It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in SATAN? I don't !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Again, I can't tell if you are serious or not.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Most likely not serious. Exactly what are you referring to though?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

The mod moved this thread because it was not considered a conspiracy in religion. I respectfully disagree, but I am not mad at them for moving it.

The notion of Satan is rooted in religious text as being an actual entity. I submit is it not, but a metaphor used to describe evil/bad actions and giving them an excuse for why they exist.

We do not need the bible or any religion to know, inherently, what we already know. Free will allows us to make choices, some good and some bad, but to say you are controlled by The Devil/Satan/Lucifer and that is why you did them is ridiculous, in my opinion. Take responsibility for your own actions.

The mechanics of the psychology of 'good and evil' are evident in all, God-satan speak...

This is where the notion of satan is rooted...
...and from this, follows the necessity for salvation...
...and from this follows the necessity for a saviour...
...and from this follows the necessity for the dissemination of judgement by fundies of any denomination you can think of...

Christians, especially, need to question a very fundamental anomoly in the procedural structure of thier belief...

...it is this...

How does an OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS SEEN AND UNSEEN, allow itself to be challenged by its own creations to the extent that a battle of any sort can take place, here or in the spiritual domain?

...you guessed it...FREE WILL conferred through LOVE...

...but there is no battle, because an OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS SEEN AND UNSEEN, cannot be challenged in any way by Its CREATIONS! To think otherwise, is absurd and procedurally flawed in the extreme...

A99

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I have only been here a short time as a member, I may not have the smarts to be a ( blogger, journalist, editor). I don't always articulate or put my thoughts down properly. I don't always arrange my threads in the perfect way or perfect order. I'm human, very spiritual and non-secular. reply to post by eriktheawful For those of you that have read my "Threads" and commented, some of the opinions were welcomed, some were not, but 99% of them appreciated. There are so many wonderful people in here willing to express their feelings, I feel that in spite of the anonymous nature and faceless contact it is the best place for me to share. I have had some negative comments to deal with in some of my posts, it seems there are those that just like to start trouble, you know the type, but the ratio of good/bad is in my estimation 90/10. That is a great ratio to have. I, also, feel that the MOD's that you have trusted with monitoring the traffic have done an excellent job. I am trying to learn everyday! Thanks for stopping by! Much love to all ! Sincerely, Ascension211

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I only read the OP. AND S&F

I very much agree with you Ascencion.

there is NO such thing as SATAN.

but hey some people just need to blame some outer "evil" energy for things and events happening. It is the so "needed monster".

I agree there are dark stuff. Because that is how the universe works, DUALITY.

But Satan? pff. lol

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Thank you! Guess what, there is a higher power and it does have both energies. Positive and Negative. Semantics for any Yin/Yang you want to call it. We have free will. We can either go to the light or dark. I chose the light. That is what I find gives me the most comfortable feeling in my soul. To this you need to have true love in your heart, the opposite of true hate. We have an imbalance in this world and that is why there has to be an awakening. There will be a cleansing whether we want it or not. I personally, hope it is soon. The world has been full of hatred for to long. Time to kick that to the trash.

Take care and much love.

Thanks for adding me to your friends list.

Just to illustrate a point......I have got some that have added me to the other list. One guess who is on the Light side and who is heading to the dark side.

No matter, I love my enemies to. I just don't like them or let them in my circle of love. They can touch it from the outside.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Many Eastern Religion does not believe in pure evil or evil captain. They do have evil spirits and people that died suffering, still "walks" around assuming the are not dead.

The whole equivalent "evil" side to "good" side is mostly abrahamic faith sector.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl

I only read the OP. AND S&F

I very much agree with you Ascencion.

there is NO such thing as SATAN.

but hey some people just need to blame some outer "evil" energy for things and events happening. It is the so "needed monster".

I agree there are dark stuff. Because that is how the universe works, DUALITY.

But Satan? pff. lol
Well said.

In my personal opinion, those with an die-hard belief in a "Divine Good" and "Divine Evil" (be that in the Christian God and Satan, or in any other personification) are ultimately just attempting to justify the bad things that happen in this world. They seem incapable of understanding that people, by virtue of being people, have free will. That free will leads some people to do amazing things, such as Mother Theresa, Gandhi, and Martin Luther King. But, the flip-side is that free will leads some people to do horrible things, such as John Wayne Gacy, Adolf Hitler, and Dennis Rader.

The point is that the "good versus evil" debate isn't about whether a divine source exists that pushes people down one path or the other. It is about the free will of the individual which drives them to help or to harm others.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Thank you for your reply.

We do not need the bible or any religion to know, inherently, what we already know. Free will allows us to make choices, some good and some bad, but to say you are controlled by The Devil/Satan/Lucifer and that is why you did them is ridiculous, in my opinion. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
SATAN IS ONLY A PERSON THAT GOES AGAINST THE OPPOSITE- THE OPPONENT IN THE HEBREW LANGUAGE.

So I don't believe that a beast, dragon etc exist. But I do believe that SATAN from the revelation existed as he is YESHUA-JESUS

SATAN- OPPONENT IN HEBREW, Yeshua was the opponent agaist the leaders that crucified him.

666= xxx=+++= father son holy spirit, trinity= JESUS

6= 6TH DAY OF THE WEEK IS FRIDAY THE DAY JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well I did ask. I will have to respectfully decline your reasoning as faulty ... Religion to me is a man-made concoction to control the masses through disinformation. There are many religions and they are semantics, defined :

See that's the thing; words. Control the words and you control the understanding. It's like, when I here someone say "I don't believe in God" I turn and ask, puzzled, "You don't believe in TRUTH?" and when you say "I don't believe in Satan" I have to ask "You don't believe in CONFUSION?"

Here's a good read by Philip K. Dick for anyone interested:
deoxy.org...

Because this is the point:

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

It's not about the words being used; it's about how we understand them- therein lies the true problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes,

I believe I have adversary in this world.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ADVERSARY IS AN OPPONENT.

SATAN IN HEBREW MEANS ADVERSARY AND OPPONENT

- Lamb and Goat is the same when it comes to a Sacrifice.
Exodus12.2 , Passover. the tenth day ( x) of the first month a young male goat or a lamb will be killed.
Also in Leviticus Goats and sheep were sacrificed for Sin offerings.

Catholic church sacrifices JESUS every mass as an animal,
which is against YESHUA AS THE MESSIAH.

XP = JOLLY ROGER = DEATH AND TROPHY OF JESUS
XP = CHI RHO
X = CHI in greek , in Hebrew and ancient Semitic is "Samekh" = FISH
X = = T Tav/Tau = Mark = + = Jesus
P = RHO in Greek. Resh in Hebrew and ancient Semitic means a HUMAN HEAD
P = Everyone is to believe that Constantine utilisedthe name of CHRIST on his flag,
however, it was not so, Constantine used the RHO (P), which is "RESH" in Hebrew
and symbolises a human HEAD and Jesus was crucifies in Golgotha,
which means "THE PLACE OF THE SKULL"

- ALL EAGLES ARE THE SYMBOL OF JESUS, USED AS A TROPHY FOR HIS DEFEAT.
2nd ESDRAS, 5th Vision.

- 13 is JESUS, Chapter 13 in the Revelation was written against Jesus. FRIDAY 13TH is JESUS
12 APOSTLES, THE 13TH WAS JESUS

- 666 = XXX = +++ = FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT =HOLY TRINITY = JESUS
- 666 = Friday the 6th day of the week, THE DAY JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED
666 = 6 FOOT UNDER
666 = There are 6 weeks of lent prior to EASTER
666 = 6th letter of the aplhabet is F = FRIDAY = Friday 13th = JESUS
666 = Revelations ,The Father- 6th Seal
Son - 6th Trumpet
Holy spirit- 6th Bowl
666= Revelation 13.5 "The beast was allowed to make proud claims which were insulting to God
and it was permitted to have authority for Forty two months" = 42 months = 3.5 years,
Jesus started to preach at the age of 30 and was crucified at the age of 33 and half years
= 3.5 years = 42 months

666= The second book of Esdras , the Fifth Vision of the EAGLE-
Most scholars date the the Eagle Vision during 69- 96 AD.
" the second night Ihad a dream. I saw an eagle coming up out of the sea.
It had twelve wings and three heads. All three heads was a sleep,
even the middle one, which was larger then the other two"
= EAGLE = JESUS AS SATAN

666= Revelation 13.2 " the beast looked like leopard, with feet like a bears feet
and a mouth like a lions mouth"
In Heraldry the beast is used as a symbol of victory over the beast, who is JESUS.
Flag of England and many other Countries use the symbol of the beast,
while everyone thinks it's Lion.
Also in Heraldry the symbol of a castle with 3 towers also means 666.
In fact nearly all of symbols used in Heraldry is based on the revelation and used as a
symbol of defeat against Satan who is JESUS.

Once again I will mention that SATAN in Hebrew means OPPONENT,
Jesus was SATAN, the opponent to the leaders that crucified him,
and they are the leaders who wrote the Revelation's against him.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dave13

Blah Blah Blah...quoting that crap doesn't prove SATAN exist....only in the figment of your imagination...now is it possible that it is a semantic for evil...you bet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My take on Satan - he exists. God created the universe and watches while Satan runs things.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ASCENTION,

I did not say that Satan, symbol of the, beast, devil, dragon exist. I SAID THAT THE REVELATION IS FAKE AND WRITTEN AGINST JESUS AS SATAN, THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.

The Hebrew word שטן – “satan” means adversary or accuser.
“Satan” is pronounced as “sah-tahn.”

ADVERSARY- a person or group opposing or hostile to another person or group, enemy or opponent

ACCUSER - a person who accuses another

JESUS- YESHUA opposed his enemies and they were hostile towards him, they Crucified him and

wrote the REVELATIONS AGAINST HIM AS THE BEAST, FALSE PROPHET, DRAGON , DEVIL,

LUCIFER ETC ETC ETC.

So I'm also SATAN now because I'm opposing AGAINST MY EMEMIES.

YESHUA-JESUS IS SATAN IN THE REVELATION AND
SATAN IS NOT AS EVIL A WORD AS IS MADE OUT TO BE.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dave13

TROPHY

In the times of Ancient Greeece and Rome it was regarded as a structure consisting of the captured ARMS, FLAGS or other spoils of a DEFEAT ENEMY, hung on a tree, or pillar, of the field of balltle or elsewhere as a memorial of VICTORY- THIS PRACTICE IS STILL BEING PRACTICED TODAY-

Reason the symbols in the Revelation, helraldry, FLAGS and numbers represent the VICTORY over JESUS.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well I did ask. I will have to respectfully decline your reasoning as faulty. There is no such thing as Satan. There are misguided souls and young souls who have yet to realize what the truth is. I would put you in the young soul/ brainwashed group. I will grant you the opportunity to re-think your stance, however, you may be steadfast in your belief on this matter. You have free will to make choices and there are environmental issues and other free will choices imposed on all of us, by others. It is up to each individual to recognize what is truth and what is propaganda through religion. Religion to me is a man-made concoction to control the masses through disinformation. There are many religions and they are semantics, defined :

: the study of meanings: a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development b (1) : semiotics (2) : a branch of semiotic dealing with the relations between signs and what they refer to and including theories of denotation, extension, naming, and truth 2 : general semantics 3 a : the meaning or relationship of meanings of a sign or set of signs; especially : connotative meaning b : the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings

for the same thing, but there can only be one truth. That is not to say there are not evil/bad/negative souls that have regressed and need to find their way back to the light, if you want to call them Satan, that is your choice. Take care, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join