It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead Season 3 Open Thread SPOILER ALERT if you’re not up to date.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would have to say Season 3 started off with heart pumping action.

"The Walking Dead" continues to shatter ratings records. The Season 3 premiere of AMC's popular drama had 10.9 million viewers at 9 p.m. and 15.2 million when factoring in the encore. It was up 50 percent compared to the Season 2 premiere.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Im not one to squirm or even "jump" when pop ups happen in movies but the walking dead is different. There not afraid to kill off main characters and thats what makes this show awesome! You'll never know when they might take out your favorite character or when someone loses a leg.

Episode 2 of season 3 aired last night! WOW. So what do you guys think of Rick now? He takes out the prison leader, leaves the other guy locked outside with the zombies, and he's super heartless to his wife. Rick is taking on a more darker character.

Im also liking how carl is taking on a bigger role, he's no longer a kid but a 12 year old zombie hunting man that his mother cant let go of.

As for Lori, I think shes going to get axed, there phasing her out and i think shes going to be zombie bait for sure.

Whats your thoughts!?

edit on 22-10-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

If you have spoilers please say so in the tittle or say so at the start if the thread. A read a little bit and stopped because there are spoilers. I haven't seen eps 2 yet.

Much appreciated
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Those are awesome ratings. I honestly didnt expect viewership to be that much higher than the previous two seasons.
As far as the character development goes. Daryls chilled out a bit more after going off on his tangent about the Sophia thing.
I dont like Carl, even more so now that hes walking around in the stupid sheriffs hat.
Never liked Whorrie, cant wait for her to get eaten and not in the good way, lol.
T-Dawg is finally stepping up and becoming useful.
Carols still just Carol
Ricks undergone the biggest change. It just took a few months for him to realize that its survival of the fittest, against the "walkers" AND humans

"The Walking Dead" continues to shatter ratings records. The Season 3 premiere of AMC's popular drama had 10.9 million viewers at 9 p.m. and 15.2 million when factoring in the encore. It was up 50 percent compared to the Season 2 premiere.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I want this thread closed!

(I haven't seen it yet!)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Im so sorry guys/gals, I dont know what i was thinking. ( well i was thinking everyone seen it already) I changed the title but i know its to late for some of you.

come back when you catch up

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im so sorry guys/gals, I dont know what i was thinking. ( well i was thinking everyone seen it already) I changed the title but i know its to late for some of you.

come back when you catch up

S'all good.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh and if you are a Dish subscriber, you will be very happy about this news.

IMDB

AMC and Dish are finally done arguing
After several bitter months, AMC and Dish have settled their lengthy legal battle and war of passive-aggressive words, ending their carriage dispute before AMC was forced to issue any more gloating, “Not Available On Dish” ads over episodes of The Walking Dead. In fact, Dish agreed to settle shortly after that show posted its latest record-breaking numbers—seemingly disproving the provider’s original complaints that AMC didn’t provide enough viewers to justify its renewal fees, which was definitely the real problem and certainly not all the “separate matter” that AMC and Dish were also involved in a nasty lawsuit »

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, That's what i wanted at first but I'm watching it tonight. So, I might want to participate tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thank you

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They kinda walked into it knowing you would be discussing the latest episode......no room to complain

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Seen all episodes and even I was shocked at the start of 3.

Nothing but a blood bath.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was so wrapped up in this show. It's filmed about a half an hour from where I live so there is a LOT of local buzz around the entire thing to begin with. But it started losing me, plot wise, at the end of last season.

Rick suddenly has become more Shane than Rick.
Carl needs his butt beat. Bad.
Daryl needs to snap on Rick.
Glen needs to stand up and take Ricks place.
And Lori? Who even cares? She would be better off drooling and walking into walls anyway.

What I want more of? Mean women with swords and zombie gimps on chains.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ep2 is out?

Let's see if I can find it on TPB.

On topic, I have been waiting for 6 months and I think this is the best zombie series ever!

Ep1 was EPIC, and I really really really hope they don't pull the plug on this one. I wanna see them grow old lol

The walking dead can go on forever if I had a saying in this!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think they are making Rick more bad arse and have a darker nature to up the tension in the coming conflict with 'The Governor'. I would have split that one guys head too but leaving that one dude out to fend for himself was ruthless. I don't like that side of Rick. We didn't get to see the poor guy's demise so he may not be dead.

From the upcoming trailer I thought I caught a glimpse of Merle Dixon (Daryl's brother) locked away by the Governor. There is a lot of tension between him, Rick, and T Dawg so their reunion will be amusing. If he is locked up I'm guessing Daryl doesn't jive with the Governor either.

Who's side will Daryl take?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Yes and yes, it is at PB. Get the 720p [eztv] copy, its the best one

Ep2 is out? Let's see if I can find it on TPB.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
Ep2 is out?

Let's see if I can find it on TPB.

On topic, I have been waiting for 6 months and I think this is the best zombie series ever!

Ep1 was EPIC, and I really really really hope they don't pull the plug on this one. I wanna see them grow old lol

The walking dead can go on forever if I had a saying in this!

Yeah it's out.

Just watched it.

Want me to tell you what happens?

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
SPOILER.......................

STOP READING if your not up on episode 2

I want to know what the old man is going to do without a leg.... you cant be gimping around when you have zombies everywhere. He's now for the most part useless unless they make him a pegged leg. He cant even perform surgeries without two legs.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Rick was ruthless taking out the prison 'leader' but it had to be done.
I don't know why he left those other 2 prisoners alone though, they seemed friendly-enough?

Carl was useful going off and getting the bandages which shows he has the group at the core of his interests.

Lori saved Hershel but only to save her baby I think.

And did anyone notice Carol was being watched while she opened up that walker for practice? lol.

They've become a very efficient group though. They quickly took over that prison with authority.
Which leads me to believe they will eventually become the authority.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

He's a throwaway and he only matters to the plot as long as Lori is pregnant. The second she gives birth, miscarries, or has a zombie baby chew its way out of her - he no longer serves any purpose. In fact he is currently hindering the story line between Glen and Maggie.

As soon as the baby thing is resolved? I think he might go zombie, spontaneously. Making the rest wonder if it was due to the bite - or if they all carry the risk of it happening. That would ratchet the tension up dramatically.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm happy to say that I am glad that Rick is becoming a bit dark. Nobody (especially in that kind of situation) can stay that much of a goody two shoes for that long.

As much as I can't stand Lori, the character would have scored a few brownie points if she had backhanded Carl when he mouthed off at her the way he did. Time outs just don't cut it in the situation they're in, and if they don't get a handle on him soon - Oh boy!

This season is off to a rip roaring start! I hope it keeps getting better!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join