It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will 'Anonymous' Bomb Threat Throw Election for Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Will 'Anonymous' Bomb Threat Throw Election for Obama?

www.prisonplanet.com

A You Tube threat to bomb a government building along with a plan by other members of ‘Anonymous’ to storm the White House and Congress in an attempt to arrest government officials the day before the presidential election could provide the right crisis for Barack Obama to secure a second term.
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
I'm not sure where to post this.
So im putting it here.
I dont know what to make of this.
I know alot of people say that this group is BS.
That being said,what if they are now more than that?
Its a pretty bold and scary statement to be made by anyone.
Im familiar with past threats,having to do with cyber attacks,this is the first i've seen with any mention of a physical threat.

Guess time will tell.
Your thoughts?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That's not the "Official" Anonymous... Just some dude/s pranking and/or causing a lot of trouble.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just my humble opinion, but I agree with the fact this is a poser. The whole mask and date has gone to this jokers head. Not much of a threat if you blurt out all the details before it happens. Supposed to man up and take responsibility after the attack. Terrorism 101.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Whats it matter... Obama or Romney its like saying which foot do you want me to kick you in the nuts with

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
That's not the "Official" Anonymous... Just some dude/s pranking and/or causing a lot of trouble.

I like that response... Because that's exactly what most of Anonymous is... a bunch of angry kids with too much time on their hands that attack businesses and corporations out of malice and boredom.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Short answer is no

Long answer is that Anonymous is, by and large, individual trolls claiming to be part of a huge faceless group. On occasion, there is a single, unified body called Anonymous; these occasions occur when the individuals who think of themselves as Anonymous all have the same aim. The Scientology protests and Wikileaks are examples of those rare occasions which have made the public think that Anonymous is a political organization.

The fact is that Anonymous is not an organization, but the truest expression of techno-anarchy possible. Most of those who know Anonymous only through Wikileaks and Scientology are unaware of their prior work, which includes such highly political actions as "Milhouse Is Not A Meme" and "Boxxy-chan", not to mention the raids on Habbo Hotel to create swastikas with black-skinned avatars just to tick people off.

What I am driving towards here is this: the idea that the body of Anonymous could be mobilized in order to perpetrate a Reichstag Fire level of false flag is even more absurd than the already absurd idea that more than perhaps a dozen "members" of Anonymous would unify for the sort of political action that bombing and arresting the US government would constitute.

It's just not a feasible action for a group that is only a group in the loosest of senses and at the strangest of times.

As for throwing the election -- only people already afraid of the Obama government, or other small sets of fringe voters who buy into Anonymous youtube videos, are even going to be effected by this video. Those in that first group will already be voting against him, and those in the latter group are not large enough to effect the outcome of the election on their own.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Solasis because: forgot details

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This will end with some kiddo going to prison for a really really stupid idea of a prank.

Mark my words.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I feel bad for all those people who are on any "anonymous" mailing list or people who frequently browse sites who claim the name Anonymous.

One day we will see on the news how Anonymous has been declared a terrorist organization in the event something bad happens and someone claims responsibility for the attack under the guise of Anonymous.

Lets just hope these cyber security bills, that have thankfully not gotten through, do not pass as it will be open season on Americans or residents of many other countries across the world.

The idea of a false flag and Anonymous going hand in hand is quite possible. The possibility of a CIA program seems more plausible as time goes on.
edit on 24-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If Alex jones is covering it we are perfectly safe. Nothing the guy proclaims is going down ever happens.

edit on 24-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Regardless of if this is a joker or not, Anonymous wouldn't do anything like this.All this would serve, and the threat alone serves is to throw Anon onto even more of a 'Most Wanted' list.

Whether they go ahead with anything like this, remains to be seen I guess.

Very Odd :/
edit on 24-10-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

When they are arrested they will quickly find anything bomb related isn't looked upon as a prank.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a similar post asked similar questions on another thread. The version of speech synthesis used in this video is far inferior to the Kurzweil? synthesizer used by the real guys (it costs a bit more too!) The synchrony is also crraaap! So I think this is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I really can't see "anonymous" getting off of their mommies and daddies couch in the basement to actually do anything.
Other than a few who are serious, most of "anonymous" are just little pre-teens getting their jollies on idiotic sites like 4chan.

Originally posted by Doalrite
Whats it matter... Obama or Romney its like saying which foot do you want me to kick you in the nuts with

This has to be the most hilarious - yet honest - posts I have read in a long time. Great point.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Funny. Another source say that Isreal will bomb Iran to push Romney. It seems both are thinking about bombs... That's not the America our forefather would have wanted to see. Two presidents dragging the world into chaos while they are battling for the POTUS position.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Cleverbot told me that it would look like Iran bombed Israel, when really the UN would do it under orders of Bilderberg and the U.N.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Everyone knows the video is a forgery. Rumor has it that it's actually Karl Rove masquerading as Anonymous. The guy will stop at nothing.

top topics

join