It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well hello everyone. I've been reading posts for a long time and finally decided to join so I can add my two cents. I am a 38 year old wife and mom of 3 from England living in the USA. I'm not great with the computer (as seen by my avatar attempt) so don't beat me up I'll get better, I promise......so with one giant leap I enter ATS with the hope of giving and receiving a little bit more of the infinite light!
edit on 22-10-2012 by Scottiesgem because: Because I'm new and didn't know what I was doing! Sorry.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hello and welcome to ats
i like your intro direct right to the point and it allows me to impose my own responce care free,

welcome enjoy the roses and watch the steps to the spa (slippery)

the men in white coats will be along shortly

xploder

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
hello and welcome to ats
i like your intro direct right to the point and it allows me to impose my own responce care free,

welcome enjoy the roses and watch the steps to the spa (slippery)

the men in white coats will be along shortly

xploder

It is rather direct and to the point - I like!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scottiesgem

Casper...is that you.....

No it's not...It's Scottiesgem, who filled in their OP...YAY!!!!!

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...I think you'll find a lot of people who have done the same at one time or another...including myself. I look forward to meeting you in the forums....

Des

edit on 22-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
welcome to the site Gemma, i take it, it is Gemma
You are a woman of few words

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just click edit in the top right of your post. Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

Unless of course you used invisible ink, in which case I need the special formula to see it.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thank you XPLodER.....I didn't expect a response so quickly...seems I've got to be on my toes...and yes my name is Gemma, not very a popular name in the States, but as common as they come in England! Thanks again for the welcome.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes I boofed! Too quick with the return button I'm afraid.....learning thou.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scottiesgem
reply to post by XPLodER

Thank you XPLodER.....I didn't expect a response so quickly...seems I've got to be on my toes...and yes my name is Gemma, not very a popular name in the States, but as common as they come in England! Thanks again for the welcome.

i gave you a flag to start your collection

i hope you feel free to join in any where,
main thing is to have a go

hope you enjoy yourself

i know i do

xploder
edit on 22-10-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks for the flag (smile) Is there a special place where I'm alerted about replies or do I just go to the thread directly?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Scottiesgem

I gave you a flag too....I think they bestow immortality or something like that....

You don't receive notification when there is a reply to your posts. You'll find using the *myATS* tab at the top, setting it up the way you like, will work well for you.

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des for both the flag and the info....I've found my thread in "myATS" much easier thanks!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You've done better than I have - still no avatar! (Call me noncommittal). Welcome to the boards! My advice is read up on the rules, speak true, be respectful, and don't get hung up on the stars and flags. It's a great place to check in for news even if you don't always post. Expect to stumble at first. We all do...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

***Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and help us "Deny Ignorance"***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Welcome! Your avatar attempt went much better than mine at least! As you can see....or not, ha ha! I too have children, which is why I still have this avatar issue..need TIME ha ha! When I have time I will have to find myself one.. One that WORKS I mean..darn these crazy computer contraptions...so confusing!! Anyway, good to have you here!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hello ..

Not sure of that way shows you replies to all your posts .. or only the topics you created ...

At the very bottom right of this window .. you should see a little black square saying 'show ribbon' ..
Clicking that extends a riibbon ... Click on messages ... Opens your messages ... On the left hand side .. click on 'replies' ... This will show any direct replies to your posts ...

Sounds a bit long winded, but isnt so bad ... but only works so long as the person replying to your post, actually uses the reply button, on your post ... Going directly into each topic, you may see other replies that werent linked directly to your comment ... I suppose its best to do both ...

Sorry if its information overload .. i have yet to master the art of explaining myself concisely in one liners ...
Someone else here who knows what im talking about probably has a much better way of keeping tabs on things

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Thank you, your info was helpful.....I did read thou no one liners so you don't need to be too concise I guess
I'm starting slowly maybe a while before I engage in a discussion.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ConstantConfusion3

You should of been a fly on my wall as I was trying to not only, get the right size GIF, which I had no clue what a GIF even was. I was doing it on an iPad whilst my 6 yr old was whining to have a turn! So I gave up the pad and moved to the comp....success I thought until I saw it spilt in half! Oh well......

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
You've done better than I have - still no avatar! (Call me noncommittal). Welcome to the boards! My advice is read up on the rules, speak true, be respectful, and don't get hung up on the stars and flags. It's a great place to check in for news even if you don't always post. Expect to stumble at first. We all do...

Thank you.....I hope you don't mind me using your comment as an experiment with the "quote" button.......I will take your advice humbly

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Scottiesgem

Hi, I'm new too, from the US.

Don't feel bad about your avatar--heck, I don't even know HOW to make an avatar. Hope this post is long enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join