It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in SATAN? I don't !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If a God was a creator of everything he would have to of created both good and evil. I guess the Christian God "gave man a choice" but he must of created all evil unless satan was a supreme being as well and could have creation powers like God? Obviously theres more variables but you could generalize that good is half of existence and bad is the other half (ying-yang).

I just think nobody wants to worship a religion that has a good who is both good and evil. I guess God has killed alot in the Bible.... so he must have the capability for evil.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Well then happily, for me I suppose, if not also for you; I did not give any theological advice.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Maybe we are Satan??? Even Jesus called one of his "disciples" MR. LUCY..

Matthew 16:23 NIV
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

I TOLD YOU HE CAME BACK 25 YEARS AGO AS A PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDER! I showed my proof of him doing tricks, including trying to hide is name as Natas! Aren't you watching!!!
I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Does no such thing. Has nothing to do with my belief about SATAN. Read the entire post before you make comments.

That is not to say there are not evil/bad/negative souls that have regressed and need to find their way back to the light, if you want to call them Satan, that is your choice. Take care, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
...do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

In order to be guided by LOVE you must connect with, listen to, believe and OBEY love.

That is VERY hard to do while you are listening to and believing what the father of ALL lies is telling you.

THIS is why God sent His Word.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No, I don't believe in some external force known as satan, devil, or whatever you want to call it. We make our own choices, people that try to blame their actions on some external scapegoat making them do it is pure weakness. Everyone has the capacity for good and bad, it is what you do with those capacities that count in my book.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
It may very well be that you add to it, because after 2012 comes and you don't ascend out of it, you will realize that there are no free rides and you are totally unprepared for what is to come.

I don't believe the bible apocalypse is a prophecy but I believe it's history.
The apocalypse seems more likely to be the story of the end of another civilization before us.

Those that spread that it's a prophecy knew it would be an even greater punch for control and for many years to come. Bad people get to do bad things because good people do nothing and a fake prophecy like this could potentially neuter a lot of people into not fighting against corruption.

That doesn't mean I don't believe in Satan, but I wouldn't bet an "all in" bet on ascension.
Not saying it's impossible, but improbable...and I'm not referring only to 2012.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

As far as I'm concerned, Satan is a word that is synonymous with two other words:

Stupid

and

Sarcasm.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
No,

Rome made him up.

why would I think there is a super evil? oh yeah because some one made up a super good.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I myself believe satan is the worlds boogeyman, but as you mentioned there is still evil equivilent to satan but everyone has different opinions as to what satan even is.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

What experience have you had first hand?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A little Aristotelean syllogism may provide an answer:

I have a goldfish named Satan.
All goldfish exist.
Therefore, Satan exists.

Of course Satan doesn't tangibly exist. If anything, he exists as a metaphor or idea, much like God.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Watch out guys, there are shills/trolls all over that are used to keep up the lies. As for what I believe... It's a bunch of BS. If you read the bible, you'll steadily find out it's a work of fiction. Same with other religions, they are used for many reasons including to divide us and create ignorance. Each religion, and of the past have similar stories. Many figures who came before JC had the same type of powers, events, etc.. that happened to them. The main problem with religion is that it literally directs your attention from reality, making you focus on your beliefs only. This is why people who do not believe get in senseless arguments, where one side has actually researched in what they know and the other simply hasn't.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

What is your basis for calling the Bible a work of fiction?

It would be a terrible shame for someone to form a complete worldview and base their spiritual existence from a 90 minute Zeitgiest video seen on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by ascension211
...do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

In order to be guided by LOVE you must connect with, listen to, believe and OBEY love.

And this is evidence that you know nothing about love. Real love cannot be equated to "obedience". Real love comes from within not depending on the circumstance. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love holds no records of wrong doings.

Also, to the original poster. I dunno if you associate Satan with Lucifer, but there definitely is a being named Lucifer. In fact there seems to be more than one named Lucifer - and more than one named Samael (who people also believe is Satan). We are not talking about opinions here but the actual names such beings go by...

Obviously, people shouldn't have fear in their hearts though . I don't think the reality fits the Biblical Mythology, especially since there is more than one with such names...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantisfortress
reply to post by Meaningless

What is your basis for calling the Bible a work of fiction?

It would be a terrible shame for someone to form a complete worldview and base their spiritual existence from a 90 minute Zeitgiest video seen on YouTube.
I cannot speak for others, but my reasons for calling the Bible a work of fiction are simple. Literature, when written, must have verifiable outside evidence to support its veracity if it is to be categorized as nonfiction. I have seen no evidence to support the claims made in the bible, so I have no choice but to conclude that the bible is fiction.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

The mod moved this thread because it was not considered a conspiracy in religion. I respectfully disagree, but I am not mad at them for moving it.

The notion of Satan is rooted in religious text as being an actual entity. I submit is it not, but a metaphor used to describe evil/bad actions and giving them an excuse for why they exist.

We do not need the bible or any religion to know, inherently, what we already know. Free will allows us to make choices, some good and some bad, but to say you are controlled by The Devil/Satan/Lucifer and that is why you did them is ridiculous, in my opinion. Take responsibility for your own actions.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

Originally posted by r2d246

I TOLD YOU HE CAME BACK 25 YEARS AGO AS A PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDER! I showed my proof of him doing tricks, including trying to hide is name as Natas! Aren't you watching!!!
I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here.

Do some research, you'll discover the secret that no retired skateboarder wants you to know!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thank you!

The notion of Satan is rooted in religious text as being an actual entity. I submit is it not, but a metaphor used to describe evil/bad actions and giving them an excuse for why they exist. We do not need the bible or any religion to know, inherently, what we already know. Free will allows us to make choices, some good and some bad, but to say you are controlled by The Devil/Satan/Lucifer and that is why you did them is ridiculous, in my opinion. Take responsibility for your own actions.

<< 1    3 >>

join