It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You want to read something spooky? Please take with a grain of salt.. as I have heard the name of the author, but can't remember how credible he is..

Here's a snippet from this piece, which surfaced during my search for news on the FNC report..

The hidden real truth about Benghazi

Based on information provided by my source and corroborated elsewhere, the official account by administration officials is a mosaic of lies that were necessary to cover the unpalatable truth of covert actions taking place in Libya, Syria, Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon. The primary objective of our covert actions was to secretly arm anti-Assad “rebels” in Syria by funneling arms from Libya to Syria via Turkey, with other destinations that included Jordan and Lebanon. Regarding the threat to Stevens and the other murdered Americans, the truth will reformat the persistent question posed to government officials, from UN Ambassador Susan Rice to White House Spokesman Jay Carney and others from “how could you not have known” to “how could you have done these things?”

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Sissel

Thanks, but for those who are truly interested in this, it would be great if everyone scoured for all the facts

Don't be bashful.
Post these facts that everyone else is missing.

Okay, that was not needed. Did I say there were missing facts? I think it is okay to question a news source that everyone else is claiming to be correct though

If you like spoon feeding, run with it!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
All I have to say about this whole thing........the blame game is WHY, if there even was a hint of needed security that was ignored.......WHY weren't these people just evacuated?

There shouldn't even be a question as to the risks involved when the safest way to go about it was to evacuate.

I know that seems plain and simple, but it is what it is.
You are behind in this.
It isn't only about lack of security now. It is about having assets on the ground reporting about the terrorist attack, asking to be allowed to go help, asking for backup (that was available).....

And being denied all of that!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
All I have to say about this whole thing........the blame game is WHY, if there even was a hint of needed security that was ignored.......WHY weren't these people just evacuated?

There shouldn't even be a question as to the risks involved when the safest way to go about it was to evacuate.

I know that seems plain and simple, but it is what it is.
You are behind in this.
It isn't only about lack of security now. It is about having assets on the ground reporting about the terrorist attack, asking to be allowed to go help, asking for backup (that was available).....

And being denied all of that!

How am I behind? re you saying the people who asked for help and didn't get it were behind, causing their own deaths?

I hate to break it to ya, but the people who were killed could have left on their own , too, when they didn't get the help that was needed.

Hence, hate to say it, but they are partially to blame for their own demise.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by JacKatMtn

What I found interesting is the fact they supposedly had a drone following the events in real time, but they insist they couldn't help them, I don't buy it.

It is worse than that. There were AC130 Spectre gunships available nearby, personnel at the consulate were illuminating enemy targets with lasers to facilitate an accurate strike by the gunship...... And help was refused.

And there is the father

Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?

“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods, “he kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type, ‘I’m sorry.’”

Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”

I watched that ceremony I remember how shocked I was by Obama's demeanor and his photo op,

there is another theory,was it ideology?
spectator.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yea, I read about that.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

None the less, that is who the article is suggesting is their source.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I hate to break it to ya, but the people who were killed could have left on their own , too, when they didn't get the help that was needed.

You surely can't be serious.

I think it is deflection on your part. The problem may have been security before the attack, but what we are seeing now is an administration that left people to die after they knew the attack was happening.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

You surely can't be serious.

I think it is deflection on your part. The problem may have been security before the attack, but what we are seeing now is an administration that left people to die after they knew the attack was happening.

I am serious. If you knew you had a threat of being killed where you lived and worked, wouldn't common sense tell you to leave if you could not get help?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

You must not work for the US government.

The Foreign Service isn't like being a stock boy at the local grocery store.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

You must not work for the US government.

The Foreign Service isn't like being a stock boy at the local grocery store.
..Why would I work for the US government? Do you?

Clearly even people who work for the government have an option to keep themselves free from harm. I would think they could have better judgement on the value of their own lives, versus that as a stock boy at a local grocery store.

Clearly, the stock boy must be far more intelligent.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As much as I bash the CIA and wish it had not been illegally created during peacetime with the Air Force in 1947,
I feel very sorry for the people who died in there and didn't receive help from the powerful USA...

How could this happen? What on earth has Hillary to say for herself? Talk about sacrificing people for piles of crap!!!

you guys who know Frank Herbert, remember Hellstrom's Hive? CIA cuts off a bunch of agents and just keeps sending more to their deaths...because they think they can steal the schematics for a doomsday weapon; except these buffoons thought it was only a metallurgical breakthrough whereas the particle pump in the book was able to destroy part of Japan from an underground hive in inland Oregon!

Are human assets worth less to the CIA than oil assets? What about free energy, and the millions of dollars of training they lost when these agents perished?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Newsday 2012-08-28: (AP) -- A forklift operator was killed when the machine overturned and landed on him as he worked behind a department store in northern New Jersey.

Even stock boys...just saying...life is risky, but we expect those who hire us to support us when situations fall apart. Department stores have Workers Comp Insurance, and our government can send a missile in when a laser is on a target firing mortar at our compound. Just as I would insist the department store do right by their employees, I also expect our government to do right by ours.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Yup.
You have a very firm grasp on how things really are out there.

And no I currently do not work for the government, but I have in the past.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First blog report by an MSM outlet, nothing new from them, hopefully someone there is seeking answers, however, it's good to see at least one of them, Jake Tapper, is posting the information.

Father of Slain Former SEAL, New Report, Raise Questions About Response to Attack

...On Friday, Fox News Channel’s Jennifer Griffin reported that sources on the ground in Benghazi told her “that three urgent requests from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack nearly seven hours later were denied by officials in the CIA chain of command — who also told the CIA operators to ‘stand down’ rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.”...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Yup.
You have a very firm grasp on how things really are out there.

And no I currently do not work for the government, but I have in the past.

And you have a better grasp?

LOL, we are all victims of huge cover ups..........so you are no better qualified than I am.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

What I found interesting is the fact they supposedly had a drone following the events in real time, but they insist they couldn't help them, I don't buy it.

According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Wow!! Just wow!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I know that members of the Foreign Service are aware that their lives may be endangered in the course of their work. They also have an expectation that the US government will not sit idly by while they are screaming for help.

So, in light of your post, should everyone have just ignored the Watergate cover-up and let Nixon finish his second term? You know, since cover-ups happen.... what was the big deal?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It is good to see someone else posting the information.

I have to say that when I read the report this morning about Biden's comment to the father of Tyrone Woods, I really wondered if that had happened. If Biden really said that, because why would he?

However if this latest report is true (they asked for backup then went themselves), it would make sense Biden said what is claimed. (And that would mean he knew exactly what had happened that night.)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

I know that members of the Foreign Service are aware that their lives may be endangered in the course of their work. They also have an expectation that the US government will not sit idly by while they are screaming for help.

Will not sit idly by, or will? So, They still have a choice right then, in regard to their own lives?

So, in light of your post, should everyone have just ignored the Watergate cover-up and let Nixon finish his second term? You know, since cover-ups happen.... what was the big deal?

I don't think that anything should be covered up. I do believe though, that people have to take personal responsibilities for their own lives.

This should not have happened, at all. There should be no cover ups. This should not be swept under the rug. But since it did, the government should not be taking the whole responsibility.

We all, even IF government employees are still ultimately responsible for our own actions, thoughts, and behaviors aren't we?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join