It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT Destroys Corporate Media Blackout, Airs Full 3rd Party Debates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thanks~

Going to share!

So to spread the sincere scene of simplistic selection - because theres more than two party to any election!

Write In - not about who wins - but being seen and heard!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I said only the other day how RT is probably the most reliable media source in the world at the moment, and many shot me down saying it's just the same as the rest.

A) I think this thread backs up my point.

B) RT isn't owned by Rupert Murdoch

C) Star & Flag just for mentioning RT!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Does anyone know what happened to the Alyona Show?

RTs American News anchor? She was hot,smart and awesome - They've replaced her with a bird called Lauran Lyster I think - Not half as captivating

I love the Keiser Report - Hilarious and TRUE.

RT docs can be annoying sometimes though... Although I guess it's one of the only way swe can really get an insight into how Russians truely live.

Kudos for the Debate coverage - As with the Assange coverage

GWAN Putin!
edit on 25-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Caltrops

Now I don't have to say "I'll vote for a 3rd party" .. I cast my ballot today, Gary Johnson all the way!

Me too, but mailed mine a couple days ago. Isn't our elections process nice?

OT: I agree that this should be played on major networks but Budweiser would never sponsor this debate. Airing the third party debates is just an interim step with the final one being including third parties in the main debate.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The debate was being attempted to be kept secret? I didn't know that. I'm not surprised, really. Just as the newscaster-type lady afterwards said, the top party candidates never touched on what the third party debate did. NDAA, health care and other things. I watched the first D-R debate and still don't remember a lot of what was talked about, because it was all such a bunch of fluff.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yeah, we can totally trust everything on Russian state owned T.V., they never have an agenda.
Also, I have to agree with a previous poster, it is highly inappropriate for a Russian state run "news" outlet to try and affect an American election.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
I said only the other day how RT is probably the most reliable media source in the world at the moment, and many shot me down saying it's just the same as the rest.

A) I think this thread backs up my point.

B) RT isn't owned by Rupert Murdoch

C) Star & Flag just for mentioning RT!

Dude, a state owned news agency is never trustworthy.
Although, I do like letter B

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Lets keep things real about RT. RT is russian government owned. Much of the information broadcasted is filtered. There is no true journalistic freedom and certainly no russian opposition views ever broadcasted. Many reports are anti-american in nature. You will never see a domestic radio or television network in Russia broadcasting the views of opposition political parties in a debate. Critical journalists in Russia have been murdered, the crimes unsolved, others jailed on a whim. I can't support a racket like RT when it's existance is sourced to a force of evil.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

Yeah, we can totally trust everything on Russian state owned T.V., they never have an agenda.
Also, I have to agree with a previous poster, it is highly inappropriate for a Russian state run "news" outlet to try and affect an American election.

RT didn't host the event, they only aired it, as did cspan. All of these candidates existed and ran on these point far before RT agreed to air it.

I fully agree that RT, like any state sponsored news shouldn't be trusted, but this wasn't and RT event, they didn't pick the candidates and tell them what to say. They where merely one of the outlets allowed in to cover it, they aren't effecting the election in anyway other than helping to cover 3rd party candidates who have been treated as if they don't exist in the rest of the media.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Does anyone know what happened to the Alyona Show?

RTs American News anchor? She was hot,smart and awesome - They've replaced her with a bird called Lauran Lyster I think - Not half as captivating

Minkovski left RT to join HuffPost Live

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche

RT didn't host the event, they only aired it, as did cspan. All of these candidates existed and ran on these point far before RT agreed to air it.

I fully agree that RT, like any state sponsored news shouldn't be trusted, but this wasn't and RT event, they didn't pick the candidates and tell them what to say. They where merely one of the outlets allowed in to cover it, they aren't effecting the election in anyway other than helping to cover 3rd party candidates who have been treated as if they don't exist in the rest of the media.

You're right of course and the OP misspoke by saying RT hosted the event. It was actually a Mexican Billionaire (among the richest people on Earth at last ranking) and someone shady enough, even MEXICO won't allow him to run this network of his openly in his own homeland.

How this is better..somehow...than a News organization owned and operated by the Government of the Russian Federation is beyond me.

In terms of RT and one post's mention of Russian PEOPLE being good. I agree. I've known some native Russians myself and a couple I was close with in trucking adopted a child from a Russian Orphanage. That gave the opportunity to see a lot of Russia, through their experiences, at the average person level. Great nation for it's people....

However........ MOSCOW is turning back more Soviet than Russian and Vladimir Putin was a Colonel of the SOVIET UNION, not the Russian Federation, as he built his career in the K.G.B.. How would we feel about a President who spent his whole life in the CIA?? That is Putin...and Putin owns RT. Lets all just keep perspective on things, eh?
edit on 25-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Say what you will about RT but they are getting things done for America. RT is more patriotic than any American MSM outlet. It was refreshing to see a debate on a normal stage without all the production. Not only does RT earn major cool points but so does Larry King and I don't even like Larry King.

What we are seeing here is the foundation for change. None of the candidates will win the 2012 election and that's okay because they are just here to get the ball rolling to give America more options than she is currently being allowed to give. Next year I'm sure RT will host another debate and so on and so on. The 2016 elections will be very interesting and maybe by then a majority of the people are ready to make that jump from the current establishment to something new. Give em 4 more years of Romney or Obama and I just betcha this could come true. So I'm calling it, 2016 a 3rd party will win and they are......

edit on 25-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great post OP i hope more people read this and remember too write in a third party candidate! we are not just stuck too the 2 parties!i hope everyone who reads this shares what these people had too say. These are some real problems at hand they touched on.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I wonder.... Doesn't it cross a line somewhere when a State owned organization of a foreign nation hosts an event like this? Russia TV isn't just a cute moniker...That's RUSSIA TV as much as Voice of America is American. Both absolutely insist upon independent editorial control and such...and Hey, I read them both for the aspects of news they offer.

I think a major network absolutely should have hosted this...but again, Russia TV is State Owned by the Russian Federation by way of the Ria Novosti Network in Moscow.

I never bother mentioning this because it rarely matters. Their news is just part of a whole and as right and wrong as anyone else.....but this seems pretty direct into the politics of the United States Presidential Race...for a Russian State Property to be getting?

Just goes to show ya those Russians must be doing something right and they keep on getting it done. They are the number 1 news channel on YouTube and by a long shot. The world is watching RT News and that's because they are reporting on the things our own MSM does not. Our own state run media is dying and RT is soaring and it's no accident. Everyone working at RT probably gives thanks to the US Gov't and MSM for making their job so damn easy.

Here's a fun article for everyone that RT wrote asking the question are they run by the Kremlin because they take state funds.

Is RT state-run?

rt.com...

RT has been accused of being “state-run” or dismissed as influenced by the Kremlin because it receives state funding.

­To boot, from GlobalMediaWars.com:

“Its motto is “question more,” but it’s clear who supplies the answers to many of the questions on RT: the Kremlin.”

Glenn Beck on Fox News referred to RT as “state-run” and the “Pravda of today.”

And people have used this as a way to dismiss RT’s content, along with its mission of news with a Russian perspective. NPR “On the Media” host Bob Garfield’s remarks:

“Though they have the look and the feel of maybe BBC or CNN International, just 'cause it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck doesn't make it a duck.”

But let’s look at the mission and funding of the BBC.

According to its charter, its goals include representing the UK, its nations, regions and communities and bringing the UK to the world and the world to the UK.

While BBC World Service, which broadcasts to the world on radio, on TV and online, providing news and information in 32 languages, is funded by a government grant, it also recently received a significant sum of money from the US government according to reports.

And what about other international networks?

France 24’s mission is “to cover international current events from a French perspective and to convey French values throughout the world” and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the public-funded holding company Audiovisuel Exterieur de la France (AEF)

The German Deutsche Welle’s goal is to “promote understanding of Germany as an independent nation with its roots in European culture and as a liberal, democratic, constitutional state based on the rule of law.” It’s budget is made up of funds allocated by the federal government from German tax revenues, according to its website.

And here in the US, it’s the Corporation of Public Broadcasting that provides funds to public TV and radio stations. According to its website, “when Congress created CPB, it declared that developing public media is…“of appropriate and important concern” to the federal government. By law, 95 percent of CPB's appropriation from the federal government goes to support local television and radio stations, programming and improvements to the public broadcasting system.

Funding for PBS programs, for example, comes from a variety of sources, including the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and government agencies.

And outside the US, it’s the Broadcasting Board of Governors that transmits its message. The board encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting: Voice of America(VOA), Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL),Radio Free Asia (RFA), Radio and TV Martí, and the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (MBN)—Radio Sawa and Alhurra Television.

It broadcasts in 59 languages to an estimated weekly audience of 165 million people via radio, TV, the Internet and other new media.

While its principles include being “consistent with the broad foreign policy objectives of the United States, and the capability to provide a surge capacity to support United States foreign policy objectives during crises abroad,” according to it’s website.

So call RT “state-funded” if you must, but if you want to “call a duck a duck,” as NPR’s host so eloquently put it, you might want to consider the pond we’re all swimming in.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

No way, Aljazeera also had a hand in this debate? I figured they were bought and paid for by western forces by now? Good for them.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm sure they do give thanks. America has opened itself far and wide to be taken apart peacefully in ways it could never have been accomplished in war. Russia's getting it's revenge in plain sight and for all to see....and so few even see it. That is part of what I find amusing, in a personal way.

It's impossible to forget how loudly the U.S. gloated and all but rubbed it in the faces of the Soviets as they fell. First in Afghanistan and then, the whole Soviet Union itself. Honestly, back then, the display of SORE winner was so bad, I literally did feel bad for the Russian people, It must have been horrible to endure in terms of national pride...with so much unnecessary salt thrown in the wounds.

This....was as the current President of the Russian Federation was an up and coming Colonel in the KGB. One of the most brutal and "efficient" intelligence services in history. If anyone thinks the CIA is bad...well, the KGB kinda laughed at them as wussies and cream puffs. Which, by comparison, they were.

This...is what owns RT..and this is what we're lapping up like kittens to milk. At the SAME TIME..By the way....Obama ordered VOA turned off for broadcast into the Russian Federation. THAT part, for those who read about it recently, makes the whole thing an irony beyond all belief.

RT is decent for news...in the same way Tehran's new services are. They are great context sources....not primary ones.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by mahatche

You're right of course and the OP misspoke by saying RT hosted the event. It was actually a Mexican Billionaire (among the richest people on Earth at last ranking) and someone shady enough, even MEXICO won't allow him to run this network of his openly in his own homeland.

How this is better..somehow...than a News organization owned and operated by the Government of the Russian Federation is beyond me.

In terms of RT and one post's mention of Russian PEOPLE being good. I agree. I've known some native Russians myself and a couple I was close with in trucking adopted a child from a Russian Orphanage. That gave the opportunity to see a lot of Russia, through their experiences, at the average person level. Great nation for it's people....

However........ MOSCOW is turning back more Soviet than Russian and Vladimir Putin was a Colonel of the SOVIET UNION, not the Russian Federation, as he built his career in the K.G.B.. How would we feel about a President who spent his whole life in the CIA?? That is Putin...and Putin owns RT. Lets all just keep perspective on things, eh?
edit on 25-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

You have made some interesting points and I agree we should keep perspective on things.

But from my perspective, I find it odd that American's have to rely on a Russian owned media outlet and Mexican billionaire to get coverage of all the candidates for president here in the land of the free and free press.

I also find it odd that the majority of the American media seems to have already decided for the people long ago their choices for president and as always are only concerned about the two pre approved flavors of koolaid. Also they only really seem to care if people are voting for one or the other of the pre approved choices and if people tend to voice that they may be voting third party, they are figuratively patted on the head and shuffled off to the side or asked, "Well we don't care about that, if you had to choose one of these two which would it be?."

Sad thing is regardless of the motivations of RT, the Russian government, Putin or this Mexican billionaire, they are doing the American media's job for them. Haha Russian media actually acting more American then American media. That is the bizzaro world we live in.

In any case, it doesn't matter why RT covered the debate, it's good they did and people should really be asking why the major American news outlets didn't...Oh but most know why they didn't...they have already whittled down the peoples choices and decided the election for them. Got to keep the choices narrow and the cattle in line, just like a good propaganda machine, oh sorry I mean news station.

Anyway, if the American media were doing there job, Rt and other foreign news outlets wouldn't have to...

Just my opinion though.
edit on 25-10-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
changes have consequences....the larger the change, the more of an impact it will have....for instance, to eliminate the federal reserve would cause massive instability in our own financial lives, as well as throughout the world....please do some research in the 18th and 19th centuries, about the difficulties of the US treasury and our money system in handling our economy. the booms and busts swung wildly, the fate of of businesses, as well as individuals fortunes, were chaotic, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Never thought I'd live to see the day when I'd have to turn to Russia to find out what is going on in my own country.

If my Grandpa were alive he's # his pants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join