It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween ATS : 25 Creepiest Places On Earth!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thank you Ben81 for taking the time to post this. It was very interesting and a pleasant change! Good work on your part.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The catacomb in Paris is so scary ;o. I love halloween though, but I get scared way to easily haha

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'd like to add one to the list from around my area. It's supposedly one of the most haunted cemetery's in the USA.

It's Forest Park Cemetery in Brunskwick, NY, also known as Pinewoods Cemetery. Anyway, it's reputedly one of the "gateways to hell" and built on top of an Indian burial ground. I've never seen any solid research to back up either of those claims though. Indians moved their villages about every 20 years or so because they relied on nature to sustain them. I'm sure that there are hundreds of Indian burial grounds all over the area.

I've been there once before and it does give off a very creepy vibe although I have never seen any ghosts myself. Might have to take another ride up there and check it out one of these days. I want to try to find the statue of a decapitated angel that people say bleeds from the neck.

www.weirdus.com...

en.wikipedia.org...(Brunswick,_New_York)

edit on 25-10-2012 by BlesUTP because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This thread is focused on the creepiest places on Earth...yet there is one outstandingly macabre location that has not been included. This most grievous oversight must be rectified immediately! As a denizen of ATS, and a fan of all things paranormal and supernatural, I take it upon myself to fulfill the duty of informing ATS as to the existence and history of one of the scariest places on Earth...the one spooky "hot spot" missed in the OP.

Ladies and gentlemen of ATS, in the name and spirit of the fast approaching holiday known as Halloween, I present to you MY #1 of the creepiest places on Earth - a place that is virtually impossible to visit due to visitor restrictions applied after a review of its highly questionable history and past uses. A former burning ground for plague victims, home to the ruins of a psychiatric institution specializing in "research" and "treatment" courses that would merit multiple life sentences, and currently one of THE most haunted places on the face of the planet.

It is called - POVEGLIA ISLAND!!!

Warning: Tread lightly, my friends...Poveglia's history is not for the faint of heart, nor feeble of soul...and its horrors still live to this day, crying for release. They may find it - through YOU!! Muhahahaha...

edit on 25-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks for sharing
Alcatraz looks like heaven compare to this Poveglia place

edit on 10/25/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
here's another in the USA...the abandoned 6 flags in Louisiana after hurricane katrina ...very creepy

www.lovethesepics.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I too read this thread and immediately thought of this island. If you hadn't posted anything about it, I would have. This island is indeed one of the creepiest places on earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This place is on my list to visit. Palermo, Italy

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here's a natural creepy place meaning it is made by nature, not any intervention!
THE DEVIL'S KETTLE

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Most Haunted Place in Canada --> Montreal
it is 400 yrs old !

It is said that we have many many ghosts in town !
and many creepy places

edit on 10/25/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Real Amityville Horror (true story)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

yeah me too, a lot of people died there and tested in for experiments,

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure about it making a "scariest on earth" list, but I have seen it on a few "scariest in the United States" shows.

They call it the axe murder house and it's in vilisca Iowa. I wish I could post a link but I can only access Internet through my phone and my phone seems to not like that idea

If anyone else feels like adding any links about it feel free!

The basic information is that in 1912 a person or persons hid in a house until the family returned from a community function, then murdered the parents, children, and two of the children's friends that were staying the night.

It's a several hour drive but I would love to visit it sometime (they rent it out for overnights), and would love to hear stories if any of you have been there!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustSirens
The catacomb in Paris is so scary ;o. I love halloween though, but I get scared way to easily haha

My mother went there one time after a trip in Paris
i also want to go and visit those catabomb with respect of course
if one day i go there .. you can be sure i wont be making any jokes while visiting
but if you respect the dead .. they will respect you

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am surprised the Clinton's bedroom didn't make that list Would give me nightmares for a week

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I posted some threads a couple days ago about a little college town in Southern Ohio. Athens, Ohio has tons of stories and locations. Part 1 is below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Even if i hate Clinton
that must be photoshoped lol
it looks so real that i could be also wrong ahah

best horror picture of the month

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Thanx op don't have time to watch all right now but will bensure to come back

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nice thread

The UFO hotels are long since gone now unfortunately. The Government destroyed them so they could develop a new site over the top of it.

Down here in Australia, there are some pretty cool haunted/creepy places:

Brisbane City Hall:

Brisbane City Hall has several stories of deaths spanning the eras before and after construction of the impressive structure. During the building's construction workmen were said to have died while placing the foundations, which were on top of a former swamp. It is also said that the area was once a significant Aboriginal site - either a meeting place or camp ground. One story relates to the death of a maintenance man or lift attendant who either fell to his death down the lift well or was crushed by the lift in his daily duties. Another story claims an American soldier was stabbed to death during the war after a fight over an Australian girl turned ugly. Staff are said to have reported the sounds of an argument from the Red Cross Tea Room, and there are many reports of sounds and unusual activity throughout the hall relating to the areas surrounding these deaths. A third story claims the apparition of a woman is regularly seen traversing the main stairs in the lobby & looking out over the foyer.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Boggo Road Gaol:

Boggo Road Gaol was a notorious Australian prison located on Annerley Road in Dutton Park, an inner southern suburb of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. The site is the only surviving intact gaol in Queensland that reflects penological principles of the 19th century. For many years it was Queensland's main prison.

Particularly famous for its series of underground cells called the "Black Hole", this Queensland jail has many tormented souls refusing to leave. The most regularly seen is the ghost of a murdered prison guard who wanders the main block nightly, jangling his keys.

en.wikipedia.org...
aww.ninemsn.com.au...

Port Arthur:

Port Arthur is a small town and former convict settlement on the Tasman Peninsula, in Tasmania, Australia. Port Arthur is one of Australia's most significant heritage areas and the open air museum.

The Port Arthur massacre of 28 April 1996 was a killing spree in which 35 people were killed and 23 wounded, mainly at the historic[1] Port Arthur prison colony, a popular tourist site in south-eastern Tasmania, Australia.

Port Arthur massacre remains one of the deadliest shootings worldwide committed by a single person.[5] Gun control laws in Australia, which had been relatively lenient before the massacre, were reviewed and tightened significantly after the incident.

Port Arthur has been noted to contain a lot of spirits, although it isn't much talked about due to respect for those who were killed in the massacre...

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

There are many others...

edit on 26-10-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've been to Overtoun Bridge and I have to say it is pretty eerie. Especially when I was leaning over the side, looking down at where so many dogs have met their maker.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join