It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 12 Imam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think this guy closely fits the description of the 12 Imam. Forgive me, cause I am fairly uneducated about Islam. However this guy does fit the description. His name would be Mohamed. I first took an interest in him when Obama payed him a visit a while back. He's also heavily involved in a UN Human Trafficking Program.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's been making news lately.
allafrica.com...
gulfnews.com...
www.wam.org.ae...
www.thenational.ae...
www.ameinfo.com...
www.arabianbusiness.com...

Anyways heres a few more wikipedia links.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

According to Twelver Shi'ite doctrine, he is an actual historical personality and is the current Imam and the promised Mahdi, a messianic figure who will return with Christ. He will reestablish the rightful governance of Islam and replete the earth with justice and peace.

Here is a thread from earlier, I believe the two are in close relation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=892929

The person in this thread I believe is in close relation to the crowned prince of UAE.

In any case the NWO is drawing near. The new President of Egypt also makes a fair candidate. In any case we will know when this person reveals himself in Jerusalem.

Anyways, I don't go into much detail about him, cause I want you all to research for yourselves.
What do you think?
edit on 23-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I can describe a person in our future to a tee. I can even name him. One day he will come along.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

I am all ears.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If he is the 12th Imam then where is Jesus? This guy didn't descend from heaven he is of mortal birth.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The Mahdi is a Twelver Shia belief and apparently will be Shia himself - the people you mention are Sunni.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The 12th Imam is a twelver shia concept, the Mahdi isn't, necessarily. According to twelvers, the 12th Imam was born ages ago, then hid away, and will come back in the end times. So your guy doesn't really fit the bill.

I'm not sure your guy fits the bill for the Mahdi either. Genealogically, he's from the Al Nahyan family, which is from the Bani Yas tribe, which is unrelated to the Prophet's line. Physically, he does seem to have a high forehead, but not very much of a long nose (although it IS curved). And the whole world of muslims haven't been simultaneously informed of him either.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

For education and clarity etc could you please give a brief summary of the general Sunni viewpoint of The Mahdi etc.

My personal perception is perhaps clouded a bit by conversations with a few Iranian friends, (one passionately anti-religious and other's who are a bit more 'traditional'), and reading about the current Iranian regime, it's leader's and the political structure within Iran.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
kust two sources on the 12TH IMAM

www.youtube.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

A majority of Shiite Muslims traditionally believe that the “12th Imam” (Islamic religious leader), born in 868 A.D., was placed by God into hiding (known as occultation) until the day of judgment.

Though most strains of Islam have a belief in the Mahdi, Shiites traditionally believe he is Mohammed ibn Hasan, the 12th in the line of imams who were descendents of the prophet Mohammed. Though they do not know when the Mahdi will return, they believe he will come to end the misery of his people.

Although Shiites and Sunnis often battle against each other, as is currently the case in Iraq,
Wagner noted common efforts among both groups of Muslims to destroy Israel, which is a critical part of Islam taking control in the world and thus ushering in the Mahdi.

“They feel like one of the major blocking points is Israel, and that is one reason why they feel like they must destroy Israel,”...

mirrors the fanatical end-timers in Christianity, No ?
edit on 24-10-2012 by St Udio because: forgot a slash

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm not very well versed on this exact topic. All information on the Mahdi is from the Hadith, and it is not mentioned at all in the Quran.
As far as the Sunni viewpoint goes, the traditional view is that the Mahdi will be from the family/clan of Muhammad, and thus will be a normal born person who grows up in that era (as opposed to the twelver shia idea that the Mahdi is the 12th Imam who was "occulted" in the 10th century, and will re-emerge at the end times). The Mahdi will fight against the anti-christ, and it will be during this time that Jesus is supposed return descending from the heavens and defeat the anti-christ. This will lead to a final era characterised by peace and justice for all. The Mahdi will then rule for a certain number of years, and when he dies, then Jesus will rule for 40 years before also finally passing away.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
In his latest UN speech, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the following concerning the Twelfth Imam, also known as the “Mahdi"

He will come to grant kindness, hope, freedom and dignity to all humanity as a girl.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I was initially surprised that I hadn't noticed that in his speech.

One or two transcripts do indeed display that translation but the official transcript has it reading

-He will come to grant kindness, hope, freedom and dignity to all humanity as
a gift
which makes much more sense considering the frequent usage of the word 'he'.
mwcnews.net...
gadebate.un.org...

What is really strange is that after copying the phrase from the document and pasting it the word 'gift' is replaced with the word 'girl'.

I for one have absolutely no idea whilst this would be - maybe someone more technically aware than I am will be able to offer an explanation.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You do realise the 12th Imam is not the antichrist, don't you?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I read somewhere that the 12th Imam will be speaking Hebrew and that he will rule using the law of David...(some say he rules using the Talmud).... and that most of his followers will be Jews.

Things just got a whole lot wierd now didn't it?

edit on 25-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

They sure are weird. Nice avatar btw.

Anyways, I posted this one hastily. But back when I did research on it I think he is related to the guy from Qatar going to Gaza strip and part of his name is kalifa (caliphate). They might both be Sunni, but for those who aren't paying attention, the crowned prince of UAE is also called by many the KING and UAE happens to be one of the most prosperous places in the world right now, despite the world wide recession.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
What is really strange is that after copying the phrase from the document and pasting it the word 'gift' is replaced with the word 'girl'.

I for one have absolutely no idea whilst this would be - maybe someone more technically aware than I am will be able to offer an explanation.

That's a "scanno", the same as a "typo" but made by OCR (optical character recognition) software. Having done some work as a volunteer text reviewer for Project Gutenberg I have seen many of those, words that exist (and that's why they were chosen by the software) and that are visually similar but not similar in meaning.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The Bible foretells the coming of the Antichrist, a person who will claim to be the Messiah of the Jews. Muslims expect the coming of a person known as the Mahdi or the 12th Imam. Some people believe these will be the same person. You can find a good explanation of these similarities.

www.arewelivinginthelastdays.com...

Daniel 9:27 tells us that the antichrist will make a seven year covenant with Israel which will enable them to rebuild their temple and resume the sacrifices required by the Torah. This would require ending the hostility between Jews and Muslims. A person whom the Jews regard as their Messiah and the Muslims regard as their Mahdi would have no trouble doing this.

Here are some links that give more information about this subject.

www.raptureready.com...

www.gotquestions.org...

answering-islam.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theophilus40

The Bible foretells the coming of the Antichrist, a person who will claim to be the Messiah of the Jews. Muslims expect the coming of a person known as the Mahdi or the 12th Imam.

The muslims also await the coming of Jesus Christi.... who they also believe will kill the anti-christ.
The Mahdi = anti-christ theory is nonsense propagated by Christian fundamentalists.... either out of ignorance on as to who Muslims accept as the Messiah or out of a malicious intent to deceive their flock.

For some reason, these fundamentalists cant fathom the fact that another people accept Jesus as messiah, so they try and deny this fact in a number of ways.

A person whom the Jews regard as their Messiah and the Muslims regard as their Mahdi would have no trouble doing this.

But its the Jews who reject Jesus as the messiah.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
For some reason, these fundamentalists cant fathom the fact that another people accept Jesus as messiah, so they try and deny this fact in a number of ways.

Really? Who are these people? The Jews don't accept him as their Messiah.

Jesus said that the Messiah must die and rise from the dead after three days.

Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
(Luke 24:45-47 ESV)

Muslims deny his death and resurrection so they obviously don't consider him the Messiah.

Who else is there besides Christians?

A person whom the Jews regard as their Messiah and the Muslims regard as their Mahdi would have no trouble doing this.

But its the Jews who reject Jesus as the messiah.

That is precisely why they will be deceived by someone who claims to be the Messiah.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theophilus40
Muslims deny his death and resurrection so they obviously don't consider him the Messiah.

I think that although Muslims deny Jesus' death and resurrection, they also consider him a messiah, it's supposed to be one of the things in which their religion is based.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theophilus40

You are making up your own stipulation that Jesus can't be the messiah in Islam just because they don't believe Jesus died and was resurrected.

I know Christians cant stand the fact that another people consider Jesus as the messiah. Sorry, you cant keep the messiah all to yourselves.

Who else is there besides Christians?

Muslims know Jesus as Isa al-Masih, i.e - Jesus the Messiah.
Nobody else in Islam has that title.

Through Islam 1.3 billion people on earth today, have come to accept Jesus as messiah. Instead of celebrating this fact, Christians are bitter about muslims having Jesus as messiah and try and deny this fact. I'll never understand why.

top topics

join