It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you vote for Obama or Romney you're an idiot

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Do you SERIOUSLY think that people who don't vote or refuse to support status quo candidates are apathetic?

People that do not vote are apathetic. The other that you wrote is an assumption on your part.

Have you ever heard about what happens when you assume too much?

Yes I do believe that. Why do you think I wrote it? You really should read the other posts I made instead of just quoting one.

Do you not understand those who actually support and parrot party/media rhetoric are likely to be even worse?

Do you not understand people actually support candidates that are not yours are those people stupid in your book? Or are they idiots like the OP said?

Can you name a candidate you have ever completely agreed with in your lifetime? I can’t. I am not looking to date the candidates I am only looking for the best one to run the country.

Sometimes I think people are under the wrong impression of what elections are about. Maybe that is the result the media or even the everyone is a winner ethic that kids have grown up with nowadays. It really dumbfounds me how people think they need to love the president to vote for one.

Its just insane you are posting the very definition of 'apathetic' and dare to link the Romney plan in your signature.

This one really got me laughing. Before judging things off titles try actually reading the substance before jumping to conclusions. The conclusion you came to is not apathetic it’s pathetic next time make sure you know what you are talking about. In other words try reading the thread then come back and comment on it.

Seriously with the assumption you just made I could harp on it all day.

Do you judge books by their covers? If that’s the norm with the I am not voting crowd it’s no wonder they can’t pick a candidate. Without looking at the issues I would think they were the same as well.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firewater

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by CaptAmerika

I swear some people think its a relationship.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and refrase

Well, actually....

Boy meets girl. Boy is very friendly. He intently listens as the girl expresses her likes and dislikes, her needs and concerns. Boy seems to totally understand girl. He says the things that she has longed to hear. He promises her the Moon.

He swears that he is different than all the other boys. Those boys are bad. They only wanted one thing. But he, on the other hand, truly cares about her needs. He will protect her from evil and together overcome all obstacles.

He will remain by her side and united they will walk into the, suddenly, extremely bright future

A commitment is made. The boy and the girl are now living together.

Girl begins noticing a different side of boy. Boy doesn't pay as much attention to her as he used to.
More lies are told.
More promises broken.

Girl comes to the sobering realization that the boy she first met was nothing like the boy she now lives with.
This boy does nothing to help around the house. But she can't get rid of him due to the 4 year lease they cosigned.
This boy spends all of HER hard earned money on coc aine and prostitutes. But, unfortunately, they have a joint bank account.

If ever the girl begins to see through his facade and becomes aggitated, or confrontational, he is always able to smooth talk her back into conformity. And if that doesn't work, he drugs her.

When all is said and done, each time the girl is left a little more screwed up for the next sweet boy that comes along.

I am starting to get a clearer picture of what people think elections are about.

I wonder if a good portion of people that do not vote are also single because it seems from your post you are looking to vote for a faithful love partner and not a president.

Both the R and D are married no wonder it won’t work out. Sorry that line of thinking has my head hurting.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You can cry the republican lie all you want, but I am not sure if you people actually believe it or its just a concerted effort.

The claim is true. It is no "Republican lie". Of course Obama hasn't converted us to communism ... he has Congress standing in is way, not to mention a lot of citizens who would oppose that with predjudice. The fact that we have not yet been converted to communism just doesn't have anything to do with the Obama's communist roots.

Yes, young one, I do hnow what communism is, and how it works and so forth.

The Communist Party in America has endorsed Obama, ditto for Castro, Chavez, and the Chinese.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is amazing to me that people think the party line really makes that much of a difference.What I cannot stand is both parties are bankrupting the U.S.along with the Feds.The left wing media is so bias towards Obama I cannot stand to listen to the nonsense anymore.
If I where to vote I would have wrote in Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.People who actually stand for The Golden Rule.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

No. Pretty sure it was both republicans and democrats who hated minorities. The republicans more!

No, young one, that just isn't true. I moved into the South from Colorado in 1958, and was shocked to see the strong anti-black sentiment held there. Most of the bigots were Democrat. There were few Republicans in my school; and, I became the target of white hate because I was a Republican and a "Nigger Lover". I can assure you that personnal first hand experience was not mistaken.

If you will trouble yourself to read some history, you will find that the KKK was formed by ex-Confederate soldiers who were pushing back on the "Party of Lincoln". They were brutal to Republicans and blacks. The resurgence of the KKK during the 50s - 70s was, once again, mostly Democrats pushing back on social reforms. Those reforms were spearheaded, oddly enough, by JFK who was a Democrat. There was much rejoicing in the South by Democrats when Kennedy was shot.

Senator Robert Byrd, a Democrat, started his own chapter of the KKK. He was a "grand dragon" in that chapter. You only need to check the voting record of Congress to see how the majority of each party voted on civil rights issues. The Democrats strongly opposed civil rights measures. This has been the way in the South since the Civil War.

George Wallace was the governer of Alabama, and a Democrat. I watched him on TV denounce blacks and defy the new desegregation laws. It was in Selma Alabama where the National Guard was sent in to enforce desegregation.

Sunny Purdue was the first Republican governor is the state of Georgia since the Civil War, and his term expired in 2011. Many southern Democrats changed parties as the Democrats began to embrace anti-God stances ... and liberals like to claim that switch was because the Republicans "still opposed blacks".

I was there. I lived in it. I lived in Kentucky, Alabama, and now in Georgia. You are just plain wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

And here is the thing. Only ron paul has been brave enough to talk about the federal reserve, despite the fact his diagnosis and intentions are wrong, but I guess we have to be happy that a republican mouthpiece even mentions the FED! It is like trying to get democrats to talk about ufos every once in a while....a bloody waste of time but hilarious.

Hell's bells! We turn out to be brothers afterall.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
finally people are waking up...what took you all so long?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Seriously, my head hurts from reading so much misinformation.

Isn't it against the T&C of this site to purposefully lie?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The voting process is not rigged. People should vote for whatever they want. Those that tell others not to vote at all, or don't vote for third parties, are trolls of the system. That is all I have to say in this stupid thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The voting process is not rigged. People should vote for whatever they want. Those that tell others not to vote at all, or don't vote for third parties, are trolls of the system. That is all I have to say in this stupid thread.

The voting process isn't rigged? Is that why the media has been telling us that Mitt Romney is the nominee for over a year? Is that why both candidates are backed financially by the same groups? No, it's not rigged! Trolls! People with common sense must be trolls!

Oh ignorance, how blissful you are.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The voting process isn't rigged? Is that why the media has been telling us that Mitt Romney is the nominee for over a year? Is that why both candidates are backed financially by the same groups? No, it's not rigged! Trolls! People with common sense must be trolls!

Oh ignorance, how blissful you are.

Yes the voting process is NOT rigged, at least to the amount everyone suspects. What IS rigged is the election process with the severly compromised polls(600-1,200 sample out of hundreds of millions of registered voters) and the lack of media exposure towards third parties.

We must differentiate between voting and campaigning. People have a choice of picking any party that is on the ballot, including the candidate, and if he/she is not on it then you can always write them in under "other candidate" or "other party".

Telling people to not vote is suggesting that people ignore their first amendment right!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Third party debates have been playing out in the background. You need 5% to get matching funds and 15% on all polls to be included in the main debate. Major corporations sponsor the main debate and the debate commission is a puppet of the democrats and republicans.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

We can all cry as much as we want, but the facts remain the same. The traditionalists are the ones holding us back, and the democrats believe in giving them a fair shot. So every step forward with the democrats means two steps back for the republicans because they hate change.

But change means progress.

yep,

thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I just voted for Romney because #1 it is going against my "blue state's" vote and #2 I had to complete the ballot for my votes to count on the local issues.

Hi I am new here and I like to make a comment on this "issue".

Do you really beleive that?! Even if you dont get up to go any where, they get to count their unexistable votes.
They way they make money out of nothing, they can also, make votes out of nothing... Because nobody is inside really to control that. Only traitors that sale their souls, for some salary and even more.

We the cattle have to get ourselves together to march on the streets,( peacefully) on election days with ours written placards, so they can see, that we don´t beleive any more in what they are telling us. Get Police and army together to join us. We must convience their families to convince them.

So, if any body out there that know, some army or police families, try to open their eyes. We may not stop, to spread what we know. Courage people courage!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It is getting bad when I almost hope the liberals get Obama re-elected and the country gets worse and worse like Europe.That way at least some of the liberals will learn how awful the federal government and how terrible governments get when they get to big.They are the real reason all the debt gets worse and worse.
Romney is not gonna solve or fix this much debt either.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hey, can I butt in here?

"The Economist" has just officially endorsed President Obama for 2012.

I am covering it here in this discusson.

They both might not be great, but Obama's pro/con ratio is enough for those folks across the pond to endorse -- and they don't even like the guy.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

A vote for Johnson or Paul isn't a vote for the two party system! It's the opposite.
Even if they have no chance, it is putting one more vote on dissent from the two party system. It is the only way to have a voice even if it's just giving a non mainstream candidate a few percentage points. If we can get them a little attention and it turns a few more people on that is all way can do.

We need a a main third party with just as much clout as the two party system. Just one more party, splitting the voters into more groups, just that little bit will force some honesty out of the other parties.

Just like this election, you have Obama, and Romney a candidate who said he wouldn't tell his plans at the start. That would never fly if there were TWO OTHER main candidates. He couldn't just fall back on a a huge party anymore and the automatic half of the votes from the GOP. People could and would demand more out of their reps.

Get out and vote third party! DO IT! It's the only way to have a voice.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I agree theyre both fools.But i guess we have to choose one.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

"americans live a total of 1 day every 4 years in a democracy.

and even if you didn't vote, it doesn't matter. because theoretically, if no one in america voted, a candidate can just vote for himself and win.

to top it off, the key's for the white house run thru the republicans and the democrats.

they chose the president, not you.

the best thing you can do is not be sucked into grasp. i think people were freer when there was not television or internet, or ads or the million other things bombarded into your psyche everyday.

people are physically free, but if you're mentally enslaved what's the point."

God D@mb your right. You hit that nail as square as possible. I am a freaking crack head slave to MSNBC and their news is like 99.99999% Politics. I need to get off the drug.

Of course years ago before cable TV politians actually said what their plan was and the media actually had integrity. Can you Imagine the level of flat out bull sh1t lying that would be going on if there wasn't cable TV. There is allready a fair amount now do to the polarizing of the media to either dem or repub. Fox is cleary in love with the Republicans and MSNBC is for the Democrats. CNN is just like most Americans and really is only about being the first to report on something, they really just dont care.
edit on 2-11-2012 by sensible thought because: Gramar

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How anyone can keep voting for the republican and democratic machine that lies constantly to you is beyond comprehension.Both parties are sold out to the media it is a total joke and terrible bias lying going on.Neither party can fix debt that is this out of control.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join