It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead Season 3 Open Thread SPOILER ALERT if you’re not up to date.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm thinking you are probably right. The phone call could possibly be all in his mind.

On the other hand, it is also possible that there IS somebody on the other end of that phone. It is a very large prison. There could be other generators located elsewhere. And the phone is most likely hooked up to an in-house switchboard and unable to make calls outside of the prison.

You do have to keep in mind that they have not explored the entire prison yet. It is very possible that somebody else is still alive. But most likely, this is not the case.

And speaking of people that could be alive, whatever happened to Carol (Sophia's mother)? After T-Dog sacrificed himself for her, what happened? She ran outside and was never seen again. Next thing we know, Darryl Dixon is placing a cherokee rose on what I assume is her grave.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Thanks for you reply Allenidaho! All very good answers, and thoughts!

Very well could be that the phone is hard wired to like the Wardens office, or something else like that, I had not considered that.

And yeah Carol, that whole issue is a big missing part that had me a little confused.

We shall find out later this evening! I really enjoy this program

looking forward to this evenings episode.

Now for some fun here.. (-- Could it be, that some telemarketers are calling Rick, for a survey. Can I take a few moments of your time, we are doing a marketing poll on how you feel about the zombie Apocalypse!)

We all know, nothing can stop these guys, not even a zombie Apocalypse! heh

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Sorry to spoil it for you, something ive been doing this entire thread

but the phone is dead and he is using it to talk to his also dead wife, its all in his mind.
I dont know how far theyll take it in the show but in the comic, he actually carries it around with him, everywhere he goes so he can talk to Whorie.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
GODDAMNIT WHY CANT I RESIST SPOILERS?!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

I really dont mind them, never have.
Do you know that they did a study on people (yes they actually wasted money on this)
They determined that the group that knew how a movie turned out, actually enjoyed more than the ones that didnt.
Yep

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by zysin5

Sorry to spoil it for you, something ive been doing this entire thread

but the phone is dead and he is using it to talk to his also dead wife, its all in his mind.
I dont know how far theyll take it in the show but in the comic, he actually carries it around with him, everywhere he goes so he can talk to Whorie.

LOL Whorie! love it.. Glad she is dead anyway.. And no worries, its why I am here.. One page back I had made the claim its possible that since Rick has lost his mind, the phone call will all be in his head!

So is Darryle going to step up as group leader? Will Rick remain insane?
Is that really Shawns baby?

And is Carol dead?

Thanks man!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

edit on 11/18/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

So is Darryle going to step up as group leader? Will Rick remain insane? I dont think so.
Is that really Shawns baby? The general consensus and in the comic, yes.

And is Carol dead? I had said previously that she comes back as a zombie however, I got other information that says just the opposite, darryll goes out searching and finds her in a cell.
Dont hold me to it though, the information could be BS

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

All the same, cool! thanks for the insider info!
I have not read the comic book, but plan on doing so when the whole series has come to an end!

Now I am reaching really far out in the future here.

What kind of outbreak are they dealing with here? Was this a world wide Zombie infection?
Any chance for these remaining pockets of humans to retake what was taken over by zombies?
Or was the infection level just so bad, that there is no chance of reclaiming any zones?

Or was it just contained to the USA? IF this is a world wide zombie infection.. I would say they are pretty much screwed. Lots of people in the world, and if 95% of them are now zombies, the herd groups could grow into the 100,000's. I do not care how bad ass you or any group are.. It would be tough to deal with a her of zombies 100,000 strong! LOL
Even herds of 15-35k is bad news, and could tear down any walls, just out of sheer pile up on top of eachother.
Zombies do not need to breath, nor do they get tired.
People do, and people need rest.
A large army of zombies, your best bet.. Get some air horns, and duct tape down the button.. Throw them into the group of zombies and run the other way.. And keep running, and making distractions.

Or like Michonne, neuter a bunch of zombies, and surround yourself with them.. Try to blend in..

But My next question is.. These zombies.. I understand they do not smell brains.
But do they sense the living no matter how many neuters zombies you have around you.

Or are they just attracted to sound and movement?

Like in the comics.. What are these zombies senses ? Ive seen in the show they are able to hide from the zombies.. So they can not sense the living, like some zombies. And they do not able seem to "smell" the living either. But from what I have seen, they are drawn by sound and movement.

You could very well, if you could get your hands on some big bombs.. Herd them up.. And blow them up. And thin the herd so to say that way.

And lastly.. Do these zombies start to get smarter? Or do they remain.. Undead primal mental state.
Or will they start learning, and getting smarter as time goes on.

LOL so many questions.. Hope you don't mind me bending your ears so to say here!
Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In the beginning of the TV series the zombies could smell the living. There was one scene where they drenched themselves in zombie guts and blood and walking right through them all. But they don't seem to care too much anymore. I wonder if they just naturally smell like zombies without trying now.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
In the beginning of the TV series the zombies could smell the living. There was one scene where they drenched themselves in zombie guts and blood and walking right through them all. But they don't seem to care too much anymore. I wonder if they just naturally smell like zombies without trying now.

Wow, Enjoies05! its been like 3 years since I have seen you around here! Glad to see you are still on the boards!
When I saw your post name.. I had to drop in and say hey!!!

Also thanks for that info, I did not catch that at the start of the series that they could smell the living.
I just thought they where drawn to the movement and screams made by the living.

As zombies, they just lumber about. And humans, well they have jerky movements, and tend to scream and yell when they see their first zombie.
Once you are use to the zombies. the reaction is different. And you tend to scream less.. Not shoot guns when dealing with 1 or 2 walkers. And tend to remain a bit more calm.

But my questions still stand in my post ^^^^^.
nice to see you again Enjoies05!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

All the same, cool! thanks for the insider info!
I have not read the comic book, but plan on doing so when the whole series has come to an end!

Now I am reaching really far out in the future here.

What kind of outbreak are they dealing with here? Was this a world wide Zombie infection?
Any chance for these remaining pockets of humans to retake what was taken over by zombies?
Or was the infection level just so bad, that there is no chance of reclaiming any zones?

Or was it just contained to the USA? IF this is a world wide zombie infection.. I would say they are pretty much screwed. Lots of people in the world, and if 95% of them are now zombies, the herd groups could grow into the 100,000's. I do not care how bad ass you or any group are.. It would be tough to deal with a her of zombies 100,000 strong! LOL
Even herds of 15-35k is bad news, and could tear down any walls, just out of sheer pile up on top of eachother.
Zombies do not need to breath, nor do they get tired.
People do, and people need rest.
A large army of zombies, your best bet.. Get some air horns, and duct tape down the button.. Throw them into the group of zombies and run the other way.. And keep running, and making distractions.

Or like Michonne, neuter a bunch of zombies, and surround yourself with them.. Try to blend in..

But My next question is.. These zombies.. I understand they do not smell brains.
But do they sense the living no matter how many neuters zombies you have around you.

Or are they just attracted to sound and movement?

Like in the comics.. What are these zombies senses ? Ive seen in the show they are able to hide from the zombies.. So they can not sense the living, like some zombies. And they do not able seem to "smell" the living either. But from what I have seen, they are drawn by sound and movement.

You could very well, if you could get your hands on some big bombs.. Herd them up.. And blow them up. And thin the herd so to say that way.

And lastly.. Do these zombies start to get smarter? Or do they remain.. Undead primal mental state.
Or will they start learning, and getting smarter as time goes on.

LOL so many questions.. Hope you don't mind me bending your ears so to say here!
Thanks in advance!

It is a worldwide outbreak. When they were at the CDC, the scientist, Jenner, told them that the French were the last to fall.
He also told them that EVERYONE is infected.You will become a zombie when you die, regardless if youve been bitten or not.
Yes, its been said they can smell the living but that can change according to a particular plot, the writers arent all that consistent on some things.
And yes, sound draws them in really fast, which is why they choose to use knives, axes and machetes over rifles.
I recommend that you go to a certain site that they dont like me saying on here and download the complete season 1 and 2 if you havent seen them.

cya

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thanks buddy! Yeah I have a short term memory.. Now that you say it, I remember back when at the CDC, Jenner did say the french where the last to fall.. and that everyone is infected!

So the writers are still not sure on how they want to go with these zombies themselves. Makes sense.. Guess I will see how it plays out.
Thanks for your reply and stuff! I have seen all the episodes from the start. I just have so many questions jumping around my mind I forget what I know myself.. lol

But over all.. Everyone is screwed.. Once you die, bitten or not, you become a zombie. And a world wide infection. is BAD news. Very bad news.. lol
Maybe they will surprise us and find some kind of cure. A cure is their only hope. Inject the cure to the living. And then hope you can deal with the Billions of other zombies world wide. (slight chance.)
1-3 zombies are nothing. not that big of a deal.. 1-3 million zombies, BIG problem.
The only other chance to win, its to outlast them.. and hope the zombies starve, and can no longer move. Or that they decay to the point they are no longer able to walk. But then you would have lots of crawlers.. And pretty much got to wait for them to rot away. But in winter months, that would slow down the rotting process, and freeze them. Then next spring, thaws them out, and you would have them to deal with. ITs the HOT tropical weather that would rot them the fastest. But not sure how the writers are going to deal with that one either.
Even if you have access to military grade missiles, and nukes. You would still have those hillbilly Zombies that are forest walkers, and then you have to think.. How many zombies have gone into the ocean? Just walking across the sea floor. I remember they did mention, (a Swimmer.) In the well on the farm.

They are F%#ked! LOL!

I do not foresee any hope for the human race with these facts of the show in mind.
The only way to to make more babies.. And hold out in a cleared zone. But once people die, as they always do.. You have more zombies to deal with.. And your once cleared zone, becomes uncleared and it starts back over again..
Brutal! That is why I love zombie stuff, and the undead!
For every army to battle VS an undead army.. Every man that falls, the undead gains +1 to their army.
Undead do not get tired. Undead do not need sleep. They seem to need to eat, but hunger only drives them faster.. AS hunger to the living tends to slow them down..

------Side note--off topic------
I use to be a big D&D paper and pencil gamer/DM. Anytime I wanted to end a party, or story line, I would toss them into Ravenloft, or put them in some undead based campaign. It never ended well for them.
As Walking Dead, they do not have the option of bringing in a priest to turn undead, or a mage to AOE the hell out of zombie packs!
But that is getting far off topic here.. sorry bout that.. I just love all things zombie/undead!

Forget about the new age Vampire fluff crap.. I want real undead, nasty mean, and unstoppable!!
edit on 18-11-2012 by zysin5 because: Edit 1.1

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Ha, yea me too. Ive watched every zombie flick that I can find on TPB and trust me ive seem some lame ones BUT they are zombies and they are cool.
I never did D&D but I do have a mage on WoW that I havent played in about two years and of course I played the hell out of the Nazi Zombie mode on Call of Duty.

Like your hair btw, (if thats you in your avatar) pretty cool

How many zombies have gone into the ocean? Just walking across the sea floor. I remember they did mention, (a Swimmer.) In the well on the farm.

Oh, he was more of a floater. He fell in and bloated up and stayed floating.
The only movie ive seen where the zombies crossed water was "Land of the Dead" but they walked under water to cross the river.
It was actually a decent zom movie.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
told ya

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That's funny that the smell thing happened right after we had talked about it.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Aside from Glen being a punk and letting Merle ruin everyone's day.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

I do not foresee any hope for the human race with these facts of the show in mind.
The only way to to make more babies.. And hold out in a cleared zone. But once people die, as they always do.. You have more zombies to deal with.. And your once cleared zone, becomes uncleared and it starts back over again..
For every army to battle VS an undead army.. Every man that falls, the undead gains +1 to their army.
Undead do not get tired. Undead do not need sleep. They seem to need to eat, but hunger only drives them faster.. AS hunger to the living tends to slow them down..

You should watch the movie "Fido". It basically deals with a similar zombie scenario. Even though they killed off most of the zombies and have huge safe zones, you still become one when you die. So in "Fido", they have these panic buttons all over the place and the zombie equivalent of dog catchers constantly patrolling the neighborhood. When you die, you can get a head coffin or cremation to ensure you are actually dead and not some zombie doomed to spend the afterlife buried in a coffin.

They also developed these dog collars to keep the zombies in line.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Does it ever say in the comics who is responsible for this outbreak?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Like your hair btw, (if thats you in your avatar) pretty cool

Good Call Juggernog! I am going to make you my official Walking dead insider

You called it, and it went down as you said!

Thanks! Yeah that is me. After 6 years, I finally decided to post a self avatar, with my maiden T-shirt on.
But its a purple wig, I do not walk around in my everyday life with that wild color hair. heh
So not my real hair.
Enjo
Yeah I was upset to see Glen take that from Merle. Bad ass or not, that is his woman.. Glen had a really close shot, and had a bead on his forehead. You would think after shooting all those zombies in the head.. He could have taken the head shot on the Merl. But that would have made things to easy, and would not have fit into the writers story block.
But in all truth, Glen was pretty much point blank. Ive seen Glen shoot Walkers dead in the head from much further distance. soo..
on that..
Yet I must say.. this was a great episode!

Rick was talking to "the past people who he lost". Guilt must have been driving him to talk to them in that manner maybe? But at first, I thought it was going to be a real call..
As I did some research before watching about the comics.
There is a family of Cannibals from the comic books right?
So I thought maybe the Cannibal family was calling the prison at first.
Then it become clear, that it was all in Ricks head,, Once I heard him start talking to "whori".. LOL still love that nickname for her.. its going to stick..

Then we have zombie guts that get all over Michonne. And the Walkers just walk on past her.
So that tells me now.. Zombies are going by sense of smell. And Jerky movements, and sounds.
Or fear. If a person is covered in zombie blood and guts. And does not make any sudden jerky moves.. Or shows any kind of fear, it seems the walkers take them as just another walker...
Very interesting part on how the writers put that one out there.

And now Andrea is taking up the role of being a bit clingy and sleeping with the tough guy who is the bad boy of the time and place.. LIke she was all HOT over shawn, after taking out those walkers.
So now she is all HOT over the Gov. As she knows he is a bad boy deep down.

Also.. The Gov. Was not buying Merle's lie. heh, You can not bullsh%#t a bullsh%#ter! LOL
But since the Gov just lost a whole group of his men, I think he just let Merle slide for now. That one will come back to bite Merle, and I hope its Michonne who buries her Sword deep in his head!

Just for a small amount of time, they made Merle out to be somewhat likable. But this episode put him right back into the D-Bag pile. Guess people like that just can not change.. Once a D-bag, always a D-bag.

And I do not think Merle's brother is going to take to kindly to his brothers actions.
Darryle for all his hard tough guy stuff.. Deep down is a good guy.. and is an honorable guy.. Worthy of leadership IMO. I found it a little amusing, when Darryle was talking about his mother.. Saying how she was burned by her Virgina slim.. And Carl was like.. "well I had to shot my mom in the head."
Can not top that for traumatic experience mother wise.. The kid took it pretty well, and is going to grow up to be one tough SOB. Granted he makes it to adult hood.

Then they find Carol, hiding out in the isolation cell. Something seemed wrong with her.. Maybe just tired, and hungry. But Carol and Darryle I am sure will hook up at some point.. I just do not sense any real sparks there. Unlike Glen and Maggy, they had sparks and it shows.
Andrea and any "badboy" have sparks that show.
But she seems to be picky, and goes for the alpha bad boys.. Could tell she was not into Merle, even tho he is a "badboy" Merle is just a D-bag boy.. lol

So I am really looking forward to next weeks show. Merle knows where they are via Glen and Maggy.
Ricks group knows about the town Woodbury Via Michonne. So that should be a good show down right there.

As those two groups are not going to be getting along well.. Unless however the Gov is taken out, and Merle is taken out, and Rick becomes the new Gov.

But by that time, once Rick becomes the new Gov. The poop will hit the fan, and woodbury will be overrun.

They where saying something about a red zone.. So a red zone must be an area totally overrun.
And all that shooting, is just drawing more and more herds closer to that town.

Its only going to take one massive herd group to totally over run woodbury IMO...
So.. I await for next weeks show down.. These keep getting better and better!!!

And I will be keeping an eye on this thread for any new tips or insider information you are going to be dropping for us here Juggernog!
What can you tell me about the Cannibals from the comic books, and where do you think they are going to fit into the TV show?

edit on 19-11-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
That's funny that the smell thing happened right after we had talked about it.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Aside from Glen being a punk and letting Merle ruin everyone's day.

Totally agree with you here! If my boyfriend and I saw some dude with a knife for a hand, and kept on creeping up on us like that.. He would have been shot, without a question. They even said.. Don't come any closer. And he kept on moving closer and closer.. SHOOT that mother!!! I think they would have learned that lesson by now, the living are just as dangerous as the zombies!!! And a dude with a knife for a hand.. No, he would have taken 1 step past when I say stop.. I would have stopped him with a bullet in the chest, or head.

Glen really dropped the ball on that one.. And if my BF allowed something like that to happen, he would be sleeping outside with the zombies for the next couple weeks.. LOL

But in all seriousness.. I think Merle caught Glen off guard and we all know Glen is not known for his guile.
Glen is a good guy, but he tends to freeze up when he is thinking about Maggy. And he was thinking to himself, what would his brother think if he just shot him down.. Glen was trying to do the right thing.. But ended up doing the wrong thing by trusting Merle.

reply to post by allenidaho

Fido huh? Thanks, I will have to check that out

I can never get enough zombie type stuff.. Guess its the total horror nerd in me that just craves more Zombies!!
Plus I enjoy getting my self so scared, that I have dreams about zombies!
To me really scary zombie dreams are like getting on a roller coaster. Scary as hell... But once you get off the ride.. Its like.. OH I want to do that again!!! But at the time, its very intense and always wake up. Like whew! Glad that was a dream!!! LOL Am I weird for enjoying scaring myself into have nightmares?

edit on 19-11-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was kinda hoping that Rick would get a "phone call" that went something like this...
Ring. Hello.
Hey Rick, this is your old buddy Shane, you know, the one you stuck with your knife.
Well, guess who just showed up? Yep, Whorie's with me and Im bangin her every night.
Rick would have a total breakdown

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join