It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is You Reaction To This Poster? ["Some People Are Gay. Get Over It!]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Oh I understand there are people like that, I have some in my family. They are all "born again" christians. Their minds are too closed to be changed really. I ignore most of my family, hypocrite christians and racists, I just don't even talk to them unless I have to. I wasted enough time talking to the wall to know they aren't going to change. The good news is it's mostly the older generations that are like that

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

it is an advertising ! so much culturalizations regarding Gay sex and homosexuality seems odd to me, and something beyond just some human rights views. when many societies have population crisis and family crisis, so much attentions to homosexuality even by politicians is strange.
it motivates me for further study. maybe I start a thread someday !

edit on 27-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Apparently some people will never get over it.

That's about all I can gather from this issue.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I find those type of messages provocative, in your "face" type that tell you what to think and what you should do, as in they make the decision for you, but you can't respond to that message. They should be banned all together-any type of these kinds of messagse. And I don't care how you live your life as a gay or a lesbo, you don't pay my bills and I don't pay yours, so could give a rats ass about it. But, I'm also not the type to argue with someone on the streets, if someone goes in my face and is pushy they get a beat down.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I honestly do not know a single person that gives two #s about sexual orientation... That is soooo 2007.

Someone needs to be the center of attention...

Anyways, people are not 'born' gay that's a logical fallacy. I was not 'born' straight, as these are both learned behaviors. It's a matter of choice.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have no problem with homosexuality. My only problem is when gay people promote it as the new 'norm' when in fact it is not. Gayness does not perpetuate the human race.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Imagine the outrage if they substituted the word GAY with some of the words below:

* CHRISTIAN
* ATHEIST
* RACIST
* PEDOPHILE
* RETARDS

Fell free to add a few more.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Imagine the outrage if they substituted the word GAY with some of the words below:

* CHRISTIAN
* ATHEIST
* RACIST
* PEDOPHILE
* RETARDS

Fell free to add a few more.

Both Christians and Atheists have 'in your face' adverts etc ... Racism is a virus/say no to racism/racism makes me sick/Nintendo is the only N-word you need etc ...

The kick-racism-out-of-football had some players boycotting it etc ... The 'God probably doesn't exist' campaign from various Atheist groups didn't go down so well either. Basically persons complain when someone advertises something that disagrees or challenges their opinions. Its been happening since free speech became a 'thing' I guess.

Note: not being sarcastic ... free speech hasn't always been a 'thing' actually even in the US.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Pinke because: note

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
All posters try to tell you what to think.

That is the purpose of posters.

"Lost Puppy" means, if you see this dog you should call this number if you are a decent person!

On and on and on.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Are you saying Christians and Atheists belong in the same group as racists, pedophiles, and retards?

I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Your tripe exposes you as a walking contradiction.

Blah Blah Blah

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
reply to post by mademyself1984

Your tripe exposes you as a walking contradiction.

Blah Blah Blah

It really doesn't....it says the same thing that a homosexual said...the difference being I'm not gay, and I don't care if anyone else is gay. The point is that. I don't give a #. So gays could stop making it seem criminal for me to not give a #. I'm not gay. Quit telling me I'm a homophobe for thinking gay is gross...in my opinion it is. In yours it isn't. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Let me clear up my main point.
When I say entitled to respect I am refering to the respect for my right to exist.
I believe all People owe that respect to all living creatures.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718
How i feel about that poster....i feel that this agenda is being forced down our throats like a guy at a gay bar at 3 in the morning.

You homos are asking for more than equality, youre asking for special privileges.

RESPONSE FROM DENBY -

FAIL

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DENBY

Totally agree. Your response does fail.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Eh, no big thang. I don't have any issue with some people being gay so I would look at that and not give a rats a$$ because I would know that the sign didn't apply to me since I have no issue with people being gay. I'd forget it as soon as I saw it. Now I suppose if I was anti gay then I might be all butt hurt over it, but since I'm not.. meh, who cares.

People get their precious little feelers hurt way too easily in my opinion. It's just someone else's opinion, we are all entitled to them.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
S&F OP for the humorous thread & since you asked, my 1st reaction was what poster? I then realized it was the gay poster & I laughed.

As others suggested, gay or not, I thought that most of society has been pretty much conditioned to be more accepting of others' sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, etc.

I agree that it seems a little redundant, like beating a dead horse, maybe even instigating or dated (although not too dated because my grandpa would’ve said “yeah, I’m happy too dammit--just get over it!”).

On those notes, as another poster alluded, it might be humorous to see a sign on another bus stating something like…

“Some people are bigots. Get over it!” or…“Some people are hetero. Get over it!” or…“Some people are fanatics. Get over it!” or…“Some people are selfish. Get over it!” or…“Some people are drunk. Get over it!” or…“Some people are bored. Get over it!” or…“Some people are liars. Get over it!” or…“Some people are rich. Get over it!” or…“Some people are sweaty. Get over it!”…& for ATS, "Some people are not really people. Get over it!"

I guess whoever deemed it necessary to post that banner thought people needed to be told that it’s ok not to focus undue attention on the differences of others, unless you agree with them?

edit on 27-10-2012 by OlafMiacov because: wasn't quite over it

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Who cares? Get over it! LOL OP, you get offended that easily? Let me tell you something....live as a gay person and see how thick your skin is. It's a hard life being marginalized and being marked for death and beat up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join