It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead Season 3 Open Thread SPOILER ALERT if you’re not up to date.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, I just had to chime in since I love this show.

I think they (Lori, Rick, everyone) need to realize that Carl is not your typical kid. He had to grow up fast and they need to see that a little more, instead of just thinking of him as the kid of the group. They should be training him, taking him with them when they clear walkers. Give him more and more experience so he doesn't go off by himself doing stupid (albeit helpful) crap. They need to show him the importance of sticking together instead of leaving him out all the time.

And somebody needs to steal and burn the stupid sheriff hat, BUT I think it is meant to be a symbol of good amidst all that darkness. Maybe Carl will grow up to be the man Rick *used* to be.

Are Michonne (sp?) and Andrea lovers, or just friends?

Besides looking really awesome, what purpose do Michonne's pets serve?? (Too bad I don't like comics, maybe I'd have all these answers already)

What is with Andrea being all weak and wearing the huge baggy shirt... is she preggers too? If so, maybe she is the one who is going to have a zombie baby, instead of stupid Lori. I think that would be an interesting twist on figuring out how the virus works...

I like Hershel, and I am glad he didn't die.

I'm glad Rick took care of that inmate, but the other inmate, he should have just killed him outright, not let the walkers rip him apart. I get the whole survival of the fittest and all, but it's a shame he seems to have completely lost his humanity.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I think your spot on about carl. the problem is he is exposed to all this at a young age and will run into the problem down the line of just losing his humanity just like his father did when he locked that dude up with the walkers.

With all the killing and living day to day, he needs to be shown what life is really about otherwise you will lose yourself

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

She uses them as a deterrent in the comic and apparently in the series, she also uses them as pack mules.

Besides looking really awesome, what purpose do Michonne's pets serve?? (Too bad I don't like comics, maybe I'd have all these answers already)

Michonne first appeared on the road at an unknown distance away from The Prison Clothed under a hood, she pulled the shackled zombies of her boyfriend and his best friend along by chain to act as a deterrent to the undead. She cut off their arms and lower jaws so that they wouldn't attack her.

wikiwiki

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ETA: SPOILER ALERT. Sorry anybody who hasn't seen the newest yet.

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I would have to say Season 3 started off with heart pumping action.

First I have to say I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead.

"The Walking Dead" continues to shatter ratings records. The Season 3 premiere of AMC's popular drama had 10.9 million viewers at 9 p.m. and 15.2 million when factoring in the encore. It was up 50 percent compared to the Season 2 premiere.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Im not one to squirm or even "jump" when pop ups happen in movies but the walking dead is different. There not afraid to kill off main characters and thats what makes this show awesome! You'll never know when they might take out your favorite character or when someone loses a leg.

Episode 2 of season 3 aired last night! WOW. So what do you guys think of Rick now? He takes out the prison leader, leaves the other guy locked outside with the zombies, and he's super heartless to his wife. Rick is taking on a more darker character.

Rick did what he had to do. The crazy dude enjoyed beating that guy, who got stabbed by a walker, to death. That prisoner also tried twice to take Rick down before Rick responded. Sorry can't remember his name off the top of my head. In a large group democracy/republic's might work but in small groups someone has to take charge.

Im also liking how carl is taking on a bigger role, he's no longer a kid but a 12 year old zombie hunting man that his mother cant let go of.

As for Lori, I think shes going to get axed, there phasing her out and i think shes going to be zombie bait for sure.

Whats your thoughts!?

edit on 22-10-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I think Carl is starting to come into his own and wants to prove to his mom and dad that he has what it takes to survive before his sibling is born, to be able to protect himself as well as those around him. He's also showed interest in Hershel's daughter which brings another angle into the story. Hershel dying and being resuscitated is another huge twist to the story. Apparently he wasn't dead long enough for the disease to take hold, IMHO.
edit on 10/22/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So what's the ATS speculation on who was watching the older lady (sorry again, bad with names) practice a c-section on the dead walker? I think it's the group the black lady with the katana is with. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Haven't read the comics, so I can only speculate. I think more than likely it's the group who capture Michon and Andrea. However, I personally think it would be more interesting if it is the convict that Rick locked outside with the zombies- having miraculously escaped.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
SPOILER...........................STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN EPISODE 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW......

Thats all i have to say about this episode.
Its hard to go on and talk about this episode because im scared to give anything up to those that have not seen it yet. It was really powerful and to be honest I had a hard time sleeping last night because it was so raw. Andrew lincoln (Rick Grimes) disserves an award for his performance in this episode, and from the looks of it episode 5 will be just as strong. That last scene......man, words cant describe it. Im a grown man and i was crying along side my wife as we watched and i dont cry watching movies and shows.

It was a well done performance!!!!!
brovo Andrew

edit on 5-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I second everything you said.

Ah... right in the feels! I was so shocked and sad, I cried so much. I'm not spoiling anything either, but...

A friend and I had just been talking about how one of the important situations was going to be handled, and we always went back to the same idea. And it happened just like we thought. But just because I expected it to happen didn't mean the blow hurt any less.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I gotta spoiler last week from someone who supposedly knows someone that has an inside source that t dawg and lorrie was going to die this episode.
I got another spoiler today about carol, whos missing, will come back as a walker (didnt catch what episode it will happen in though) but well see how this guys batting average is after that but from what ive heard, hes been 100% accurate

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Ah, that's a bummer, I like Carol, am hoping she'll be around longer (we shall see though) and speaking of that, they're running out of characters, they'll need to introduce some new to the group soon...

edit on 5-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yea, I liked her and t dawg to, lorrie, not so much.
I think that the black prisoner dude will start meshing in with the group, since he saved rick but idk about axel.
In the comics, the axel character was a huge asset to the group, its not looking like thats gonna happen in the show.
I know some of you guys dont like spoilers but I really dont mind them, i actually kinda prefer whats gonna happen ahead of time

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This last episode was great. I had been feeling like we were just watching "filler episodes" while waiting for some real action, and it sure came in this episode! This episode made me gasp a couple of times, it was a good one. I didn't really expect that prisoner guy to still be alive, but I'm glad the other prisoner took care of him, he secured a place in the group. I hate that T had to die though, he seemed like a good guy. Andrea is starting to get on my nerves though, she needs to listen to Michon!

I think they need to clear that entire prison, a little at a time. This way if something like that happens again, they will be able to run inside without worrying about getting eaten.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Oh i'm GLAD that Lori died, she was annoying as fudge. Next person i want dead is the blonde from the army camp.

After those she gone, i would enjoy it. She made so many stupid mistakes, i'm watching and saying, "wtf are you doing!??? don't do that!".

_____

Anyone have any idea wth is up with the head collecting by the gov'ner? Why is he killing others? does he want a dictatorship? or does he only want females in the village?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I’m surprised at how many people hated Lori. I thought she was a very strong woman. I’m also surprised at how many people hate Carl too. The kid is growing up in a zombie apocalypse and I think he’s doing a good job at it so far.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was shocked to see Lori die. But I was ready for it as a character development aspect.

Sadly I broke down and began reading the Walking Dead comic wiki a week or two ago and kind of spoiled the show for myself. Curiosity got the best of me and now I am hoping that the writers make a decision to take the show in an entirely unique direction, rather than following the canon of the comic.

There is a LOT of potential that could be fleshed out if they ignore where the comic canon goes.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just a note here, there are 16 episodes this season and we are at episode 4 now, so 4 more episodes and then theyll have the mid season break until mid January, which I hate when they do that.

And Heff, Theyve been more or less canon so far, except for some character changes, so Id be willing to bet that they stay on that path.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
T-dog went out like a champ. I was sorry to see him die though. He was really starting to become a good character.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Season 3 is just great!
We have a zombie fight club, with Merle the bad mo fo! Neutered Zombies! Governors daughter, who IMO will more than likely be kept around, but they will end up neutering her too.. As she is a little dangerous with those chompers and burlap sack over her head.. lol

Some thoughts with some questions.. Feel free to reply if you can answer.
What I really live re the writing behind the show iz how and to the degree to which the various pockets of survivors cling to pre-ZA (zombie-apocalypse) personal and societal ethics and which ones they revise/adapt to a post-ZA world.

I really like that aspect.. as some people are in the whole mind set its not over.. they do not want to let go.. while some. they realize its over, and they are so hurt and jaded, they let go and tend to go down a dark path..

and even how the different isolated groups view the humanity/person hood of those turned to zombies -- how Herschel's survivor group still saw them as the people they were pre-ZA and kept them captive in their barn 'cuz they still have the familial/neighborly love-bond; while, on the other hand, Rick's group just sees them as blood-thirsty monsters/mutants void of the humanity they had prior to turning and how the gov's group uses them for gladiatorial entertainment.

and then there's how Me'schon (sp?) used a pair of them as "camouflage" to walk free-from-harm in the midst of other walkers.

The show is still stuck in the US southeast -- would love to see how survivors elsewhere in the country are faring, but I guess the comic book story-line the show's adapted from is stuck in that geographical region...

I wonder how they're gonna reconcile the gov. keeping his walker/biter daughter "alive" while at the same time keeping other walker/biter severed heads submerged in fish tanks.

Do you think the phone Rick "answered" rang for real or he just imagined he heard it ring in the grips of his delirium?

I just happen to think back on the old school warriors from like roman times, and those battle tactics would be very helpful.. a strong and tight group of fighters could hold out large groups of armed living other warriors.. So groups of zombies would not be to much of an issue.

And if you where able to grow an army, and revert back to the old style fighting system.. you could retake much of what was lost.

AS bits and scratches can not get through plate mail.. or chain mail armor.

But I am guessing these zombies are very strong right? and able to pull people apart.. Do they have like retard strength?

I am wondering what their strength levels are at.. and if they would be able to hold out verse a strong group of skilled line roman warrior types.. lets say 50 well trained, heavy armed and armored warriors.. could take out more than 300 hundred walkers..

The issue with fighting undead is, that undead do not get tired, or lose stamina.. the living fighters would end up getting tried and hit the wall at some point.

And once one man falls, the one that falls now joins the ranks of the undead.. is why undead are so nasty.. for every man you lose, they gain 1 more .

I just know full well the stats of D&D zombies.. but I would like to see a number stats of the zombies in walking dead.. Everything can be turned into a number system.. and that way I could get a better idea of what would work best, and what would more than likely fail.

AS these zombies do not smell brains. But if they see a living person .. they are then drawn to them.. But if a person is covered with undead filth. I wonder if they are sensitive to movement? sound or or smell? I am thinking more movement, and sound..

The living have a sertin movment, and are jumpy.. zombies are just lumbering along, and not making jumpy movments or yelling out of fear.. just moaning out of hunger.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Yeah I did like T-dog. But with his death, it would make any run in with Merle a little easier. As Merle would not have been a fan of T-dog, and I am sure he would have held a bit of a grudge.

On the talking dead.. that Face silicon T-dog head.. That looked so real!

They did such a good job with that!
I was really impressed with their T-dog casting they did with the silicon head when getting bitten in the neck!

And at least he did die with honor and was able to save the others by buying them some time, letting them chew on him.. Poor guy.. I was sorry to see him get offed.

But is what I love about this show! So many main characters get aced!
I am not a big TV fan, nor do I watch much Television. But this show has totally got me hooked!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Rick has totally lost his mind!

Does anyone else think that the phone call he is going to get, is going to be "all in his head".

I mean, they are running off limited power in that prison. And the phone lines would be down, and not working.
From what I gathered.. The phone lines would have been down months and months ago.. No working phones. So the phone call seems a little fishy to me.

So its in my personally feeling.

That Rick is sooo out of it mentally.. He will play out this phone call, but it will all be in his head..
And in reality.. The phone is dead.. And he will be talking to someone that is not real...

The phone call will be a reflection of his pain, and his sense of totally losing it.
As deep down he knows that baby, might not even be his.. But could be Shawns child.
Lori is dead. And the group keeps getting smaller and smaller.

I think Darrel, Crossbow dude, will step up and become the group leader while Rick is losing his mind.

I think Darrel would be a great leader, in place of Rick, while he regains his sanity.

Any thoughts? Before we get it on tomorrow??
edit on 17-11-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join