It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House e-mails told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by Destinyone
Greta on FOX, is all over this story....John Bolton was on her show...he is outraged.

Des

John Bolton was one of the dick heads who maneuvered us into Iraq - his outrage is laughable,
seriously.

He should have been hung for treason long ago
edit on 23-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

I laugh heartily at your naivety - J Bolton IS very likely the most promising candidate for Secretary of State under Romney/Ryan and what a tremendous mess he will have to clean up following the BHO/Hillary Clinton debacle............the entire first year will be dedicated to that alone.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

John Bolton started a war on false pretenses. That's TREASON and treason is a capital offense in this country. Bolton should be tried and executed as a traitor.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Any idiot with an email account can claim responsibility.

Now, tell me, whats the difference between:

A. a group of angry Muslims ransacking a house and killing a US ambassador
B. a group of angry Muslims who have a name for their group ransacking a house and killing a US ambassador

2nd,

What did you expect Obama to do when he received that email? order a nuclear strike? outlaw terrorists?

Also how did they know the attack wasnt in relation to the video? just because a group who declares themselves terrorists admitted to an attack on a consulate doesnt mean their motives werent related to the video.

I'm still of the opinion the video was an Israel jab at Muslims to provoke such attacks, makes me think all these 'leaks' and accusations against the Obama admin are Israeli operatives in the government doing their best to assist a Romney victory.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Well...there you go thinking again.

Don't you know that the President's REAL job is to make hyperbolic claims and sweeping generalizations about the Middle East based solely upon the hearsay of completely unvetted and non-substantiated "intel"?

A "real American" would have gone on TV and made sure to tell everyone that terrorists are bad. How would we know that terrorists are bad if the President doesn't call them "evil" for us on national TV? A good President would have also been sure to make at least one or two references to The Crusades before proceeding to start carpet bombing a country that had nothing whatsoever to do with the attacks in Libya. I mean....why not just go ahead level Turkey? They have brown skin over there too, you know.

...and we wonder how it's possible that we got ourselves stuck in a pair Wars of Faulty Intelligence. Just look at how these people are making "decisions".

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Greta on FOX, is all over this story....John Bolton was on her show...he is outraged.

Des

John Bolton was one of the dick heads who maneuvered us into Iraq - his outrage is laughable,
seriously.

I laugh heartily at your naivety - J Bolton IS very likely the most promising candidate for Secretary of State under Romney/Ryan and what a tremendous mess he will have to clean up following the BHO/Hillary Clinton debacle............the entire first year will be dedicated to that alone.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

John Bolton started a war on false pretenses. That's TREASON and treason is a capital offense in this country. Bolton should be tried and executed as a traitor.

I'd agree with that, the trial part anyway, punishment is best left to juries to decide. I'd also put George W. Bush in the dock, along with Dick Cheney. That being said, Barack Obama needs to stand before the bar as well.

The man is a LIAR to his core, and those who support him on this issue have drunk WAY too much Kool Aid and have no business posting on a site that claims to Deny Ignorance.

"Anyone can send an email." Really?

Can "Anyone" send an email from one government computer to another? If YOU send an email to whitehouse.gov claiming responsibility for some type of attack do you think that the President will see it two hours from now? No he won't. You may get a visit from the FBI in a few days, but the President will never know about it.

These were emails that were sent from one government agency to another. To doubt their veracity is beyond stupidity, venturing well into obamanation.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What we as citizens of the US did not expect is that our President, in direct contradiction of the facts and all practical sense, would go before the American people, the United Nations and the World and qualify our outrage and repsonse for the unprecendented violence that killed four Americans and that he would try to spin a story for potical expedience rather than taking repsonsibility; and that he would blame others (surprise) rather that make sure our Embassy was protected to begin with.

OUTRAGEOUS. HE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE ELECTION.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012
These were emails that were sent from one government agency to another. To doubt their veracity is beyond stupidity, venturing well into obamanation.

Yes. Because taking the "intel" at face value worked out so wonderfully in Iraq. Clearly, our intelligence agencies are absolutely competent...that's why nobody has ever even once crashed any planes into our buildings and it only took us close to a decade of looking in the wrong country for Bin Laden. Likewise, since no computer anywhere on earth has ever been hacked even a single time, we can safely assume that just because it came from a .gov email...it MUST automatically be authentic. Similarly, it's not like we discovered in 2001 that an FBI agent was acting as a double-agent for the KGB.

No...the mere fact that a government bureaucrat allegedly sent an email ought to be enough to get the President of The United States to start laying blame and naming names without doing ANY do diligence or fact-checking of any kind whatsoever.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
And? You need to fact check before you declare something as 100% reality. Anyone can send an email.

It is a good thing they actually waited and gathered all the information........

edit on 24-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Well...at least one of my fellow Americans has learned SOMETHING from the "faulty intel" fiasco in Iraq that cost us 10 years, a trillion dollars, and 800,000 dead Iraqi civilians.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What we as citizens of the US did not expect is that our President, in direct contradiction of the facts and all practical sense, would go before the American people, the United Nations and the World and qualify our outrage and repsonse for the unprecendented violence that killed four Americans and that he would try to spin a story for potical expedience rather than taking repsonsibility; and that he would blame others (surprise) rather that make sure our Embassy was protected to begin with.

OUTRAGEOUS. HE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE ELECTION.

Yeah! It's totally unprecedented. No US Embassy has ever been attacked other than these 31 times!

1926 United States Montevideo, Uruguay & Buenos Aires, Argentina Bombings following the trial of Sacco and Vanzetti.

1927 United States Republic of China Nanking, China Nanking Incident

1964 United States Libreville, Gabon 1964 United States Embassy in
Libreville bombings

1965 United States Saigon, South Vietnam 30 March 1965 Saigon Embassy bombing

1968 United States Saigon, South Vietnam Saigon Embassy attack

1971 United States Phnom Penh, Khmer Republic(Cambodia) In response to undeclared US military action in Cambodia

1979 United States Tehran, Iran Iran hostage crisis

1979 United States Islamabad, Pakistan 1979 U.S. Embassy Burning in Islamabad

1979 Tripoli, Libya 1979 U.S. Embassy Burning in Libya 1979 U.S. Embassy Burning Libya

1983 United States Beirut, Lebanon 1983 United States Embassy bombing

1983 United States Kuwait City, Kuwait 1983 Kuwait bombings

1986 United States Jakarta, Indonesia (See: Japanese Red Army)

1987 United States Rome, Italy (See: Japanese Red Army)

1990 United States Tel Aviv, Israel Failed 1990 US Embassy attack in Tel Aviv

1998 United States Nairobi, Kenya 1998 United States embassy bombings

1998 United States Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 1998 United States embassy bombings

2002 United States Karachi, Pakistan 2002 US consulate bombing in Karachi

2004 United States Tashkent, Uzbekistan Tashkent embassy bombings

2004 United States Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Jeddah consulate attack

2006 United States Damascus, Syria Damascus terrorist attacks

2007 United States Athens, Greece Embassy of the United States in
Athens

2007 United States Vienna, Austria [citation needed]

2008 United States Belgrade, Serbia 2008 Serbia protests

2008 United States Istanbul, Turkey 2008 United States consulate in Istanbul attack

2008 United States San‘a’, Yemen 2008 American Embassy attack in Yemen

2011 United States Damascus, Syria 2011 Syrian uprising

2011 United States Kabul, Afghanistan 2011 Kabul Attacks

2011 United States Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnian Sniper Attack

2012 United States Cairo, Egypt 2012 attack on the American Embassy in Egypt

2012 United States Benghazi, Libya U.S. Consulate attack in Benghazi

2012 United States Sanaa, Yemen 2012 attack on the American Embassy in Yemen

The fact that the President didn't totally lose his sh^t and start randomly bombing somebody who had nothing to do with the attacks just like we did in Iraq is an outrage! In fact...it's so outrageous we should just throw our entire system of government right in the trash and not even BOTHER with elections anymore!! The Hell with the Constitution...we shouldn't even make an ATTEMPT to return to it because we are angry and that line of thinking has not ever gotten us in trouble before!! We lost almost a couple million Americans in the Civil War (military & civilians) and over a quarter million in WWII and 58K in Vietnam...but these four guys were so important we should just physically remove a sitting US President from office three weeks before an election! Panic! Panic! Fear! The TV is telling me to be angry and willfully ignorant of the basic US History a fifth-grader is expected to know! I'm OUTRAGED!!

After all...other than the 31 other times this has happened...it's UNPRECEDENTED!! Plus...the President is a black guy!! Let's just allow ourselves to succumb to knee-jerk reactionism!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This article is interesting on CNN and its lies. There is a video clip within the article with respect to the Egyptian Riots. No surprises if the same was done with the Benghazi riots.
LINK

edit on 24-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The problem is nobama wants everyone to think he 'ended terrorism, that al queida is gone, that it all ended when bin laden was taken out.he is very far from the truth.
As a matter of fact, they KNEW of a possible attack SIX HOURS prior to the assault, did he beef up security? No. Did he do ANYTHING to protect the people there? No. He sat back and did NOTHING, like has done throughout his term in office, because he 'ended terrorism'
He's a traitor and should be immediately impeached

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The main point that most people are missing is that this is a DIRECT RESULT of the US/NATO illegally overthrowing and causing the assassination of the leader of another country(yet again), in which the Ambassador was directly involved. (not to mention the destruction of the country/infrastructure and the complete chaos it's now in for the civilians whom once had the highest standard of living in Africa). This is the LEAST of their lies about Libya. They shouldn't have done what they did in the first place. They are trying the same thing in Syria. The ridiculousness of arguing about who's lying about the lie caused by another lie which they are all lying about boggles the mind.
edit on 24-10-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Treason By Administration In Libya?
Karl Denninger The Market Ticker
networkedblogs.com...

Going down the rabbit hole a little deeper the cover-up unfolds. Our real mission in Libya pertained to buying portable anti-aircraft missiles that we supplied Gaddafi or the Rebels and then wanted to get them back.

Not only are there emails that form hard documentation that the White House knew that this was a raid and not in response to some "Youtube video" in addition they knew damn well what they were doing there and that the "mission" was a high-value military target in that it held both large sums of cash and weapons.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I'm not surprised.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Des

seriously.

Hillary Clinton too? How about Bill? Or are you another youngster with no idea how we actually got in to Iraq?
edit on 24-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
The main point that most people are missing is that this is a DIRECT RESULT of the US/NATO illegally overthrowing and causing the assassination of the leader of another country(yet again), in which the Ambassador was directly involved. (not to mention the destruction of the country/infrastructure and the complete chaos it's now in for the civilians whom once had the highest standard of living in Africa). This is the LEAST of their lies about Libya. They shouldn't have done what they did in the first place. They are trying the same thing in Syria. The ridiculousness of arguing about who's lying about the lie caused by another lie which they are all lying about boggles the mind.

THANK YOU!! I've been saying that since the day American Terrorist Chris Stevens turned up dead. The guy killed 50,000 innocent civilians in Libya...who in their right mind thinks that there might not be a couple fo people real angry about that?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Des

seriously.

Hillary Clinton too? How about Bill? Or are you another youngster with no idea how we actually got in to Iraq?
edit on 24-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

We got into Iraq because when pappy Bush was Director of the CIA in the '70's he armed and funded Saddam Hussein and the Ba'ath Party. The same Ba'ath Party which Assad is part of in Syria right now. I don't know what reality you are living in...but I'm pretty the Clintons were still smoking grass and having orgies when most that was occurring.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Treason By Administration In Libya?
Karl Denninger The Market Ticker
networkedblogs.com...

Going down the rabbit hole a little deeper the cover-up unfolds. Our real mission in Libya pertained to buying portable anti-aircraft missiles that we supplied Gaddafi or the Rebels and then wanted to get them back.

Not only are there emails that form hard documentation that the White House knew that this was a raid and not in response to some "Youtube video" in addition they knew damn well what they were doing there and that the "mission" was a high-value military target in that it held both large sums of cash and weapons.

Imagine that. Once again fighting our weapons being used against us from brutal regimes we put into power in the first place.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As soon as I heard they were trying to pin this on the spooks I knew NSA/CIA would leak out the TRUTH. "Screw with us, we end your career!"

At least with Watergate no one died. Not so much with Libya.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by 3chainz
And? You need to fact check before you declare something as 100% reality. Anyone can send an email.

It is a good thing they actually waited and gathered all the information........

edit on 24-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Well...at least one of my fellow Americans has learned SOMETHING from the "faulty intel" fiasco in Iraq that cost us 10 years, a trillion dollars, and 800,000 dead Iraqi civilians.

I'm amazed there are so many people that still don't know Iraq was all about the Russians and their WMDs they spirited out to Syria ahead of the 93 invasion to try and secure them. The "faulty Intel" was the hit Bush decided to take so the Russians didn't get directly into the conflict which would have ended in a thermonuclear war. Everyone lose/lose.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"Hillary Clinton too? How about Bill? Or are you another youngster with no idea how we actually got in to Iraq?"

I took it to mean "Should these people be tried as war criminals as well as John Bolton and Bush?" To which my answer is a resounding YES.
(Though I'm not sure that's what the poster meant.)
They are all lying war-mongering hypocrites and the lying war-mongering media should be considered war criminals too.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"I'm amazed there are so many people that still don't know Iraq was all about the Russians and their WMDs they spirited out to Syria ahead of the 93 invasion to try and secure them. The "faulty Intel" was the hit Bush decided to take so the Russians didn't get directly into the conflict which would have ended in a thermonuclear war. Everyone lose/lose."

Really?! Reminds me of a joke-
"How did Bush know Iraq had WMD's?"
"Because he kept the receipts."

I'm not claiming that Russia are the good guys, but don't fool yourself and try to fool others that Bush was/is some altruistic hero. That's ridiculous and contemptible. It was about what it's always about- geopolitical maneuvering, resource stealing and war profiteering, mixed up with double crosses and double dealing. A big sick game of Risk with our money and our children's lives.

(btw, sorry, I don't know how to quote posts the proper way yet)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join