It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans demand an end to doomsday myth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I understand your concerns, i really do. I have read various posts you have made on similar topics and you are very consistent in your views, for which you deserve much credit. I actually also share many of your concerns about the fate of aboriginals the world over. Just today i have reading about the tribe in the Amazon that has just lost its land battle with the resources company (being vague as i cannot remember if they are mining or logging). They have told they have to leave their native land - the entire tribe is threatening mass suicide as their response. That would be a terrible tragedy.

I have never been to Mexico, Belize, El Salavador, etc, never visited a Mayan site but i have been to various sites around the world. Generally all full of natives flogging cheap to make vastly overpriced trinkets to the tourists flocking in. That is why i believe in this case they cannot complain about feeling offended. If they weren't offended, they wouldn't be stood out front flogging trinkets to trade of the theories, etc.

The Mayans very probably have a lot to complain about. Not this though and certainly not how that statement came across!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

I'd really love to know who these 'experts' are. They sure say a lot for a group of people so hard to pin down.

And who are these current Mayans anyway,

The Mayan that issued the relevant statement, as indicated in the OP, was Felipe Gomez, leader of the Maya alliance Oxlaljuj Ajpop.

That person, and the relevant group, are referred to on various websites - including the one below:

sacrednaturalsites.org...

Felipe Gomez is a Mayan healer and spiritual leader. He is currently the director of Oxlajuj Ajpop and has been involved with the organization since 1991. He is advisor and coordinator of the Commission to Define Sacred Sites, coordinator of the Law Initiative on Sacred Sites, and coordinator of COMPAS Central America.

Oxlajuj Ajpop, the Council of Principals consists of 52 representatives, 24 from each of the linguistic communities of Maya, Garifuna and Xinca origin, and 28 representatives appointed in proportion to the size of each linguistic community. As indigenous people, Oxlajuj Ajpop believes that the Maya calendar shows the way forward. They continuously consult the sacred fire, their ancestors, traditional leaders and community leaders.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

i appreciate your concern for native peoples but really judging an entire people by the trinket selling of a few is not really fair now is it.

the thing that seems to be the most important piece of information that i have personally collected is that the elders are trying to let all people know that we are all now native peoples, the 99% have been and will continue to become the native peoples through the way the govt. has been and will be treating us all very soon.

their message in a condensed fashion is that we, the 99%, are all in this together now and it is up to us to make a change in our society. the change needs to be one going back to family values and a balance with the earth that we can all live by. no magic involved, just people working together and caring about each other is all it takes.

i used to hear a saying about California, that what happens there will be happening in all states soon enough, the trends that is. well now you can bet that what has been happening on reservations will be happening to all citizens of the world in short order.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I've spent quite a bit of time with the Mayans in the Guatamala area and they invariably found the use of their calendar format as an apocalyptic prediction rather humorous. I believe the clearest comment was "you buy a 12 or whatever month calendar don't you? they had to stop the calendar at SOME point"

it's ok though, the believers probably still have plenty of y2k water left over

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
While I don't believe in this 2012 history these so called mayas don't know nothing about their supposed ancestors. It's the same thing as if a modern egyptian calls himself a descendant of the old egyptians.
edit on 25-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
They'll get their way on December 22.
All they have to do is wait a couple more months.

indeed, the naysayers are starting to look ridiculous
with their ever increasing postings that already dominate the 2012 forum

why the anxiety?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Only reason they are saying anything now is simple.
Nothing major is happening as in WORLD ENDING..and its near the end of the year lol

If some things started to happen..we would hear the mayan are right...and they would be like we told ya so...

They realize that its not gonna happen..so they Finally open there mouths to cover up.
So they still get tourists and such. lol\\WIN WIN

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I would be outraged as well if someone couldnt properly ready my calendar.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

why the anxiety?

I think you misunderstood his post.

He is saying we will all still be around on Dec 22nd. Not dead. Or ascended. Or whatever.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eustace109

They can't read it too. If they are so close to their ancestors why they don't translate all the old mayan glyphs?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Say what?

Since when did the Mayans have internet?

I thought they lived in the forest.

j/k

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I belive that when we begin to cross the galcatic plane, we will be hit with a planet wide EMP. A cosmic emp if you will. This will effect every aspect of life that we enjoy right now. This could mean the end of the technological age, the begining of the return to nature. We have become to distracted with our gadgets, now its time to remember where we come from.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The real Mayan people, the ones who made the calendar never said the world would end this December.
They said/show a cycle will end, but the "end of the world prediction" comes from the belief that the other 4/5 suns/worlds ended with great catastrophes and all, or most "beings" killed off.

This cycle is no different to the real Mayan people, but they never seen a cycle end, nor have they seen the world/suns end. It is the same as us saying we know of a flood in the past and we believe every 26,000 years a new flood wipes us out.

As far as the Y2K references go, I'm so sick of hearing/seeing that. People/banks spent millions (maybe more) fixing that bug, so that it would not be a problem. Ask Sony about the Y2K problem, tell them it was fake.

Will the world end [as we know it] in December? Who knows, anything can happen.
Will there be a December 22 2012? Yes
Will everyone die? No
Could something like an EMP end the world [as we know it] in December? Yes

The truth is we will not know how important, or unimportant this day will be for years to come.
The "doomsday" could come as soon as November 6, if Obama wins again

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Good thing humanity will most likely be gone by then. I have a hard time believing we'll still be around in another 27 million to 37 million years when we cross the galactic plane.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

I believe an EMP is a possibility, in fact the world as we know it would end and there would be mass wars and killings. No newer cars would work, no ATM, no heat, no freezers for food, no communications. Think about how bad it would be if all the electronics we have just stopped working, can you comprehend what it would be like?

If we got hit with an EMP of that magnitude, on 12/21/12 I would say that's the day the world ended.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

why the anxiety?

I think you misunderstood his post.

He is saying we will all still be around on Dec 22nd. Not dead. Or ascended. Or whatever.

no, it's you who are not getting it.
nor did you get my post either

if "nothing is going to happen"

why clog the boards with multiple daily threads?

it's looking more and more like a propaganda/disinfo blitz every day

if "nothing is going to happen" why keep shrieking ever louder that "nothing is going to happen"?

who are you really trying to convince? yourselves?

lol if so, then something is really happening, and you're just being irrational.

got it?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Lol, how long did it take for them to get pissed about this? Seems to me people just rode this for all it was worth. Now that it's getting time to pay the piper, no one wants anything to do with it.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sounds like total BS to me seeing how the Maya all went missing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Sounds like total BS to me seeing how the Maya all went missing.

the Maya didn't go missing, they got slaughtered by the Spaniards and what's left of the reside in central america.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Great thread, I've never understood how the Mayan calender 2012 thing got so blown out of proportion and how so many people have been convinced of the impending doom. Everyone wants the end of the word/coming of the messiah etc to happen in their lifetime, there is always something right?

Even now there will be people saying wait and see, same people who said the world would end band on 2012, then said no that's the start of the end that will take another month etc etc etc to the point where 2012 is now the start of a long drawn out process, probably so long and drawn out that we wont even notice it to it's full extent in our lifetime so that they can never be proven wrong, so annoying, but I guess they are so unconvinced themselves that they have the security of knowing that they wont be made to loom wrong because oh any month now the process will be complete, then you'll see, any year, now.......

Suuuuuuuuuure.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join