It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you vote for Obama or Romney you're an idiot

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

Although Gary Johnson and Ron Paul have better ideas...voting for them will do nothing. This is because YOUR VOTE means absolutely jack #. All that matters is the electorate vote.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wait, so now voting for third party bad, not voting at all, good?

I'm lost.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I did the early voting thing the other day, since I'll be out of town on election day.

I voted how I believe everyone should vote. Not against someone as being the lesser of two evils. Not for someone just because you think he will win and you want to be on the winning team. I voted for who I really would like to be POTUS. I wrote in Ron Paul.

Seriously folks, doesn't the fact that Roseanne Barr is on the ballot and Ron Paul is not tell you something about what sort of SERIOUS trouble this country is in right now?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Obama for the win!

Please and Thank You

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z
I did the early voting thing the other day, since I'll be out of town on election day.

I voted how I believe everyone should vote. Not against someone as being the lesser of two evils. Not for someone just because you think he will win and you want to be on the winning team. I voted for who I really would like to be POTUS. I wrote in Ron Paul.

Seriously folks, doesn't the fact that Roseanne Barr is on the ballot and Ron Paul is not tell you something about what sort of SERIOUS trouble this country is in right now?

No offense but I find the continous ron paul worshipping a bit annoying at times. Why does it annoy you that roseanne barr is on the ballot and not ron paul? Have you considered that ron paul dropped out and passed the football to gary johnson of the libertarians? Do you know that gary johnson was a republican that switched sides?

I appreciate that ron paul forced some integrity into the republican party and even made it apparent to everyone that the republicans are controlled by special interest groups that will lie and cheat to get their candidate elected, but that is were my sympathy for him stops.

People can vote for any small or big party they want, regardless if the party has ballot access. Isn't this good enough? Again no offense, but I am a left winger and cannot agree with ron paul or any right wing party and their candidates. He is anti-war(excellent) but wants to audit the fed and replace it with competing currencies(bad).

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i look at it as we are all 1 big heard of cows and you can either take corral 1 or corral 2 either way you going to the slaughter house.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This op is the most blazingly blatant attempt at election tampering that I have ever seen!

Don't vote cuz your vote don't mean nuttin and the candidates are all fake and the same anyways and if I don't believe I have any power "than" neither should you.

Bad attitude, Bubba! Just because you are disillusioned doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I WILL NOT STAY HOME! I WILL VOTE AND I WILL CAST A VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE OF MY CHOICE!

Enough shouting.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Have you considered that ron paul dropped out and passed the football to gary johnson of the libertarians?

No, he didn't ! Ron Paul refused to endorse Gary Johnson. Is this the only place you get your news?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Please don't make a post about how people that don't vote are apathetic and then dare to say anything else is an 'assumption'.

Oh and then proceed to say that it is 'pathetic' to think so.

If, tomorrow I decided to refuse to vote to deny consent to an over-extending, tyrannical government, does that mean I'm apathetic?

One day you will learn what true 'substance' is. When that day comes, you will realize how foolish you appear, today.
edit on 5-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Parts of your post had me laughing but honestly it is sad if you believe the garbage you just wrote.

Truth is if you cannot examine the viable candidates the different stances they have on the issues and make a choice that would be laziness or ineptitude to discern the issues. If you are not voting because you claim it would be in support of the status quo it is a mixture of being apathetic and pathetic. The old saying was it doesn’t matter who you vote for they are all the same is being apathetic. Those who have just given up and are not willing to discern the differences and make a choice based on the positions that they see as the best course for the nation are apathetic some would call them lazy but apathetic is the best definition.

If, tomorrow I decided to refuse to vote to deny consent to an over-extending, tyrannical government, does that mean I'm apathetic?

I would call that as someone being idiotic.

Deny consent is the new term or excuse now. That is a pathetic excuse.

Let’s examine facts. Will you accomplish anything by not voting? No you will not. I have asked these questions of many people they have not given logical answers to date if you have good answers I would love to hear them. Please explain how quote UN quote denying consent will affect the government.

I have seen so many elections where people have made their excuses for not voting and how they refuse to be part of the system but it is only in this election where I have heard people try to perpetrate there inaction as denying the government.

You call me foolish.

Just how is voting giving permission and do you think by not voting you are sending a message?
Do you think as you put it denying them consent in anyway affects them?

Many in the government are happy that people do not vote there have been campaigns run that try to discourage people from voting.
As individuals we have very little power or say in the government and most of the power we have is in the form of a vote.
Your avatar is of RP I wonder if he was in the race would you be voting for him. If you answer yes but say you will not vote now that only shows as a crybaby mannerism. I am not going to assume that’s the case with you and hopefully you are not that small of a person that just because you’re candidate was deemed by the rest of the nation to be unfit that you would decide you are just not going to participate. Those people I attribute to the spoiled brat generation where if they even participated in a sport got a trophy where they are all winners even when they lost.

The people who are voting Gary Johnson or any third party are the true activists so stating you are denying the government by inaction should be considered as an insult to those people. I respect those going to the polls waiting in line to vote for Garry Johnson or any third party they are not under the delusion that their guy will win but that there vote is there voice and it is making a statement that they do not approve of the current system. A person who does not vote is not heard and thinking otherwise is a delusion. There were people who didn’t vote because they couldn’t read and it was embarrassing to them but at least those people had a legitimate reason not to vote but can you guess how much those in power took them serious? People who do not vote have no voice and are not heard nor should they be listened to.

There is plenty of substance to this election please don’t be too lazy to look at it and decide that would be foolish.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Voting in the election means you are a rebel against the de jure republic our forefathers founded.

Let me put this in perspective.

Imagine your lawful government is hijacked by the Italian mob by force. They are a de facto institution, they have overthrown your rightful government, but they wear a mask to fool the people.

When you vote, you are voting for a new mob boss, you are voting to keep the de facto mafia in power.

Read the 14th Amendment.

www.notmygovernment.us...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I voted for Obama.

Umad?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The die has been cast, now what else can we do against this monster?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
The die has been cast, now what else can we do against this monster?

If you haven't started prepping, then I suggest you better start ASAP.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Already have, have you?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You have now solidified this argument:

Someone who has done their homework and decided that neither candidates deserve to be president are either apathetic, pathetic, or foolish.

Congratulations, you just advocated a moraless society. Actually, you LAUGH at those with principles and integrity. Very modern day American of you.

Whats most 'foolish' is those that are deluded to think there was any real difference between Romney and Obama.

Back in the Roman days, the bread and circuses were intentionally created for simpletons like yourself.
edit on 7-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

No I laugh at those who do not vote that masquerade their decision as it being from principles and integrity. If they honestly believe that then they are beyond foolish.

If you truly believe there is no difference between Romney and Obama the delusion border lining on willful ignorance lay with yourself.

It would take an ignoramus incompetent to not find the differences and vote on the issues but for some it would be laziness but here lays the most important fact in all that would come of a person’s lack of initiative. If such a person would ignore their duty to help guide the nation to where they believe it should be going to the betterment of the country their opinions and ideas on such things from that day forward until such time that they did do their duty should be ignored because they have done nothing to warrant such respect.

To add

I write this to you unknowing whether you have voted this election cycle or not with hopes that you are simply debating this the in defense of others not yourself.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: refrase

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You people are so funny! Elections and politics! Ha!

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join