White House e-mails told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack

page: 1
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Reuters network, long sympathizers of the Obama administration, has revealed that the White House received emails advising that a Muslim militant group claimed credit for the Benghazi attack within the 1st two hours; including email to the "Situation Room" while Obama was there!


Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.

www.reuters.com...

While the Obama administration waited until September 28 to "officially" attribute the attack to Muslim militants, it appears they chose a different "cover" story while hiding the actual knowledge they gained within hours of the attack, at least until other reports, including those of the Libyan government, forced them to admit the truth.


The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.

The brief emails also show how U.S. diplomats described the attack, even as it was still under way, to Washington.
...
Administration spokesmen, including White House spokesman Jay Carney, citing an unclassified assessment prepared by the CIA, maintained for days that the attacks likely were a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film.

While officials did mention the possible involvement of "extremists," they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on September 28.

www.reuters.com...

While many seem to have wqritten this off as an election issue, the MSM and former sympathizers now appear more willing than ever to "flesh-out" the details of administration incompetence and deceit.

jw




posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's good to see that some folks in Washington, want the truth to surface...

This should be front page news.. we will have to wait and see if the MSM decides to dig deeper and grills the WH during their next presser...



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Greta on FOX, is all over this story....John Bolton was on her show...he is outraged.

Des



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What took them so long to come clean ?

I bet they had meeting after meeting and kept analyzing and analyzing day after day.

Why?

The political fallout and voter perception.

It backfired.

They screwed up on the initial security.

Then they scrambled to find "experts" to cover their rear ends.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297
 


This story beats out anything Trump *thinks* he has. I hope the MSM doesn't try to shove this under the rug with all the other crap, this administration is guilty of. Too bad it didn't come out before the final debate.

Des



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes because it's reliable intel if someone claims to take responsibility for an attack. It's not like they all flock to take claim at any attack they possibly could



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps
 


But the ADMIN were quick on the draw to blame a video?

YT video vs a FB Terrorist claim..

Let's go with the video.. :shk:

edit to add..

and while we are at it.. make sure my bags are packed for Vegas.. can't cancel that appearance




edit on Tue, 23 Oct 2012 22:56:01 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yes because it's reliable intel if someone claims to take responsibility for an attack. It's not like they all flock to take claim at any attack they possibly could


reply to post by PsykoOps
 
Too bad for your sympathies that the "claim" came after earlier attacks on the consulate, threats, and attacks upon other diplomats. You seem to beleive all this took place in a vacuum.

The Obama administration and its State Dept. certainly knew of the nature of the threat and the link to Muslim militants long before they sacrificed Americans to political expedience.

jw


edit on 23-10-2012 by jdub297 because: quote



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Any idiot with an email account can claim responsibility.

Now, tell me, whats the difference between:

A. a group of angry Muslims ransacking a house and killing a US ambassador
B. a group of angry Muslims who have a name for their group ransacking a house and killing a US ambassador

2nd,

What did you expect Obama to do when he received that email? order a nuclear strike? outlaw terrorists?

Also how did they know the attack wasnt in relation to the video? just because a group who declares themselves terrorists admitted to an attack on a consulate doesnt mean their motives werent related to the video.

I'm still of the opinion the video was an Israel jab at Muslims to provoke such attacks, makes me think all these 'leaks' and accusations against the Obama admin are Israeli operatives in the government doing their best to assist a Romney victory.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)


+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Any idiot with an email account can claim responsibility.

Now, tell me, whats the difference between:

A. a group of angry Muslims ransacking a house and killing a US ambassador
B. a group of angry Muslims who have a name for their group ransacking a house and killing a US ambassador

2nd,

What did you expect Obama to do when he received that email? order a nuclear strike? outlaw terrorists?



I guess being honest is too much to ask for.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

What did you expect Obama to do when he received that email? order a nuclear strike? outlaw terrorists?



I expected a response that was more Presidential, and less Wag the Dog...



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Greta on FOX, is all over this story....John Bolton was on her show...he is outraged.

Des


John Bolton was one of the dick heads who maneuvered us into Iraq - his outrage is laughable,
seriously.

He should have been hung for treason long ago
edit on 23-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Fair enough,
but 1-2hrs, let alone 1-2 days after the attack you want him to take some random email claiming responsibility as gospel?

and like i said whats the difference between a group of angry Muslim youth compared to a group of angry Muslim youth who give themselves a collective name?

add to the mix that large protests were going on at other embassies because of the video at the same time gives me credence to the video motive.

... i just think people are really looking for anything and everything to discredit Obama at the moment, its becoming way to overblown!



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


I would agree with you if this was the only news on the timeline..

it isn't, it's just another bit of leaked info, added to the testimony before Congress, and other reports that has me totally disgusted with the handling of the attack on the consulate..

So I do have that bit of bias going on here, nothing against you at all..

Apologies, if I came across too combatant



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn
 


nah y'all good!
alls fair in love and war!


Obama woulda been in a difficult position but, on on hand he has to help and assist this country pick itself up, but on the other he cant pretend there isn't anti-American hatred out there.

I wouldnt like to be him thats for sure.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297
 


oh sure they did, was it from osama bin laden by chance?

"While many seem to have wqritten this off as an election issue, the MSM and former sympathizers now appear more willing than ever to "flesh-out" the details of administration incompetence and deceit. "

So IM sure well see a mass lay off of all the incompetent people? Not holding breath lol


edit on 24-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: sp
edit on 24-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: ed



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
And? You need to fact check before you declare something as 100% reality. Anyone can send an email.

It is a good thing they actually waited and gathered all the information........



edit on 24-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by Destinyone
Greta on FOX, is all over this story....John Bolton was on her show...he is outraged.

Des


John Bolton was one of the dick heads who maneuvered us into Iraq - his outrage is laughable,
seriously.

He should have been hung for treason long ago
edit on 23-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)


I laugh heartily at your naivety - J Bolton IS very likely the most promising candidate for Secretary of State under Romney/Ryan and what a tremendous mess he will have to clean up following the BHO/Hillary Clinton debacle............the entire first year will be dedicated to that alone.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
From the OP's source:


"Briefers said extremists were involved in attacks that appeared spontaneous, there may have been a variety of motivating factors, and possible links to groups such as (al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and Ansar al-Sharia) were being looked at closely," the official said.


The administration position all along has been that an extremist group took advantage of the demonstrations (that were occurring at several US Embassies) against the video. Personally I think it was the right thing to do to try to defuse the cause of the protests that provided enough fog for the Benghazi tragedy.

I'm not a fan of Obama or Clinton but I just don't see how their statements have been in the least bit, apologetic, wrong or deceitful.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
The Reuters network, long sympathizers of the Obama administration, has revealed that the White House received emails advising that a Muslim militant group claimed credit for the Benghazi attack within the 1st two hours; including email to the "Situation Room" while Obama was there!


Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.

www.reuters.com...

While the Obama administration waited until September 28 to "officially" attribute the attack to Muslim militants, it appears they chose a different "cover" story while hiding the actual knowledge they gained within hours of the attack, at least until other reports, including those of the Libyan government, forced them to admit the truth.


The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.

The brief emails also show how U.S. diplomats described the attack, even as it was still under way, to Washington.
...
Administration spokesmen, including White House spokesman Jay Carney, citing an unclassified assessment prepared by the CIA, maintained for days that the attacks likely were a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film.

While officials did mention the possible involvement of "extremists," they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on September 28.

www.reuters.com...

While many seem to have wqritten this off as an election issue, the MSM and former sympathizers now appear more willing than ever to "flesh-out" the details of administration incompetence and deceit.

jw




Yes. Because the United States should not ever research our "intelligence" to see if it's actually accurate before making broad generalizations, or public statements sure to have significant diplomatic repercussions.

That strategy proved super-effective when it came to WMD's in Iraq...so why not just go ahead and continue it. If the White House gets an email identifying a "bad guy"...let's just take it at face value and not even allow that it might be faulty intel and that perhaps we should rely upon more than just hearsay.

Brilliant plan.





new topics
 
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def