is this where we have come to? Can you apply a Gauss-curve on this too, where 3 percent on each end benefits from the stupidity of the 94 percent in the middle.

I think we have missed something here. The love we are capable of feeling doesn't have to stop in ourselves or our family. There is enough to share it wider. To everyone.

We don't always have to agree, but then again, who said to agree is an on-off switch where 'disagree' is the only possibility left.

Actually, there would be tons to write about but I'm so emotional right now I find it hard to hit the keyboard.

All I want to say is, if we act like this, we ain't worth everything we truly are.

Don't ever forget. We are you, you are us. As one we are everything.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

It would be a boring world if everyone had the same opinions

ridicule is a part of life either you shrug it off or you keep crying about it every time it happens until one day you cant take it anymore and give up.

only weak minds can be affected by online ridicule.

in real life being ridiculed every waking moment would be pretty awful but even then a strong mind wouldnt succumb to such childishness and break.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnWhiteMars
I stand speechless. Totally. Where have all the respect gone?

Where have the times disappeared when you could count on the word of another? Where has fun without sarcasm and mockery disappeared?

I have never been in a natural disaster. I have never witnessed a hurricane or an earthquake. But if I did, somehow I have a feeling I would respect the powers of nature that were a part of that.

Yet, here I can read argues of whether or not the one h3ll of a big storm was hyped or not. Okey, everybody is intitled to their opinion but... Come on! It was big, it caused damage!

And it isn't only this issue, this is a global thing. I see it everywhere. Everyone has to be right, no-one wants to bend! Everybody has an urge to speak out, but nobody is willing to listen. Is this where we have come to? Can you apply a Gauss-curve on this too, where 3 percent on each end benefits from the stupidity of the 94 percent in the middle.

I think we have missed something here. The love we are capable of feeling doesn't have to stop in ourselves or our family. There is enough to share it wider. To everyone.

We don't always have to agree, but then again, who said to agree is an on-off switch where 'disagree' is the only possibility left.

Actually, there would be tons to write about but I'm so emotional right now I find it hard to hit the keyboard.

All I want to say is, if we act like this, we ain't worth everything we truly are.

Don't ever forget. We are you, you are us. As one we are everything.

I am trying to understand you message? Are you say people don't care? You do realize there can be a disaster and still be hyped right? we had the Tsunami here not long ago and since i also took photos I know how an angle can tell a different story and you can make something simple to clean up look really bad.

Was you this upset when the Japan Tsunami happened? I feel like people forgot those people really fast and the place is still quaking and they are still suffering there.

Personally I just would like to see the truth in all cases, and no hype and no trying to portray things beyond what is.

Clearly this is a huge disaster for many areas and most of those areas just like in Katrina will not be looked at as the places that are not as bad but portrayed to be so will get all the attention. There were whole towns in devastation back then that were never even shown on the news.

I would also like people to hear what is said and not decide that people mean something more.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Absolutely, same opinions all around would be dull. But that isn't what I was getting at. There is a difference in disagreing and in ridiculing. And further in your statement you give ridiculing a blessing. This is how we differ. I don't see things like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

As a matter of fact I'm trying to say that people do care, of themselves. And I didn't comment on the hyping, but the ongoing argue about the hyping. I'm still worried about Japan, the disaster is far from over. Otherwise I thinkwe are on the same page, though I truly noticed that you didn't quite get my point, but that really is my problem not yours!
edit on 30-10-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

we've come a long way as humans from killing each other with sticks and stones to prove a point to merely degrading one another thats progress dont you think?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

What ever our evolutionary road has been, I just don't see this kind of behavior as a must. So I don't justify the issue with being a lesser bad than killing with sticks.

top topics

join