It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is just breaking, more details on the Benghazi attack timeline, if true only furthers my outrage over the handling of security in Libya, that in my opinion created the opening and opportunity for terrorists to attack and eventually kill 4 US citizens.

www.foxnews.com

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that three urgent requests from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack nearly seven hours later were denied by officials in the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were part of a small team who were at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When they heard the shots fired, they radioed to inform their higher-ups to tell them what they were hearing. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. An hour later, they called again to headquarters and were again told to "stand down."

edit on Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:00:12 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: fix link

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

The CIA actually had a ligit reason for doing something and could not get involved!

Perhaps the world is waking up to the other things they are involved in, and chose not to let them get involved, for obvious reasons?

Poor mistake here? Or just people being sick and tired of the crap the CIA does?

It sure shows a lack of being able to trust them to me.........

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This goes WAY beyond dereliction of duty; this was murder on the part of US officials under the direction of the POSUS (that is NOT a typo, figure it out). I am praying that Barack Hussein Obama pays a heavy price for this.
edit on 10/26/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thanks for posting and I agree with you. If this holds to be true it is enraging.

The 2 guys calling for help ended up getting killed because they just didn't want to stand down and let the ambassador and staff die.

A friend and I were talking about this this other day and she thinks the government wanted Stevens dead. Which if he was involved with running guns to militants, that very well could be the case. And it could explain why the CIA operators were told to stand down. Just this administration covering up another Iran–Contra.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

IMO, the mistakes were made when the State Dept, sacrificed security for diplomacy, agreeing with the Libyan to use a smaller non US security firm, and allowing some Libyan militia to be their backup.

Serious concerns were raised, and requests to increase the security efforts occurred, last one being the day of the attack.

If this latest timeline report is true, it shows that this administration has no problem risking the lives of those representing the nation in their own efforts..

CIA reported mission there was to try and track down some shoulder fired anti aircraft systems, which IIRC, were allowed to enter the country in support of the US NATO effort to topple Khaddafi..

This onion, as it's layers are peeled, is rotten to the core.

Where's the MSM on this?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's shameful to know that the President shows no shame in the way he behaved after the attack and now after the facts come rolling out...showing how his leadership has failed us all....especially those that gave their life to our country and suffered the consequences of failed policies and human error. Sad to see our President doing soft interviews....going to Vegas and Partying like a rock star...absolutely unbelievable that their isn't more outrage over this kind of behavior from our so called Commander in Chief.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hmm... I missed this thread first, BTW. I am stunned. No one in their wildest dreams could mistake me for an Obama supporter.....but... Guys... I think this demands the highest burden of proof and demands to start getting to it need to start immediately.

What this suggests... as others note, goes FAR FAR beyond political scandal. If it's all B.S., that too needs to be established. Something like this COULD turn an election by the hair of a difference it takes......and may or may not be accurate.

I have a hard time believing it. I really do. Even with this President and all other things considered. This isn't negligence. It's bordering on outright Assassination by proxy. At least...the accusation it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Could be. After all who hired 17th of February Martyrs Brigade to "guard" Ambassador Stevens? Sean Smith's message to his gamer friends alludes to the fact he knew those "police" couldn't be trusted.

Sean Smith (vilerat gamer name)
(12:54:09 PM) vile_rat: assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Where has the MSM been in all the fights with any Muslim country?

I am old (56) and I do remember the days when I would come home and sit in front of the news watching coverage of soldiers that were shot being dragged through the mud by their buddies

I remember watching the draft lottery when the first number picked was April 21st, which was my brothers birthday.

Seems a lot of crap is hidden, covered up, dramatized, or not paid attention to at all in my years on earth, and especially in this country.

Why was the CIA ignored only proves in my mind, that people are waking up to what a crap organization they are.

And their handlers? They pay attention to what they offer, only to their benefit.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Watch a report from yesterday..

video.foxnews.com...

Compared to this clip from earlier today..

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This whole thing stinks to high heavens. As American citizens, we should DEMAND that this president hold a press conference immediately with the White House press corps, who, btw, represent our questions....questions we, as American citizens, have the right to expect answers to.

Ambassador Stevens is dead just like Seal Team Six members that killed Osama are dead. Dead men tell no tales. Just who is "our" commander-in-chief serving?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This president simply refuses to answer questions. Simple. Don't put yourself in front of real journalists who might ask you hard questions. Maybe it will all go away and he can get back to his golf game! Needless to say, I am outraged at his lack of transparency and leadership.

Stay soft.....Letterman, Stewart, The View (you get the picture).

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"sources who were on the ground in Benghazi"

There are those who got out alive according to the State Department report on their website.

Someone who was there is not going to cover for this Administration.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2gd2btru
"sources who were on the ground in Benghazi"

There are those who got out alive according to the State Department report on their website.

Someone who was there is not going to cover for this Administration.

They better keep their heads down and lay low. That's all I have to say.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

video.foxnews.com...

video.foxnews.com...

Fox news, well that's a mistake right from the get go! Interesting none the least.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Nice, attack the messenger, and not the message..

If this follows the same format as the leaked emails from that day, the MSM is going to await the administration's response to this news, and once they get their marching orders, will come forth with their spin instead of demanding answers..

After all, this was all due to a YT video right?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Thanks for posting and I agree with you. If this holds to be true it is enraging.
The 2 guys calling for help ended up getting killed because they just didn't want to stand down and let the ambassador and staff die.
A friend and I were talking about this this other day and she thinks the government wanted Stevens dead. Which if he was involved with running guns to militants, that very well could be the case. And it could explain why the CIA operators were told to stand down. Just this administration covering up another Iran–Contra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see my posts here on the truth of the MURDER OF CHRIS STEVENS - you will find it very enlightening because it allows you to see Obama's personal hand in it all.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

video.foxnews.com...

video.foxnews.com...

Fox news, well that's a mistake right from the get go! Interesting none the least.
edit on 26-10-2012 by
Sissel because: (no reason given)
so you don't believe the story?
You think it was just a demonstration there that went wrong?
That was what the administration tried to sell us for two weeks.
Who would you rather believe at this point?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

If this follows the same format as the leaked emails from that day, the MSM is going to await the administration's response to this news, and once they get their marching orders, will come forth with their spin instead of demanding answers..

Im' not atacking the messenger, however I find it odd that it comes from Fox news first.

Perhaps they are trying to receive some sort of redemption.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Yeah. I was waiting for the standard attack on Fox. The left hates that news organization. (I wonder why.) If they can cast doubt on the messenger, then the message itself might become secondary.

I think most people are capable of following the dots for themselves and sifting through the information. I personally give FNC big kuddos for exposing this story. It needs to be, and we need to get to the bottom of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join