It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frasier fans, sitcom fans only (no conspiracy here, just laughs)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So, Frasier has been off the air for almost 10 years now. I have also been cancer-free for about that long! I have always believed laughter and love-for-life is the best medicine. This show has always had a special place in my heart with its well-developed characters, captivating stories, and hilariously invented dialogue.

Needless to say, Frasier was (and still is) a very funny show that I believe has held up and aged better than any other sitcom.

I present to you a massive project I have been working on for a VERY long time. It is finally completed today and I would like to share with my friends at ATS the gift of laughter. It is a compilation of the funniest moments (one joke per episode, plus additional running jokes throughout the series.) Be warned now, there are 4 and a half hours of hilarity in this thread spanning 11 years of television! So enjoy!

1st season: www.youtube.com...

2nd season: www.youtube.com...

3rd season: www.youtube.com...

4th season: www.youtube.com...

5th season: www.youtube.com...

6th season: www.youtube.com...

7th season: www.youtube.com...

8th season: www.youtube.com...

9th season: www.youtube.com...

10th season: www.youtube.com...

11th season: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
wow! thanks! i love frasier, you have a most assured flag and star from me, and congrats on being free of that insidious nasty disease

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Frasier is absolutely one of the best written sitcoms in TV history.
Even the weaker seasons are better than the peak seasons of other popular shows.
It alone is almost worth the price of admission to Netflix streaming.

MY wife had a health emergency last year, and was in the hospital, then rehab for about 4 months.
It being our favorite show, I watched at least 3 or 4 episodes per evening, while waiting for her to recover. She also watched it while in rehab on a station that would play a couple of episodes each evening. It helped us get through those tough times. When visiting her we would often speak in Frasierisms, like "off you go!" to the nurses..Or "Shur" when saying yes to something (shur, or sure, was Daphne's only word she could say with an American accent, in one episode, for those who don't know). I think I got through the whole series 2 and a half times, while she was gone.

Having a dog like Moose, who played Eddie, as a main character was brilliant. What a well trained pup.

We still watch at least 5 episodes per week even now. I simply never tire of the show.

BTW, where are all the clips of Maris? I didn't see her in ANY of your vids....

Oh, and by the way, nice job putting all those clips together, I haven't watched them all yet..But you can bet I will.
edit on 26-10-2012 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Indeed! Frasier is one of the few shows that I can watch episodes back-to-back all night. I have watched the entire series at least 4 times at this point. It was also a source of great comfort to me during difficult times as well.

And yes, I still speak in Frasierisms as well haha! Sharp-eyed fans may notice some Frasierisms in my speech and posts on ATS.

The line that sparked my inspiration to compile the entire series was when talking of Blaine Sturnin, Frasier says "Of course he sounds charming! Charm is the viscous grease with which he oils his flim-flam machine!" I don't think I ever got a bigger laugh out of the show than that one.

The project here lists my favorite joke and/or scene for each and every episode! Running jokes such as Maris, Gil, Bulldog etc. are featured at the end of the 24 episodes for the season. Other bonus jokes are included at the end of each of my youtube episodes for when I just couldn't decide on a favorite joke.

Thanks for watching! I hope you and your wife the best.

edit on 26-10-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
God I love Frasier. It will always be in my top 5 tv shows of all time. Been through the series twice and its always making me laugh.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ahh ha! I found the golden egg! Frasier is one of my favorites! (Runs neck to neck with Friends as my all time favorites.)
Yes, like the others here, I can watch this show over and over and never tire of it.
Laughter IS the best medicine.

S&F on this thread, OP.

edit on 11/27/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I get to watch 3 episodes every morning when I get home from work.
Here in the UK.
Frasier is awesome.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Great! It is really one of the few sitcoms I can even bear to watch! But it is the only sitcom that never gets old for me.

This was the only sitcom I could really do this project with. The writing in this show was so clever and sharp..so many lines completely unique that you wouldn't hear anywhere else.

I must've seen the entire series at least 3-4 times before making these compilations...and it all started with watching re-runs

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I watch this show daily, love it
Best scene is when John Glenn made an appearance

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I watch this show daily, love it
Best scene is when John Glenn made an appearance

Yep, that scene was hilarious and was added into my compilation for good reason! It's just priceless when he says, "Oh, I'm gonna need that tape back
" after he realizes they were recording him.

edit on 16-2-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

S&F
Frasier is right there with the Becker sitcom for me, I can never get enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm still amazed Frasier lasted so long. So much of it is kind of "above" the average TV viewer, that I thought for sure its days were numbered when it first aired. I'm glad to be wrong on this one (and still love to hear Daphne talk....) Yum.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As far as my laughs-per-minute meter goes, Frasier was neck-in-neck with the series it generated from - Cheers. However, the genius of Kelsey Grammar was almost always upstaged by David Hyde Pierce who was flawless. Thank you for this OP - I'll watch this later tonight. I just finished introducing my boyfriend to every episode of Newhart, and this will fill the gap perfectly!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm still amazed Frasier lasted so long. So much of it is kind of "above" the average TV viewer, that I thought for sure its days were numbered when it first aired. I'm glad to be wrong on this one (and still love to hear Daphne talk....) Yum.

To an English ear Daphne's accent sounds weird and watered down. I don't suppose they could have had her use a broad Manchester accent though, same as we Brits probably wouldn't understand all the nuances of a deep southern accent.
I was suprised to read somewhere that Frasier's dad was from Manchester too in real life.Love the series,although i never watched it first time around.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They give frasier on T.V every night on the hallmark channel! I watch it sometimes whil I wait for golden girls to come on.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

I love Golden Girls! I don't care what anybody says, Bea Arthur was one of the funniest and best actresses among anyone. She had expert comedic timing that is very rare. Golden Girls and Maude are both very funny shows.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Her accent is fake, she grew up in Sussex. Her TV debut was in The Benny Hill Show lol.

edit on 5/21/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join