It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of Lemuria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
There is so much talk about shifts and changes on both physical and mental planes, so I wanted to stir everything up with my own spoon. I want a piece of this action too.

I've always been fascinated in Lemuria. A legendary string of islands in the Pacific. No certain location, but there are two probable sites, just underneath India or then in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Both locations hold the requirements to fulfill the assumption. Theories have always been based on fauna and flora and the relations on neighboring areas.

Somehow I've always considered the mid-Pacific to be a greater, more suitable spot. The location is perfect if you consider the legend. According to it the continent or island group should have vanquished beneath waters after tectonic catastrophes.

The location would be inside the Ring of Fire. The Ring has probably always been a very active ground for both earthquakes and volcano eruptions. Almost right in the middle is the biggest volcano on the planet. What if the whole ring of fire sank down at one point? Plate boundaries on all sides opened up just enough for this tectonic giant to slip under? And now it has been 'caught in the middle' for quite some time giving indications of it existence on daily bases.

What if there is a pressure from both sides pushing it up to level, as it was before? And what if this action was a result of some cosmic relationship/cycle that we haven't (our culture hasn't) had the chance to observe?

So, if there is a time window of major earthquakes happening simultaneously on both sides, and then with a burp from Hawaii following the quakes, I'd fantasize of the rise of ancient Lemuria.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

India is nowhere near the Pacific ocean so how did you come to that conclusion? India sits above the Indian Ocean or there abouts

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Godsname

Sorry for my misleading choice of words. I know the location of India, and the whereabouts of the Pacific Ocean. I was referring to my choice of location, which was in the mid-Pacific. But my bad anyways, shouldn't have spoken about India in the same sentence.

Thanks for noticing!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnWhiteMars

Sorry for my misleading choice of words. I know the location of India, and the whereabouts of the Pacific Ocean. I was referring to my choice of location, which was in the mid-Pacific. But my bad anyways, shouldn't have spoken about India in the same sentence.

Thanks for noticing!

The Mid-Pacific is between Asia/Australia and North/South America and there are heaps of Islands there which could mae your theory plausible. Also add tht apparently the Pacific is lifting at an alarming rate off the Coast of Australia according to some..

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yes, this is where Lemuria is theorized. Interesting facts you've gathered. Did you have a source for them?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hmm, as a matter of fact I wasn't the only one thinking of this Lemuria thing. When the idea came to me I just wrote it off, but there seems to be similar articles around the web. And they all indicate that the Pacific plate would be rising quite a lot at the moment.

I will try to find some hard evidence on this an I'll throw links here when or if I find some...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The idea of Lemuria was to explain the distribution of lemur fossils. After the discovery of plate tectonics the need for a land bridge to explain fossils distributions went away. I believe the land in the Pacific was called Mu. it too was invented to explain language issues. It has less merit than the nonexistent land bridge invented to explain fossil distributions.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How does plate tectonics help to explain the similarity in flora and fauna through the Pacific ridge? I thought the ridge actually sits on the same plate?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This video just popped up on my fb and reminded me of this thread.
It is a very long interview, but she talks about Lemuria and how she found a part of it in her/ Hawaii.
Fantasize no longer.
Bridge to Lemuria - Faith Spina, Kauai Hawaii

Anyone with no interest in the spiritual aspects of Lemuria should probably avoid this interview. If you are really curious though, take a listen.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for the video. Being a mass consumer of any knowledge I will certainly take a look and get back to you!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The Lemuria land bridge does not involve the Pacific plate.

The lost continent of Mu was suggested to have sunk into the Pacific. The basis for Mu is spoken language.

Does this clear up the confusion?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting idea.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Lemuria, the land bridge, was suggested as a place no where near the Pacific. It also was considered to have disappeared ages ago, long before there were people.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Searching through material, I found two possible locations as stated in the first post, the other one being the Pacific ridge.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If you look around you can find all sorts of ridiculous sites misrepresenting Lemuria. There probably are places that repeat the error that Lemuria is in the Pacific.

There are all sorts of wacko sites that claim all sorts of falsehoods.

top topics

join