CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 4
116
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You know this whole argument really pisses me off.........especially from people on this site, who scream volumes about government control in their lives..........the government telling people what to do , etc.....

Blatantly, these people who were killed were left on their own, to make choices. What do they do instead of leaving, they hire their own local security.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't as far as the government is concerned.

Being an employee or not. We are all disposable crap, so lesson learned.




posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


So if an armed person abducts you, rapes and murders you while the cops watch, it is ultimately your own fault? I understand the idea of personal responsibilty.

I think the President bears some responsibility for the Benghazi affair.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords
 


Obama is everything I thought he was and more, he is a threat to America, our biggest threat, and the congress remains silent, have you noticed how silent they all are?

WE need a timeline,



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Sissel
 


So if an armed person abducts you, rapes and murders you while the cops watch, it is ultimately your own fault? I understand the idea of personal responsibilty.


I never said that. If I put myself into situations where that might happen, then you could say so. I don't. If I did, then I would be partially responsible for it to some extent, yes.


I think the President bears some responsibility for the Benghazi affair.


I think those that were informed not expressing the concern about it are more to blame. Do you think he sat at his desk and read e-mails about it? To think a message of any concern there went directly to him is absurd. I think those that did not express the needed to concern to him while he is on the campaign trail are to blame. I agree that any staff that didn't make this a red flag should be scrutinized, but him personally? LOL......can the guy even poop in private?



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh and another thing where are our Military leaders?

What the heck is going on?



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


According to the latest reports, the President was in a meeting with the Secretary of Defense one hour and twenty minutes after the attack. The coded flash messages were sent out at the very beginning of the attack. One would have to be a fool to believe that the President was not aware of what was happening while he was in that meeting. Real time video was available of the attack while he was in the meeting.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


Obama was in the White House meeting with Panetta at 5:00 PM

aconservativeteacher.blogspot.com...

"According to the President's schedule, on that day he was going to be departing from Bethesda, Maryland at 4:40 PM en route the White House, arrive back to the White House at 4:50, and at 5:00 he would meet (along with Joe Biden) with the Secretary of Defense Panetta. At 7:51 pm we get a report that our compound in Libya has been attacked, at 10:10 pm we get an unnamed administration official saying that Egypt embassy statements don't reflect White House views, 10:38 pm the Secretary of State issued a statement, at 12:09 am Obama spokesman tweets that the White House is shocked by Romney's earlier tweets, at 7:21 am on September 12 Obama issued a statement. (source on statements)"



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2gd2btru
reply to post by Sissel
 


Obama was in the White House meeting with Panetta at 5:00 PM

aconservativeteacher.blogspot.com...

"According to the President's schedule, on that day he was going to be departing from Bethesda, Maryland at 4:40 PM en route the White House, arrive back to the White House at 4:50, and at 5:00 he would meet (along with Joe Biden) with the Secretary of Defense Panetta. At 7:51 pm we get a report that our compound in Libya has been attacked, at 10:10 pm we get an unnamed administration official saying that Egypt embassy statements don't reflect White House views, 10:38 pm the Secretary of State issued a statement, at 12:09 am Obama spokesman tweets that the White House is shocked by Romney's earlier tweets, at 7:21 am on September 12 Obama issued a statement. (source on statements)"

While I appreciate the post you provided, this was going on for a while, and he wasn't informed until that day, even though the situation had been going on for a while..............



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Sissel
 


According to the latest reports, the President was in a meeting with the Secretary of Defense one hour and twenty minutes after the attack. The coded flash messages were sent out at the very beginning of the attack. One would have to be a fool to believe that the President was not aware of what was happening while he was in that meeting. Real time video was available of the attack while he was in the meeting.


Yes, and once again, he was informed the day of the attack.........who let the ball drop? Those people should have determined their own fate long before this happened.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Sissel
 


According to the latest reports, the President was in a meeting with the Secretary of Defense one hour and twenty minutes after the attack. The coded flash messages were sent out at the very beginning of the attack. One would have to be a fool to believe that the President was not aware of what was happening while he was in that meeting. Real time video was available of the attack while he was in the meeting.


Yes, and once again, he was informed the day of the attack.........who let the ball drop? Those people should have determined their own fate long before this happened.
Again, it appears that you are deflecting. The security issue before the attack is a problem, but what we are faced with now is information that points to a President that was aware of a terrorist attack while it was happening, and took no action at all.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Again, it appears that you are deflecting. The security issue before the attack is a problem, but what we are faced with now is information that points to a President that was aware of a terrorist attack while it was happening, and took no action at all.


Okay, what was he suppose to do at that exact moment? Yes, he has some explaining to do.

And why would you think he wasn't informed before that? As I see it, that is the topic of this thread.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


It is possible that he wasn't informed of the security issues before the attack. When the embassy flash messages went out at the beginning of the attack and then confirmed within minutes, he was most certainly made aware. The result was that the people under fire were refused help. The CIA employees that requested permission to assist the personnel at the consulate were denied that permission repeatedly. Four of those employees disobeyed those orders and went to the consulate to assist. Several were killed in their heroic attempt, but consulate employees were saved and rescued through their efforts.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Chris Stevens' Last Words
www.rightsidenews.com...


Intelligence chief James Clapper, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and David Petraeus all know what really happened in Benghazi, Lopez opined.

“This has to be brought out. This has to be made known to the public. That this is going on and that our administration was not only working with the bad guys, was working with al-Qaeda linked militias and jihadis to overthrow [President Bashar Hafez] Assad in Syria, but that they let our mission go down. They let our ambassador and others die. In real time, watching it happen, and they didn’t do anything about it,” Lopez said.

The Benghazi post-mortem cover-up appears to have been orchestrated by Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, investigative journalist Ed Klein told Andrew Wilkow on TheBlaze TV on Wednesday.

“In addition to Valerie Jarrett, the CIA got cables, the Department of Defense got cables, the NSA got cables during the attack on Benghazi, in addition to the emails that have since been made public. We know that there are cables that we haven’t seen yet confirming the State Department cable that this was an al-Qaeda linked attack.”



Strangely, or perhaps not so strangely in the Age of Obama, America’s mainstream media has shown little interest in the atrocities in Libya as it focuses on silly distractions like what Mitt Romney really, secretly, truly, in his little capitalist heart made of coal, may have meant when he used the incomplete phrase “binders full of women” in the heat of an intense presidential debate.

Not much media attention has focused on the fact that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s handpicked chairman of the Department of State’s investigation of the Benghazi atrocities is an apologist for Islamic terrorism who has a cozy relationship with the Islamic Republic of Iran, the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism.

As Frontpage Magazine was first to report this week, the chairman, former Ambassador Thomas R. Pickering, participated in a panel discussion Tuesday night in Washington, D.C. on “what role the faith community can play in fighting Islamophobia,” a make-believe mental illness. The term is used the same way American leftists use the word “racist” to shut down debate.


As I have said before our media, military, intelligences agencies, and law makers have been infiltrated by the enemy.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by JacKatMtn
 


What I found interesting is the fact they supposedly had a drone following the events in real time, but they insist they couldn't help them, I don't buy it.

It is worse than that. There were AC130 Spectre gunships available nearby, personnel at the consulate were illuminating enemy targets with lasers to facilitate an accurate ere were NO real targets to go after.strike by the gunship...... And help was refused.


And see LIAR Panetta here He claims there were NO real targets to go after AND that there was NO INTEL - Drones aren't Intel? Special Ops asking for help aren't Intel? Real time video isn't Intel? 20-30 al Qaeda well armed terrorists aren't real targets? LIAR!

Panetta on Benghazi attack: 'Could not put forces at risk'



By Chris Lawrence

The U.S. military did not get involved during the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, last month because officials did not have enough information about what was going on before the attack was over, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said Thursday.

At a Pentagon news briefing, Panetta said there was no "real-time information" to be able to act on, even though the U.S. military was prepared to do so.

"You don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on," Panetta said. "(We) felt we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

A defense official provided more context on Panetta's comments about the decision-making involved in not sending U.S. troops to the consulate being attacked in Benghazi.

He said there was a drone aloft but not directly over the area at the time the attack began.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Sissel
 


According to the latest reports, the President was in a meeting with the Secretary of Defense one hour and twenty minutes after the attack. The coded flash messages were sent out at the very beginning of the attack. One would have to be a fool to believe that the President was not aware of what was happening while he was in that meeting. Real time video was available of the attack while he was in the meeting.


Yes, and once again, he was informed the day of the attack.........who let the ball drop? Those people should have determined their own fate long before this happened.
Again, it appears that you are deflecting. The security issue before the attack is a problem, but what we are faced with now is information that points to a President that was aware of a terrorist attack while it was happening, and took no action at all.


Ya know, and after reading your replies, I do honestly think you believe I am just trying to be filppant with you. I am not........you mentioned Watergate.......so, now you know, how has the government improved since then? People should be outraged at this entire situation. People should have been continually outraged since Watergate, and made provisions to see that something like this never happened again.

Go ahead........scream and yell and try to prove a point here, because it is well taken. We, as the American Public are to blame since Watergate and well before.

How have things changed, and do you really think this whole situation will change anything future wise?

It will be a blip on the radar, come next year, guaranteed. So quit getting your panties in a bunch.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


I don't necessarily agree with the total timeline reported by the Conservative Teacher, as the emails clarify the times.

He was informed. According to the emails it was unfolding in the White House situation room, nss.eop.gov (National Security STAT. Executive Office of the President), We now know via the emails that the initial message sent out reporting the attack at 4:05 pm eastern daylight time from the Department of State. It originated either with the State Ops Center or the Diplomatic Security Watch. And who received the message? “@NSS.EOP.GOV” means National Security Statt.Executive Office of the President. That’s the White House, probably the chief of the watch in the Situation Room.

This happened an hour before Obama had his meeting with Panetta, and you are saying no one thought he should check it out or know? I doubt those emails were ignored. If they ignored needs to be fired for dereliction of duty.

Let me help you with some of the terms. “SES_DUTYDEPUTIES” and S_SPECIAL ASSISTANTS refer to senior State Department personnel. SES is the acronym for Senior Executive Service. These are the equivalent of General Officers in the military services. “S” is the abbreviation for the SECRETARY of STATE. In other words, Hillary and her assistants were notified. The Bureau of Counter Terrorism was notified. The White House, the FBI and the Pentagon were all notified that an Al Qaeda group, Ansar al Sharia claimed credit for the attack.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Obama’s Benghazi Investigator: An Iran Sympathizer
frontpagemag.com...


The administration has been sucking up to the Organization of the Islamic Conference, a 57-state (56 sovereign states and the Palestinian Authority) group that considers itself the Caliphate reborn.


HUH> 57?
Weird


Pickering is a member of the advisory board of NIAC. He was Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs from May 1997 through the end of 2000, according to a 2009 report titled “Rise of the Iran Lobby,” by Clare M. Lopez of the Center for Security Policy. He’s also vice chairman of international consultancy, Hills & Co., and co-chairman of the board of directors of the International Crisis Group (whose executive committee includes George Soros).

“Ambassador Pickering’s positions on Iran include calls for bilateral talks without preconditions and a plan for a multinational uranium enrichment consortium in Iran,” Lopez writes. “Iran has proposed a similar plan to the UN Security Council. Ambassador Pickering advocates a process leading to mutual diplomatic relations between Iran and the United States.”

“U.S. national security policy is being successfully targeted by Jihadist entities hostile to American interests,” she writes. One of these groups, NIAC, is involved in “a de facto partnership” with its better known but more notorious jihadist ally “the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and other organizations serving as mouthpieces for the mullahs’ party line.”

This network “includes well-known American diplomats, congressional representatives, figures from academia and the think tank world.” NIAC and its predecessor group, the American-Iranian Council, have long “functioned openly as apologists for the Iranian regime.”

CAIR is an affiliate of the Muslim Brotherhood and was named by the Department of Justice as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 2007 and 2008 Holy Land Foundation trials



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777


“This has to be brought out. This has to be made known to the public. That this is going on and that our administration was not only working with the bad guys, was working with al-Qaeda linked militias and jihadis to overthrow [President Bashar Hafez] Assad in Syria, but that they let our mission go down. They let our ambassador and others die. In real time, watching it happen, and they didn’t do anything about it,” Lopez said.



Score another one for Glenn Beck then. He was theorising something similar when it happened.
edit on 26-10-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777


HUH> 57?
Weird


Yea - that's the source of Barack Hussein Obama's "slip of the tongue" stupid remark when he said that he had traveled to all 57 states in the United States..................He had the idea of 57 Islamic states in his secretly Muslim mind.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2gd2btru
reply to post by Sissel
 


I don't necessarily agree with the total timeline reported by the Conservative Teacher, as the emails clarify the times.

He was informed. According to the emails it was unfolding in the White House situation room, nss.eop.gov (National Security STAT. Executive Office of the President), We now know via the emails that the initial message sent out reporting the attack at 4:05 pm eastern daylight time from the Department of State. It originated either with the State Ops Center or the Diplomatic Security Watch. And who received the message? “@NSS.EOP.GOV” means National Security Statt.Executive Office of the President. That’s the White House, probably the chief of the watch in the Situation Room.

This happened an hour before Obama had his meeting with Panetta, and you are saying no one thought he should check it out or know? I doubt those emails were ignored. If they ignored needs to be fired for dereliction of duty.

Let me help you with some of the terms. “SES_DUTYDEPUTIES” and S_SPECIAL ASSISTANTS refer to senior State Department personnel. SES is the acronym for Senior Executive Service. These are the equivalent of General Officers in the military services. “S” is the abbreviation for the SECRETARY of STATE. In other words, Hillary and her assistants were notified. The Bureau of Counter Terrorism was notified. The White House, the FBI and the Pentagon were all notified that an Al Qaeda group, Ansar al Sharia claimed credit for the attack.


Thanks my whole point. They were notified well in advance, and the people there even had to hire their own local security team.

Those people there who were killed, knew about it too, to the point they had to hire local security.

They are partially to blame for their own demise, and yes, something should have been done much sooner.





top topics
 
116
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join