It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to wrack up stars and flags on ATS in 10 easy steps: A new users guide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by SpearMint

We must be on 2 different websites because on my ATS those are a few of the only things you can openly criticize.

I always get swarmed.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's in my nature to want to be liked
, I flaw that I can't change no matter how hard I try. I pretend that getting a star or 2 ( or none ) don't matter. But give me 20 stars and make my day
. sad but true !!

Eta: I'm female
sorry I had to add that.
edit on 26-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I've actually thought about starting another account as a female persona and posting exactly as I do on my genuine account to see if there's any difference, but then again I realize it'll just be a waste of time because the end result is obvious.I actually do fairly well, so I can't complain too much. It's just kind of humorous when a supposed female starts a new account, posts an attractive picture as an avatar, and a bunch of members start fawning over them like high school kids.Does this post make me sexist for pointing out the obvious?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Haha, it's very obvious. I'm sure even to the female. You gotta wonder if its a male posing as female, what he thinks about some of the attention.

I also think it helps to come up with some catchy & fantastic name. Mine sh*t house
. I wish we could change them at least once.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
reply to post by GD21D

Haha, it's very obvious. I'm sure even to the female. You gotta wonder if its a male posing as female, what he thinks about some of the attention.

I also think it helps to come up with some catchy & fantastic name. Mine sh*t house
. I wish we could change them at least once.

I just learned recently that calling something "s**t house" is a common phrase and there it is!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Is that picture the new ATS tinfoil skullcap? I heard the ATS store had already sold out of those.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
It's in my nature to want to be liked
, I flaw that I can't change no matter how hard I try. I pretend that getting a star or 2 ( or none ) don't matter. But give me 20 stars and make my day
. sad but true !!

Eta: I'm female
sorry I had to add that.
edit on 26-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

Most everyone wants to be liked, unless they are a misanthrope or something. It's in everyones nature. Most people just won't admit it. I gave you a star just for having the courage to do so.
edit on 10/26/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

6) Post a picture of the latest mars photo's, and circle a random rock, claiming it is a hamster. If this doesn't work, a random sunflare video from youtube will do.

7) Be the first to tell a Christian their God is dead on a spiritually related thread. If there's one thing ATS hates, it's Ignorance. Especially Christian Ignorance. Bonus stars if you can get them to confess there is no God without torturing them.

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, these two points made my day. I can honestly say that I did start a thread based on point 6. The seventh I am a little skeptic on doing...not my style to battle on religious beliefs...that's for someone else to do:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Make a race thread

edit on 26-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Start a rant thread.

Start a thread under fragile earth about rare monkeys, colorful beetles, pollution, etc...
edit on 26-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by SpearMint
Or just make a thread about how great Jesus, the USA and guns are.

They don't tend to get as many stars, but certainly a worthy mention. Perhaps we could expand this list.

What if it was an American Jesus with a gun?

Now you're talking.

Sniper Jesus + a hot woman as my avatar...

Let's test the theory.

edit on 10/26/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Imagine if you had Cyborg Pirate Ninja Jesus

He requests the highest of fives!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

2) BE A PRO SKEPTIC. It doesn't matter if you actually know anything. Just pretend you do and be the first skeptic on every thread to call bunk. This is a sure fire way to raise your star count.

Yep... that pretty much describes ATS.

I've come to the realization that people who are on the "believer" side of things like UFOs and Aliens ..... probably should just not come to ATS anymore.

That's what I have done..... a lot of us are 100% aware that beings in UFOs are here on Earth..... want to have a rational discussion about it? NO WAY! .... you'll have 10 posters come in on the thread asking for proof of Aliens and combating everything you say.

...but ...I still come here in moderation.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When I want to rack up a load of stars, I just post this:

The stars come pouring in every time.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Love how you put this thread in the jokes section

I was going to say what a boring thread because I don't care about my Stars or Flags but you're right to think that there are lot's of people out there who cares so much that they will sit at home all day constantly refreshing news pages of their choice just to find something they know would get them a lot of Stars and Flags. These people have no life at all and the only self satisfaction they get is the reputation they earn on some kind of website and the reason they get addicted to is because of their ego.

You forgot a tip though so I'll add one for laughs

- To get the most Stars out of people upon creating a thread, don't post your opinion about the article you are writing about for the first post. Simply post the article, then a couple of paragraphs from the article a long with the Source for the first post. Then, post your opinion right after. Have your opinion ready before you post so people make the second post because the second post of a thread always has the best chance of getting the most stars. Make sure you opinion is written in a way, to ensure people will Star you. Don't worry about the article post, if it's interesting enough it will get Stars/Flags all on it's own.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Okay found a girl, what was step 3?

Oh, and,...um, ..it's not a real hamster? I mean I already knew it wasn't... but...just to confirm and all...
edit on 26-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I throw out stars like some sort of internet ninja. I mean they don't cost me anything and I like reading what people have to say even if I don't agree.

It's a click fest over here!

Pretty sure I starred every post in this thread

I'm unstoppable! NO ONE IS SAFE!!!!
edit on 26-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The OP is an idiot. Lawnmowers can NOT fly!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You might add formulating threads highlighting the stupidity, obesity, and ignorance all Americans and their evil capitalist government. Plus putting up pro-Iranian, Libyan, and Egyptian threads. Both varieties of posts seem to be a sort of therapeutic catharsis for a number of the resident dwellers.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just recently I remembered two other ways to increase S&F count:

1) Start the same hot topic thread already posted, but just tweak the title of it a little bit

2) Find a thread already started in 2008 (ex. Multiple UFOs over Southern India) and start a new one...make sure to include the original video along with it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join