It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why seti have'nt detected alien signal is earth qurantined from aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

I think you are mostly right with you quarantined idea, because logically, that's what an orderly and advance federation of planets would do. I believe that all civilizations not advanced enough to get out of their solar system are cloaked and have transmissions blocked by other more advanced civilizations which are also cloaked themselves to not get identified.

This would be one of the main reasons we haven't found any other civilization even after looking this long. Also important factors would be that we haven't checked more than 0.00001% of only our galaxy and that everything we see from 1 million light years actually happened close to 1 million years ago.
edit on 28-10-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by nv4711

The entanglement is indefinite across any distance until a measurement is made. As soon as a measurement is made the other entangled particle will automatically aqcuire the same state.

I think you're mistaken here. Once a measurement is made, the entangled particle will acquire the opposite state.

So if I want an up or down answer to a question, say for instance, do I follow protocal 1 or protocol 2. I take an entangled particle at my location and measure it spin. The coresponding particle at "home" would auto matically acquire a known measured spin as well. ( my question about what to do, as the protocall was already alid out for communication)

The home office would then, answer me by, either measuring the velocity or spin of another entangled particle we share. Depending on their response of measuring spin or velocity, I would be able to tell which protocal to follow next. This is real time "mores code" across any distance.

I did not mean, I could simply vibrate out a code of some sort, I meant we can send up or down binary signals by simply either measuring spin or velocity, causing the other entangled particle to automatically acquire the corresponding value.

It does work, it has been observed, and only requires, that a space ship set out with a certain amount of entangled particles, before needing to refill their stock at a future date, for further communications. It isn't sending any information but the spin or velocity, but with a presrranged code for which one happens it is a signal.

Just like smoke signals don't send any information but puffs of smoke, unless a single puff means X and 2 puffs means Y by preestablished protocals.

Well, the problem, as I understand it, is that you have no influence over what state your particle will acquire when you make your measurement. As you know, until you make the measurement, both particles are in an indefinite state. Which state "your" particle will acquire is unknown until you measure it. Therefore, your morse code will not work, because you cannot pre-establish the protocol, you just don't know whether you will get a 1 or a 0.

That entanglement doesn't allow for faster than light comm's is a well accepted and experimentally proven fact of QM. If you think you can prove Science wrong, by all means, go and collect your Nobel prize

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepImpactX

So we get communications from alien civilizations? What then? What are we going to constructively do with that information? My bet is nothing. Nothing at all. I believe that alien races exist, but to believe that we would be able to deal with them on any level at all is delusional at best.

I think it would be the equivalant of if dogs could talk, what would they say to each other? "Hey you guys! We're over here can you hear us? we can hear you! hello! we hear you, can you hear us?"

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by karam

Yep, all odds points to yes.
I think the "signal news" has just been suppressed from the main public.

No... the odds are it will never happen. I think you underestimate the size of the universe.

lol i think you're underestimating so many things,
it's not funny at all, wiggly

No, I'm really not. Take a look at the picture illustrating the extent of our radio waves posted earlier. That's just our galaxy. There are billions of them spread an incomprehensible distance apart. You are underestimating things.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Technology is certainly something one can talk about but maybe it's our spirituality that has prevented us from making contact or communicating with beings from other planets.

As a young child once said: "It's important for people to keep their hearts open for people on other planets."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I believe many intelligent alien species know about us.

Since I believe some people have been abducted I obviously believe it on that basis alone.

But for other alien species... really I think it could be as simple as they know about us, but we are just not interesting enough yet to warrant a visit

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... i posted it earlier in this thread and no one seemed to pick up on it but in this video they say we have already had a strange alien signal come and that some people are scared of replying as we wouldnt know what to say or id we are offending them

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd0Fengland
www.youtube.com... i posted it earlier in this thread and no one seemed to pick up on it but in this video they say we have already had a strange alien signal come and that some people are scared of replying as we wouldnt know what to say or id we are offending them

If true, thats interesting, but it is hard to gauge what the actual facts are from this type of presentation.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

what did the signal said?wow signal???

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by karam
reply to post by jd0Fengland

what did the signal said?wow signal???

I think it said "hydrogen". This could mean anything from "hey you guys!" to "prepare to be assimilated"
Wow

edit on 30-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

Maybe they are getting signals and not telling us.
Either that or it is just a front for NASA to misdirect the ufo interest.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

SerialVelocity hit the nail on the head, but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Originally posted by SerialVelocity
This could be one reason we have never made contact...

I figured that I'd link in the actual picture since I already had it uploaded anyway.
That is as far as our earliest transmission have traveled at the speed of light since we started transmitting radio waves. If a civilization was ten times older, and had been transmitting ten times longer then us, then their circle would still only be ten times the size of our dot on the map.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
SETI has turned up nothing because they are using radio signals to detect them...........if UFOs are here then they are generating massive amounts of energy which would regiter them out of visble light, and certainly no where near radio waves...........which is even below visible light.

Remember, radio waves are a form of electromagnetic radiation that is emitted by chrged particles. UFOs would be charged mass bodies that would emit electromagnetic radiation(light) that would register far deeper into the electromagnetic spectrum, hence UV and Gamma radiation.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightvisionufo
SETI has turned up nothing because they are using radio signals to detect them...........if UFOs are here then they are generating massive amounts of energy which would regiter them out of visble light, and certainly no where near radio waves...........which is even below visible light.

Remember, radio waves are a form of electromagnetic radiation that is emitted by chrged particles. UFOs would be charged mass bodies that would emit electromagnetic radiation(light) that would register far deeper into the electromagnetic spectrum, hence UV and Gamma radiation.

SETI isn't looking for UFOs. They're looking for signs of interstellar communication and using radio telescopes is not as "dumb" as you might think. They're scanning on 1420 MHz, the resonating frequency of hydrogen, the most common element in the Universe. Therefore, they reason, it is logical that Extraterrestrials would use this frequency as the carrier signal for their message, through Amplitude Modulation (AM). This is exactly what the WOW signal was showing. The famous sequence 6EQUJ5 is not a message, it shows the amplitude modulation of the signal on the 1420 MHz band. The E for example means that this part of the signal was 30 times "louder" than what the normal cosmic background noise on 1420 MHz is. So what 6EQUJ5 showed was an amplitude modulated hydrogen signal - therefore it is conceivable that it is an artificial signal.

Besides, Harvard and Princeton are now installing optics to scan for Laser emitted communication, while the MIT is trying to figure out how we could detect artificial Gamma ray pulses, this is however still beyond our technological horizon - imagine that an ET civilization could pack as much as 1×10^18 bits of information into a 2 millisecond gamma ray pulse. That's all the information in libraries and on computers in the world, plus all information of Earth's biosystem, Genes and Memes.

The biggest problem SETI has is lack of funding - not a lack of smart people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join