learn more

RT Destroys Corporate Media Blackout, Airs Full 3rd Party Debates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

For what it is worth, what we regard as freedom, justice and democracy is slowly improving in Russia and Ukraine. The overall trend over the past twenty years has been one of improvement. Yes, there are still problems and there will be for many years to come.

Compared to the west, there's no improvement there's only a marked acceleration in the erosion and degradation of these values.

Oh come on.... We all have our right to our opinions. We don't have a right to create our own facts. You make Russia sound like a beacon of freedom. This is just a step too far in the modern effort to turn black into white and up into down. Russia? Freedom? yeah... RIGHT... for about 6-8 years centered in the 90's. I don't know about the Ukraine and former Soviet possessions but Russia itself is headed back to the bad old days and pretty quickly.

The Russian authorities must stop curtailing freedom of expression and assembly, Amnesty International urged after the country's parliament adopted a bill that hikes up fines 150-fold for protesters taking part in unsanctioned rallies.

The move by President Vladimir Putin's United Russia party means those participating in "unsanctioned public meetings" can be fined up to 30,000 rubles ($900 US) and up to 300,000 rubles ($9,000 US) if the event causes damage to property or causes injuries.
Source

Claims a Russian opposition member of parliament's assistant was abducted in Ukraine and forced to return to Russia where he has alleged he was tortured or otherwise ill-treated must be investigated, Amnesty International said in a letter to the Russian Federation Prosecutor General.

Reportedly, Leonid Razvozzhayev was interrogated by the Investigations Committee of the Russian Federation on October 22, 2012, three days after his abduction from Ukraine, which followed his approach to the United Nations’ High Commissioner for Refugees Office in Kyiv to seek asylum.
Source

During the summer of 2012, the Russian parliament passed and President Putin signed a series of laws that will raise fines on protesters, impose limits on the Internet, make slander a criminal offense, and require nongovernmental organizations that get funding from abroad to register as foreign agents.
Source

If people would like to take Russia's version of our own events and news over the version our people give us...and assume one is fundamentally more accurate than the other, that's a personal thing.

However, really, so much with the distortions to make Russia look and sound far better than they are for the current state of affairs with Human Rights, Freedom and accuracy of information supplied by the Russian central Government. They are not our friends...and they never have been. They can be international partners and that'd be great in good faith. Friends? Hasn't worked since World War II...and that was a TENSE "friendship". (and I never even mentioned the rock band they sent to do serious prison time for their protest.
)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I watched the whole debate . Thanks OP

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I haven't read all the way through, but RT didn't do anything special, except cater to their audience just like all the cable shows do. CSPAN also aired the debates.

The viewing audience for the 3rd party debates was not going to be big enough to warrant the major network coverage. CSPAN covered it, and it makes sense that a few novelty outlets like RT would cover it. There was no "blackout" there was just limited interest.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
I haven't read all the way through, but RT didn't do anything special, except cater to their audience just like all the cable shows do. CSPAN also aired the debates.

The viewing audience for the 3rd party debates was not going to be big enough to warrant the major network coverage. CSPAN covered it, and it makes sense that a few novelty outlets like RT would cover it. There was no "blackout" there was just limited interest.

Limited Interest ? you should say Limited coverage . Other MSM never told the people that there were other candidates .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

True, I guess you could say there is limited interest because there is limited coverage. The MSM certainly hasn't expended any energy identifying the other candidates.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by UltraMarine

True, I guess you could say there is limited interest because there is limited coverage. The MSM certainly hasn't expended any energy identifying the other candidates.

Of course the MSM won't expend any energy advertising any third party candidates...it might actually break the red vs blue stranglehold that the dems and repubs have had over the American public for so long now. I mean, imagine putting Gary Johnson on national television and informing regular folks that he and not Obama will legalize pot....well I can guarantee you there would be a hell of a lot more people voting for Johnson just based on that alone...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
2 party election system is like dictatorship . Sorry for those other candidates
edit on 26-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I like RT News. As many other people have mentioned in this thread they touch on news stories that other MSM networks wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (triple bagging as it were, lol). Either because their told not to or too scared, in fear, of reprisals from their bosses. I say good on them for doing this. At most it would give, hopefully, many americans pause to consider their choice for who they would like representing them in government. At least, well, hopefully it would show any international groups that watched the 3rd party debate that not all american politicians are warmongering id10ts.

PS. Lets see if anyone can spot the IT term in this post, lol.
edit on 26-10-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Details on the FINAL debate to be held in Washington DC...

Finalists to Square Off October 30th

Free and Equal Elections Foundation today announced that Gary Johnson and Jill Stein will advance to the final Presidential debate on October 30th from 9:00 to 10:30 Eastern Time in Washington DC. The debate location will be at RT America’s state of the art studio and facility. RT America will open its studio and offer a live, neutral feed via satellite to interested media. The moderator will be announced on Monday, October 29th.

Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode, and Justice Party candidate Rocky Anderson participated in the first debate.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

I watched the whole debate, and even the audience were allowed to clap and make some noise for their favorite candidates, unlike during the debates for Robamney. I think Gary Johnson spoke passionately, and said so much more with fewer words than Obama or Romney ever could. The one guy in this debate sounded like he had a speech impediment or something and really wasn't articulate with his words. Jill Stein sounds like she wants to take the environmental ideas of the Obama administration and advance them to a whole new level. Hasn't she ever heard of Solyndra? The other guy was most in tune with Johnson's message but just wasn't that memorable for me. I now know why they didn't invite Johnson to the Obama/Romney debates. He would have wiped the floor with both of them.
Really awesome debate all around!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The only crappy thing is very few people watch RT or CSPAN. Truth has no chance.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

I couldn't agree with you more! What Vladimir Putin did to erase Russias debt was just amazing, and if only we could get someone into the White House here, like Gary Johnson or Ron Paul, that would seriously try to do the same thing... I think RT really sees the potential in the US to really get ourselves out of the mess we are currently in, and they also see that Obama and Romney refuse to change course as we approach the cliff. Neither one of them is going to do a thing to help we the people. My guess is, that is the reason why RT supports the less heard voices in our political system, because they need to be heard! Your right, Russia does have its problems, but its far better than the corruption in America right now. Anyone that doesn't see that isn't getting the bigger picture. I would rather at least know that I am less free, as it is in Russia, than be under the illusion that I always have been free, as it is in America.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You guys know RT is owned by the Russian Government right.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well lets see 3rd party us presidental debate held on a Russian Government owned TV network. Yea like ill vote for any of thoes people

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is rather ironic in a big way that the US media won't even pay lip service to a real debate, but that our old arch nemesis Russia DOES give coverage to what the american electorate should have been able to view on mainstream media.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by ZeroReady
So it was an awesome debate and everything but how many threads do we need on it?

Third-party presidential debate
THIRD PARTY Presidential Debate Thread
**LIVE NOW** Third party candidates debate moderated by Larry King.
LIVE: Third Party Presidential Debate on RT
US third party debate scheduled for Oct 23

How many romney-obama threads do we need? The main debate has probably 5 times more threads for it then this so called third party debate. Why are you a sore loser?

I'm not a sore loser. i just want to be able to type in "third party debate" into ATS search and find all the information I need in one thread. ATS is important to me for research and it gets frustrating when there's dozens of the same thread topic.
Sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche

Originally posted by Antonio1
reply to post by Caltrops

Yeah, we can totally trust everything on Russian state owned T.V., they never have an agenda.
Also, I have to agree with a previous poster, it is highly inappropriate for a Russian state run "news" outlet to try and affect an American election.

RT didn't host the event, they only aired it, as did cspan. All of these candidates existed and ran on these point far before RT agreed to air it.

I fully agree that RT, like any state sponsored news shouldn't be trusted, but this wasn't and RT event, they didn't pick the candidates and tell them what to say. They where merely one of the outlets allowed in to cover it, they aren't effecting the election in anyway other than helping to cover 3rd party candidates who have been treated as if they don't exist in the rest of the media.

Thats fair enough, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

Thanks for turning me on to this!

She's more likeable than any of these women "reporters" on TV.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Also to OP: Great post...at first I was voting Obama, but then I heard Third party sides and had a radical change of heart.

Definitely going with Jill Stein.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread got so many threads, we had discussions on this debate the day it happened and only around 5 active members were following it live here on ATS and discussing about it. The 3rd party debate thread was 4 pages long while the mainstream debate thread was 44 pages long.

We need to go back to our anti-establishment, 'underground' roots here on ATS.

I hope all of you will join me and the others discuss the second third party debate between GJ and JS next Tuesday in the Election 2012 section.
edit on 27-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join