It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frankenstorm HAARP machine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Since I live in Brooklyn as well as a flood zone, I am keeping a close eye on this storm situation.
I see the projected path has this storm taking a sharp left just before NYC.
Is this haarp technology steering the storm away from the city or is this haarp technology trying to get as close as they can to hitting the city?

I guess the overall question would be: is "weather control" technology being used to help or fuel this Frankenstorm?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What an original idea.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
What an original idea.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You aren't allowed sarcasm! Only facts!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Your question is a valid one, despite the snippy attitude from some.

I cannot say for certain if HAARP is the cause of this storm, because these storms are not unheard of for the east coast. The fact that they keep calling it a "hybrid" storm is a might suspicious, but Mother Nature can do a lot of damage on her own without any help from a machine.

The jet stream certainly seems to be helping to steer this storm directly at y'all. In this day and age, it's hard to know for sure if freaky storms are real or if the hand of man is messing with it. There are some sources saying that there is a big ionospheric disturbance above the northeast currently. Again, I don't know enough about it to make an intelligent observation.

In the end, does it matter? You guys are looking at some serious storm surge, flooding, high winds, and loss of utilities (water, power, etc), for an extended period of time. Perhaps, after the storm is over and the damage surveyed, some proof may come out as to HAARP's involvement, if any. But for now, time to finish your preparations and pray that everybody gets through it okay.

Best of luck to you!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The jet stream certainly seems to be helping to steer this storm directly at y'all.
The jet stream is not steering the storm. The high pressure area in the North Atlantic is.

That same high pressure area is also moving the jet stream north to Greenland, this is what is causing the trough (bend) in the jet stream over North America.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And for those of you who prefer to watch videos here you go...

www.wcsh6.com...

Sorry, but no HAARP here only mother nature.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
High pressure 'bubbles' can be created with technology. This happened in the midwest this summer causing our drought. The bubble that sat over illinois lasted for weeks, not common.

Coupled with the release of certain chemicals released from aircraft and the clouds dessipate. I have witnessed and posted pictures of this if any reference is desired.

edit on 28-10-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The negatively tilted jet stream is what will steer the storm right into New York State. That is not me making this up, this is what the weather channel says. You can take it up with them if you disagree.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

From the senior meterologist at the Weather Channel:

a track of the center making a sharp left turn in direction of movement toward New Jersey in a way that is unprecedented in the historical database, as it gets blocked from moving out to sea by a pattern that includes an exceptionally strong ridge of high pressure aloft near Greenland; a "warm-core" tropical cyclone embedded within a larger, nor'easter-like circulation; and eventually tropical moisture and arctic air combining to produce heavy snow in interior high elevations.

www.weather.com...

Sandy is being steered toward the coast by influences to the east. No mention of the jet stream.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well I think you'll have to agree with me now that we have seen the kind of damage a "tropical storm" can do.
Totally man made run #2 in my book.
I guarantee that next year we get another big one right into the New York harbor.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

No.
I don't have to agree with you. Not only can HAARP not affect weather on the eastern seaboard, it cannot affect weather at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's not 100% accurate.
HAARP can indeed be used to super heat the ionosphere and by doing this create pockets of pressure which will "modify" the weather that already exists to a certain extent.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

The ionosphere is pretty hot without help from HAARP but with good conditions HAARP can increase a the temperature of a small area of the ionosphere above the installation by about 10% (a couple of hundred degrees).

As far as "pressure" goes, the ionosphere doesn't really have any. It's the edge of space. Weather occurs 10s of miles below the ionosphere.

edit on 11/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

The sun super heats the ionosphere, HAARP doesn't come close to what the sun can do.

And besides all that, weather isn't influenced by what happens in the ionosphere, that happens in the troposphere.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well, that's not what it said on Ask Jeeves
But thanks I guess...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The part of the atmosphere where HAARP is most active is a dang good approximation for a hard vacuum.

The other thing to consider is that there is no confinement. Thus increasing the temperature of the ionosphere may cause a transitory increase in pressure from a near perfect vacuum to a just good vacuum, but given time what gas there is will just expand upwards. It's not going to exert pressure - there's nothing to hold it in place. If HAARP could heat a huge region a LOT, you might be able to maintain some pressure in the center.

(grin) Don't use Ask Jeeves. Try Ask Geophysical Letters, or Ask Tom Bedlam.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks. Asking Jeeves is almost as useless as asking someone who pops onto every haarp thread right away with "Please Have Any Genuine Evidence" etc.. without providing any data that disproves haarp.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
...without providing any data that disproves haarp.

Not sure how you disprove something. Isn't that the same as proving a negative?

I'd think to prove that HAARP was all the evil they say it is, you'd need to find a mechanism, the energetics, and some instrumentation indicating that something HAARP could emit was being emitted.

The IRI can't put out all the much power. 3.6MW at most, and they can't even do that at the end of the bands, and you can only get that running both polarities at once. For a radio transmitter, it's a hoss, but in terms of heating up huge volumes of matter, not so much.

new topics

top topics

join