It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why seti have'nt detected alien signal is earth qurantined from aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I've always thought SETI was a waste of money because, when you consider the distance between the stars, radio signals are SLOW. If there is an advanced alien race out their travelling the stars they sure wouldn't be using radio signals that we know of. They would need something much faster, something we havn't even invented yet.
edit on 28/10/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Seti do not just monitor radio waves.

www.seti.org...

The bold phrase at the top of the text, under the image of that array of radio telescopic equipment, states that Seti searches for extra terrestrial life, by looking for any sign of its technology, which means there is more to it than simply observing the radio bandwidths that blast around space.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This could be one reason we have never made contact...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Radio waves are a form of light, so the "loudness" of the signal decreases in proportion to the distance. Commercial radio signals would be "inaudible" even from the nearest stars. A civilization that has advanced enough to detect habitable planets in the region, and we are now such a civilization, could initiate a program to contact its neighbors by focusing a very large radio telescope on a particular solar system and sending an extremely powerful signal in the hopes that the intended recipients are equally advanced. SETI is not, therefore, a complete waste of time, but the odds that two civilizations are at the same level of technological development within fifty light years of each other are extremely long.

That sir is very logical indeed.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by karam

That's because there are no aliens, you should pick up a bible, and convert. Now.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

no offence but isnt it stupid to thing v r alone in this big universe,my mom has bible but i am not religious

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The "others" are well aware of your existence but think you are primitive, tribal, violent, racists, talking monkeys and have very little in common with you. And they especially don't like the way you mistreat the animals you share the planet with. That's why they don't talk to you!
edit on 28-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by karam

That's because there are no aliens, you should pick up a bible, and convert. Now.

How can the bible believers not believe in aliens? What was Jesus and the other deities that supposedly reside in the heavens? If they are not aliens, what are they? I respect others beliefs, but interpreting the bible to one's personal preferences is the biggest problem with organized religions in my opinion.

I believe that if governments admitted to alien visitors it would turn the world upside down. There would be a paradigm shift that would disrupt the powers that be.

Why is man so arrogant to believe that advanced civilizations would use our type of communication? Don't you think that they would have a more advanced form of communication? We have not even scratched the surface of technology. How does someone receive quantum communications that travel beyond the speed of light? We can't do that yet. SETI has only covered a small area as the one poster said. Looking for our primitive form of communication is limited to civilizations that use it.

edit on 28-10-2012 by earthalien50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by earthalien50

hey man r u alien?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

i know there r aliens in ordinary population in disguise

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by karam

hey man r u alien?

I don't understand why you would say that. I thought that a reply to my post would have an argument against or for my beliefs. Instead of discussing the content, you seemed to have communicated a personal attack on my credibility. I find no humor in your remarks.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

ur id earthalien!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthalien50

reply to post by karam

How can the bible believers not believe in aliens? What was Jesus and the other deities that supposedly reside in the heavens? If they are not aliens, what are they? I respect others beliefs, but interpreting the bible to one's personal preferences is the biggest problem with organized religions in my opinion.

I believe that if governments admitted to alien visitors it would turn the world upside down. There would be a paradigm shift that would disrupt the powers that be.

Why is man so arrogant to believe that advanced civilizations would use our type of communication? Don't you think that they would have a more advanced form of communication? We have not even scratched the surface of technology. How does someone receive quantum communications that travel beyond the speed of light? We can't do that yet. SETI has only covered a small area as the one poster said. Looking for our primitive form of communication is limited to civilizations that use it.

Don't feed the troll and don't take the bait.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

reply to post by karam

You resort to attacks instead of arguing the subject of SETI and aliens. I guess questioning the bible makes me an alien troll.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Sorry Dude, I fail to see the logic in your argument.

What do you want SETI to do? Throw up their hands and not do anything at all, because all we got is Radio Telescopes? Sit there and wait for whatever future communication systems we can come up with?

Besides that, SETI is looking for more than radio signals, an Alien civilization can also be detected by "signatures of technology" in the atmosphere of their Planet. Maybe the Aliens do the same? Maybe they are 200 light years away and therefore see the Earth as it was 200 years ago with no signs of industrialization in our Atmosphere - therefore they didn't think it to be a good target for communications?

Having said all that, AFAIK we still don't know what the WOW signal was - perhaps this was it and we missed our chance?

Can't wait for the James Webb telescope to be in space, I think from there, it's a whole new ball game.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by karam

I was joking, but not really, there is no evidence of aliens but who am I to say they don't exist. I'm probably a by-product of their expirements, or just a chemical reaction? Meh, dunno, but I was joking about converting, like I give a flying....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

reply to post by karam

You resort to attacks instead of arguing the subject of SETI and aliens. I guess questioning the bible makes me an alien troll.

Relax, I was calling the other guy the troll - I meant that you shouldn't give him the time of day, because that's usually a useless exercise.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by karam

Yep, all odds points to yes.
I think the "signal news" has just been suppressed from the main public.

No... the odds are it will never happen. I think you underestimate the size of the universe.

lol i think you're underestimating so many things,
it's not funny at all, wiggly

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I think that ET would use more advanced communication systems that we can't listen for. What's to say that they don't use pulsed lasers for communication. There are lots of possibilities and I just don't think that RF meets the grade for long range communication.

So one day we discover sub-space communication and we can't be heard over the chatter.

Perhaps they use telepathy.

P

I do agree that we are qurantined. And I might add that we are not allowed to use the max potential of our bodies but I do not belive it will always be like that. Every human is a like a computer that can connect to the internet but most people have no idea and the ones who do have an idea are still not allowed to much information and most times they do not understand the information since they do not know the protocol to decipher the information.

If the aliens are spiritually evolved then they are hooked up in the oneness more or less depending on individual. You do not play around with barbaric natives caught up in duality without a solid plan on how to evolve them if you care about all consequences of your action. And any enlightened species (and humans are not as a whole an enlightened species but we have a great potential to become it) would care about the consequences of their action and if not because of empathy for everybody then because of the cost to themselves when they screw up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join