It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Hour Ban From Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Interesting thread, and it is rather odd.

The only point on the Facebook Community Standards that seems remotely applicable is that against hate speech, and that it's a violation to attack someone based on race (... blah, blah, blah) and sexual orientation.
www.facebook.com...

My main concern would be for the other guy in the photo.
Whether indeed openly gay or not, he may be an individual who values his privacy, and now he's embroiled in a conspiracy that strongly insinuates that he had a sexual relationship with President Obama, and all the homophobia and potentially violent religious extremism that comes with the territory.

I wouldn't sleep a wink if I was in a photo like that, which is particularly framed to cause scandal and incite homophobic feelings against Obama.

If that man is also on Facebook, then one could understand if he complains, or even threatens legal action.

For Obama tons of such material goes with the territory.
He's all safe and snug behind his guards.
But I really do feel compassion for the other man.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Its just fun and games.
I didnt use my real name on the account.
I was VERY surprised that they allowed me to use the name that I use.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not "officially" banned from facebook, but my wife has banned me from using facebook, after posting a picture of her to my daughters request for a cow on farmville.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
More than likely someone saw the picture, didn't like it, and hit the 'report' button on FB. I believe they just ban anyone who is reported for 24 hours. Who knows if they bother to investigate the offense or not. You should be up and running in no time.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Exactly why I'm not on facebook and will never be on facebook...I have heard about more fights and mud slinging on there than in real life. It's silly...in my opinion, of course!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by DEV1L79

1) do you have a bigger picture so that I can actually see what it says?

2) Freedom of speech only applies to government and their ability to limit your speech and expression. A private company can limit speech and expression any way they so choose.

I know that is how the unawake citizens allow them to operate unlawfully under their corporate law, which is illegal and fascist.

But in truth, all institutes and corporations stand under the Common Law, And The Constitution and cannot take away anyones rights.

It is unlawful of any judge to say they can.

And anyone who does this will answer and pay the bill in full upon leaving the testing ground.

Hopefully of course we will end this evil worlds workings, that is what I hope we do.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Alright OP,

just posted this to my FB.. let's see what happens.

I kept the file named 'obama.jpg' aswell.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I'm not "officially" banned from facebook, but my wife has banned me from using facebook, after posting a picture of her to my daughters request for a cow on farmville.

Nice one lol like it....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

What's it called when a fat, ugly girl takes a picture of herself from some special angle that makes her look less ugly?

Facebook

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Modern philosophy:

If I went to the gym but then didn't write a Facebook status about it, did it ever really happen?
edit on 28-10-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Must be a full moon.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
Alright OP,

just posted this to my FB.. let's see what happens.

I kept the file named 'obama.jpg' aswell.

I dont think anything will happen. I made my accounts name "ObamaSucks MonkeyBalls" and have posted the most offensive pictures I could find on the internet and they havent done crap to me.
Kinda disappointed actually.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh.... Umm.. Don't I feel like an idiot. I hadn't blown up the original to see the text someone scrawled across it...I just back tracked the images themselves. So...imagine my surprise to see it seems to be suggesting a pefectly innocent photo taken at a school dinner (by the explanation I found) is somehow suggesting...what? Obama is gay?

Okay.... Attacking Romney as a Mormon is low class and trashy.

Attacking Obama as 'gay' is ALSO low class and trashy.

(At least with Romney, the basis for the point is valid. HE really IS Mormon.
)

Seeing the text on the blow up just changes the whole context...and yeah.. NO WONDER Facebook yanked it. Good for them. Enough of the trash in this campaign against both men. Yikes!

Original Photographs in context and with the others taken

Yeah! Who cares if it's true, of that the caption on the picture only mentions two FACTS and leaves the conclusion to be drawn by the reader! I agree with you totally, that we need MORE censorship online. I mean, these ruthless mud-slingers can't just think they have FREE SPEECH or something stupid like that.

Who even cares that a lot of people today don't see anything negative about homosexuality whatsoever, or, again, that both the images and caption presented were wholly factual. People just shouldn't be able to get away with such trashy tactics as presenting a couple facts and letting the viewer draw their own conclusion.

How dare they?

Viva Censorship!

PS -- I am not a Romney (or Obama) supporter. Sad that I feel the need to put this disclaimer on posts like this, but I know that inevitably any time I say ANYTHING that could be seen as negative against either, I will be accused of being a partisan bigot or some silly thing.

edit on 29-10-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok, I really cant see how the could ban him because of that ONE pic when I have had this page up for two days and ive put stuff on their to be as offensive as possible.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Banned from facebook? Dude, you should be rejoicing, not complaining. Facebook is a pointless distraction, designed to grab your personal infomation and build a character profile of you.

The only reason to have a facebook is if you are self centered to the point of "Ooohhh look at me, look at my life, aren't I so awesome? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical, i'm just interested in giving my opinion, not asking for one. I've just eaten a hotdog, I must update my status!"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join