It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is You Reaction To This Poster? ["Some People Are Gay. Get Over It!]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I actually saw a bus with this yesterday on a brief visit to London.

I can honestly say it had no effect and caused no discernible opinion either way. No different to an advert for a toilet cleaner. I have no strong opinion on brands of bleach and I have none on this either.

I saw it, read it and moved on with my day without another thought. I'd imagine the vast majority of brits in my age bracket would be the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"Some people are gay. Get over it!".

I think it is perfect. It's basically saying that people are free to live their lives and why should YOU have the right to try to force someone to do something different when they are not hurting anyone just because YOU don't like REALITY?

So many people on this planet is disgusting, trying to control.

If you are a homophobe that is fine. Yes, I just said that homophobia is FINE. You have freedom of speech AND freedom of opinion, but what is NOT ok, is trying to force someone to be different - trying to force them to do something against their will...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We have perhaps you might call them "community service messages". Everywhere you drive. LIKE EVERYWHERE, there's this mobile signs and also electronic signs. All of them saying anything from "don't speed" to "lock your house and car" to "please report suspicious cars" to "Tax deadline is..." to "have you got your flu shot" and on and on and on. This is fairly new thing. Like only perhaps 5 yrs old tops. I'd love to go to one of those late at night and I'll rewrite it.... I'll say "Be a good little slave obey big brother!" LOL I should do that!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its like water is wet or fire is hot... WTF cares? This is an argument without an argument.

Seems to me more like a pretext for action to me..

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My comment is, america has allowed this to be ok in society in general... that will be our downfall... This should have never been allowed to happen! Being GAY is NOT ok! Its morally wrong and should be punishable

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
And some people will never accept you for it, YOU get over it.

Hey, how about this?

If other people didn't oppress them,

or force their own preferred lifestyle on them,

they MIGHT be able to GET OVER IT.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
My comment is, america has allowed this to be ok in society in general... that will be our downfall... This should have never been allowed to happen! Being GAY is NOT ok! Its morally wrong and should be punishable

Being GAY is NOT ok...with you.

Years ago prejudiced narrow minded bigots said the same thing about slavery, women voting and interfaith marriage.

This degree of ignorance is what should be punishable.

edit on 26-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

simple, its a poster get over it

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Some people support Abortion, get over it!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I say it is brilliant.

If it makes you angry or thinking someone is pushing their agenda on you, just use your imagination that it says something else.

Everyone has an imagination, utilize it.

I don't get why people get all worked up about something that makes them angry anyways. I know feeling anger does nothing but dampen your mood. So why let it?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Years ago prejudiced narrow minded bigots said the same thing about slavery, women voting and interfaith marriage.

This is your opinion... we all have one.... IF we are considered "one nation under GOD" than this should NOT be acceptable.... EVER! Do u GET IT? Its wrong in every sense of human nature! Why are u sooo fooled?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have a problem with the gay part of the sign,
My grandmother was Gay, she came from the Gay Twenties.
If the sign read,
Some People are Queer Get Over It!
I could accept it.

To me gay means happy,
and who ever placed that sign, does not sound happy.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

This is your opinion... we all have one.... IF we are considered "one nation under GOD" than this should NOT be acceptable.... EVER! Do u GET IT? Its wrong in every sense of human nature! Why are u sooo fooled?

I am fooled?

I'm not the one believing in a fantasy story passed down by Emperors who used it to control the population.

You put an awful lot of faith into a book that was plagiarized from Sumerian texts written years earlier and maintained today by proven pedophiles and the organization that protects them.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I don't see that it is much different than this...

Here's another one. This one isn't even true because believe it or not - it is typically WHITE women who abort their babies. Black women have them because in the short term it is cheaper. They can't afford an abortion. The cost to society is another matter altogether. This is why you cannot find a white baby to adopt but there are agencies, foundling homes and nurseries overflowing with black, minority and ethnic babies.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Most the world doesn't give a flying rats ass about them being gay and the ones who DO care aren't going to be persuaded by a poster, the gay community just need to get over themselves They aren't being hunted and persecuted in a the streets they just aren't ready to give up the spotlight to the next special interest group. "I'm a homosexual, a small percentage of the population doesn't like me I need to carry on about it and try garner as much attention as possible". I'm just sick and tired of hearing of everyone's plight.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It would be different if homosexuals had the same fiscal and emotional rights as heterosexual couples, but alas the propogators of truth have laid down the impregnable laws of man. It is abominable to allow homosexuals the same "god-given" privilages as our murderers, coveters, adulterers, idolitors, etc. How we see comfort in our hypocritical views is beyond me

Its time to discover the truth about your Ego

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I dont care. Get over it.

Go be gay- Its not interferring with what I do so why should I care?

just calm down.

I dont like the 24/7 in your face gay parade. Nobody is stopping anyone from being gay. People are being gay right now at this very moment. There is no "kill the gay" campaign going on, they are citizens just like the rest of us. Some may find it sick- but thats besides the point. Straight people can be sick too. Some people say its unethical-but not everyone lives by ethics. I dont believe its natural-but I believe they think it is. In the end it doesnt matter what I think-cause I dont have to worry about these issues-doesnt effect me. I know people are gay, I cant change it so why try?

Its really all about the money. End of storyIMO. Benefits.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by newcovenant

Most the world doesn't give a flying rats ass about them being gay and the ones who DO care aren't going to be persuaded by a poster, the gay community just need to get over themselves They aren't being hunted and persecuted in a the streets they just aren't ready to give up the spotlight to the next special interest group. "I'm a homosexual, a small percentage of the population doesn't like me I need to carry on about it and try garner as much attention as possible". I'm just sick and tired of hearing of everyone's plight.

Oh but they are. You ever hear of bullies. Gay people are killed or kill themselves on a daily basis because of the prejudice and homophobia you say is imaginary or not important to eradicate. Sorry you are tired of hearing other peoples plight. I think "other peoples plight" is what we are discussing here. I don't really think it is about the signage since I have shown many examples of controversial signage.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Wellllllllllllllllll . . . a comparable thing is also true.

SOME PEOPLE ARE UTTERLY CONVINCED THAT EXALTING HOMOSEXUALITY TO A SIGNIFICANT AND APPROVED TO LAUDED PLACE IN SOCIETY IS DESTRUCTIVE TO SOCIETY AND FAMILIES

GET OVER IT.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here we go again with another Wonderer2012 thread to spin and confuse most ATS posters. Careful guys, this one is very good at baiting, and using you for his own sick agenda on ATS.

Let us consider who this poster is.. Before we are baited, and used for this persons agenda.

My reaction is this.
Wonderer2012 HAS an agenda on ATS. Which is clear.
And this thread will bring out all the usual posters who have made their stance clear.

Okay so a bus has a banner on it. Get over it dude..

Seems you are so worried about all this gay stuff. When you coming out of the closet??
And.
When are you going to stop Dumbing down this once great web forum with your dribble?
And.
Question for me.. When am I going to learn just to ignore you? Oh that is right, I no longer have that option on here anymore like the good old days. Guess I will just have to make an effort to see your name under the thread, and stay out of them. Yeah that works.. Peace.
edit on 26-10-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.3

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join