It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Unconfirmed) BREAKING : Stock Exchange Floor at Wall Street .. 3 feets of Water

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yeah, my dad and brother are under water right now and have no power either, suppose to clear out by Wednesday. Hopefully they can weather it until then, told them to come down here but they didn't want to listen..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Breaking posted first : by Doodle19815

from this thread : Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

found this so far :
NYC: Superstorm Sandy floods Wall Street, subway

Much of New York was plunged into darkness Monday by a superstorm that overflowed the city's historic waterfront, flooded the financial district and subway tunnels and cut power to nearly a million people.

The city had shut its mass transit system, schools, the stock exchange and Broadway and ordered hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers to leave home to get out of the way of the superstorm Sandy as it zeroed in on the nation's largest city. Residents spent much of the day trying to salvage normal routines, jogging and snapping pictures of the water while officials warned the worst of the storm had not hit.

By evening, a record 13-foot storm surge was threatening Manhattan's southern tip, utilities darkened parts of downtown Manhattan on purpose to avoid storm damage and water started lapping over the seawall in Battery Park City, flooded rail yards and parts of the financial district.

"Now it's really turning into something," said Brian Damianakes, taking shelter in an ATM vestibule and watching a trash can below down the street.

Shortly after the massive storm made landfall in southern New Jersey, Consolidated Edison cut power deliberately to about 6,500 customers in downtown Manhattan to avert further damage. Then, huge swaths of the city went dark, losing power to 250,000 customers in Manhattan, Con Ed spokesman Chris Olert said.

Another 1 million customers lost power earlier Monday in New York City, the northern suburbs and coastal Long Island, where floodwaters swamped cars, downed trees and put neighborhoods under water.

edit on 10/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
TV news here in Australia (ABC news) reports that the Wall Street Stock Exchange has NOT flooded, contrary to earlier reports (and has been doing so since 12 midday, 3 hours ago).

The subway, however...
is another matter entirely.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
TV news here in Australia (ABC news) reports that the Wall Street Stock Exchange has NOT flooded, contrary to earlier reports (and has been doing so since 12 midday, 3 hours ago).

The subway, however...
is another matter entirely.

hope CNN will correct their mistake soon
thanks for another confirmation (CNBC and now ABC)
if we get more confirmation like this .. then it was untrue
CNN is full of crap for saying this without really confirming

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Only a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of trades actually take place on the floor.. it's old school. I'm not even sure why they still do it. Most trades are electronic now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

www.businessinsider.com...

Pictures from a few hours ago .. the NYSE is safe.

Though everything around it seems to have flooded. I'm sure the building suffered water damage, but then again I don't even know if the NYSE "floor" is actually on the first floor. Could be on the 5th. Anyone actually know?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We have to wonder if we read between the lines
why would CNN said this while millions are watching
mistakes like this have maybe another meaning

because saying such big mistakes like that could cost a lot of money
they are not that dumb .. but surely like to look like dumb .. intentional dumb

are they trying to tell us something

but its okay
the news was untrue after all lol
so everyone is safe .. go back to buy stocks at the NYSE !

edit on 10/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Here's the best article I can point you to on the subject..

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I can only comment on the weather channel aspect... one of their studio folks did report that 3ft of water was in the NYSE.. but within a few minutes had a Live report from one of their folks on the scene who said that was false..

I have no clue on how CNN handled it.. I didn't watch that deal..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Ben81

Here's the best article I can point you to on the subject..

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I can only comment on the weather channel aspect... one of their studio folks did report that 3ft of water was in the NYSE.. but within a few minutes had a Live report from one of their folks on the scene who said that was false..

I have no clue on how CNN handled it.. I didn't watch that deal..

You were right mate !
i also have no clue on how CNN did that lol
damn CNN

most trusted name in news they say

yeah right !

Edit : this thread can now go in the hoax bin

btw thanks for the huffington report link

edit on 10/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join