It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joyful joys of Job Seekers allowance just got more joyful in the UK

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

6.20 punds is like what 12 bucs an hour?(it is pounds right?) the minimum wage here is 8/8.50 starting..snip..no but really if thats suck pay, standard of living must be throught the freakin roof there? they dont care about standard of living in any country, just what kind of good guy/girl image they can promote for next elections.

You have hit the nail on the head, standard of living, (or more to the point, cost of living). Prime example. The price of a litre of diesel in our area is currently around the £1.40 mark (and thats a conservative figure). There's 4.54 litres in a gallon, so thats £6.35 a gallon. Current exchange rate is £1:$1.60. That works out to $10.16/g at the pump. Arguments about metric/imperial measurements for a gallon aside, its a considerable amount of money.

And lets not even get started on food.

Edit, actuall, lets. Just for fun.

Loaf of white bread. £1.30 or $2.08
Tin of Heinz Beans £0.68 or $1.08
A dozen medium sized eggs £1.98 or $3.16
Whole battery farmed chicken 2kg (4.4lb) (the cheap crap) £5.00 or $8.00
edit on 24-10-2012 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbo961
Everyone who has used the benefit system will know what a head f**k it is. Anyone who thinks it's an easy option is misinformed. There are no long term claimants with flat screen TV's living the life of Riley. That's a myth.

BS made me
want to tell me how a family next street to me both on benefits no jobs for many years could take their 2 kids to FLORIDA 2 years in a row.

They also have a top of the range people carrier, I had a run in with the dad one day when he drove round to have a go at some kids including mine about something that was said to his children.

Well I told the F_ t F_ _ _ to jump back in the car I paid for he said how do you pay for it
Well I said YOU and your F_ T ass wife dont work !! I do I pay the tax that pays for your car!!!

Now no one should be homeless no one should starve BUT a holiday to Florida is not essential neither is flat screen tv's

So it still happens I know some people are in real poverty in the UK but people like them take advantage of the system and others further down suffer!

edit on 24-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by robbo961
Everyone who has used the benefit system will know what a head f**k it is. Anyone who thinks it's an easy option is misinformed. There are no long term claimants with flat screen TV's living the life of Riley. That's a myth.

BS made me
want to tell me how a family next street to me both on benefits no jobs for many years could take their 2 kids to FLORIDA 2 years in a row.

They also have a top of the range people carrier, I had a run in with the dad one day when he drove round to have a go at some kids including mine about something that was said to his children.

Well I told the F_ t F_ _ _ to jump back in the car I paid for he said how do you pay for it
Well I said YOU and your F_ T ass wife dont work !! I do I pay the tax that pays for your car!!!

Now no one should be homeless no one should starve BUT a holiday to Florida is not essential neither is flat screen tv's

So it still happens I know some people are in real poverty in the UK but people like them take advantage of the system and others further down suffer!

edit on 24-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

For the record...Florida is one of the cheaper holiday destinations from the UK..its often cheaper than going to Spain..do you ever look up flights or holidays on the internet????.. The "top of the range people carrier" is probably a leased vehicle on the mobility scheme..These cars are paid for with part of peoples disability benefit....For all you know they may have won a few grand on the lottery to pay for the vehicle anyhow...
Now for the record...these fat people your complaining about...may well be legitimately claiming benefits...how the hell would you know if someone is fit and able to work or not...?????
There was a case on the news a few weeks ago about some poor bloke who had M.S. and his tosser of a neighbor spent years making his life a misery because his neighbor seen that somedays this guy with M.S> was in a wheelchair...and other days he was walking...so it was decided in this idiots mind...that his neighbor was a lying benefit cheat...so he made his life utter hell...due to his IGNORANCE and HATEFULNESS.
Ring any bells mate?
If you think people are living the life of Riley on benefits whilst you pay taxes like some kind of mug...Then nobody is stopping you joining them...or is it that you would love to join in on the supposed scam...but you cant? Because its not as easy to scam the system as you make out it is.
And i have no idea what your neighbor is like...he may well be a fat waster...but it was him complaining about your kids...Not vice verse...so keep your own house in order before you bi7ch about someone elses.

P.S. You know far too much about your neighbors who according to you...live a whole street away...Are you sure your even in work...because it sounds to me like you have far too much time on your hands if you know where a neighbor a street away goes on holiday two years running... I know of someone on benefits with neighbors like you..always phoning the council if he has a friend stay over for a night...as if he is having a sub tenant...cheating on his housing benefit. Nasty little hating fools.

edit on 24-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Jezus you gotta lot of nerve. Calling others self centered. The irony of your name is just too much. The whole planet is in a lot of trouble with these attitudes.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Those prices are spot on compared to the US besides fuel. Your fuel price is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To anyone in the UK who voted Tories, well done.
I am Scottish, we have devolution, part take care of ourselves, but are STILL under Tories rule even though they got about 2% of the Scottish Vote. The Scottish National Party are gunning for COMPLETE Independence from the UK and I can't wait for it to be a YES.

Anyone and Everyone in Scotland I speak to has 2 choices, Independence or be under UK rule.

I know what I will be voting for.
WHEN the Yes vote comes, and we are Independence, Scotland will never see a Tory government in power

....And I can't wait.

Sorry to hear about your story OP, but again, all these voters did this with the help of the Media, forcing Labour out and letting them in. Did Thatcher's rule teach nobody anything? She sold EVERYTHING. We all now have to pay by the hour to park our cars at Hospital, no matter the issue is an example.

Idiots who did this.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

hi again

I was just about to post on that comment but you beat me to it lol

Absolutely well said TheBlackHat
cheers
dave

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I tried claiming JSA once. Have been employed since I was 16 by the way.
I had a broken wrist with some complications, obviously I couldn't work in my trade.

Went to the "JobCentre".. Apparently I couldn't claim disability because I wasn't "DISABLED" so had to fill in all the forms for JSA housing etc.
I only wanted help in paying my rent for 2 months whilst I couldn't work.

What a joke, If people think it's easy for the common man to rip the system off they are mistaken.
Foreigners do it like organised crime. Multiple names and addresses.
I got nothing, after 2 months of f****ing about. The only thing they would pay was my National Insurance stamp because I was self employed.

I should have become an alcoholic or spoke Urdu to get anything I suppose..

Speaking to some of the lads on site, I was to honest???

If I ever have to again I know what to do now..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Now I'm on the fence with this one.

See when the benefit system was first set up, it was set up to help people over who found themselves out of work. In the last 10-15 years, its been used as a substitute for employment. JSA isn't that much, but you'd be shocked that there are many I know that after having paid out all of their bills have far less in their pocket to spend on food etc than JSA provides.

The real dent is when you're in social housing, unemployed and have kids, that's when the benefits rack up no end.

Now, there is no point talking about abuse of benefits, as the way the system is set up, its as almost as if abuse is totally acceptable.

I could go on about the needless foreign aid, the wars, the massive influx in immigrants, the central bankers, the bent politicians, but lets go on about ourselves!

With regards to unpaid work, listen, you're getting money through benefits! Do you want to sit there and do nothing and get paid for it? At least if its unpaid, its still something you can add to your CV! Now, if you don't like it, get a paid job, at one stage I had two, my mum had three part time jobs! There are jobs out there as long as you're willing to do anything and everything, yes you might have to work all the hours, yes it might be graft, but that's life and that's what the rest of us have to do, or have had to do.

The benefit system needs to go back to helping workers and if you're out of work to temporaily help the person, get them in to a paid job and then boost massively their income with benefit money! This is what needs to be done, child benefit needs to be cut and pumped in to subsidising child care! I moan about foreigners and there are the fair share that come here to rinse, but seriously, the mentality of growing minority of my countrymen and women is just a joke! Where is the work ethic? Where has the sense to get out there and do what needs to be done to get paid rather than begging to the state to finance their lifestyle without contributing? Excuse after excuse, yes the central bankers are wrecking us, yes government is cutting everything up, but you have a responsiblity to yourself and possibly a family if you have one, to do what ever it is you have to do to make ends meat.

The vast majority of countries don't have benefits like we have, its hard, its tough, I've been there and still there but I don't place any responsibility of my family and my future in to the hands of others. Its down to me to work and get paid for it, regardless of whether I have to work night and day. I'm sick of people whinging, get out there, work unpaid (you're getting the money in benefits) get yourself in to a paid job. It is easier done as it is said, there are paid jobs out there, its just we seem to be becoming a nation of dreamers and beggars than realists and grafters!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterPainter

I agree, the way this country treats disable people is rubbish, yet for some reason it never goes after the minority who are abusing the disability allowance, instead it just blankets everyone, tarnishes everyone with the same brush. Sums this country up!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
To anyone in the UK who voted Tories, well done.
I am Scottish, we have devolution, part take care of ourselves, but are STILL under Tories rule even though they got about 2% of the Scottish Vote. The Scottish National Party are gunning for COMPLETE Independence from the UK and I can't wait for it to be a YES.

Anyone and Everyone in Scotland I speak to has 2 choices, Independence or be under UK rule.

I know what I will be voting for.
WHEN the Yes vote comes, and we are Independence, Scotland will never see a Tory government in power

....And I can't wait.

Sorry to hear about your story OP, but again, all these voters did this with the help of the Media, forcing Labour out and letting them in. Did Thatcher's rule teach nobody anything? She sold EVERYTHING. We all now have to pay by the hour to park our cars at Hospital, no matter the issue is an example.

Idiots who did this.

Forcing Labout out? They did that to themselves! The vast majority of issues that have come about is because of Labour, the needless spending, the destruction of education, Uni fees, further privatisation, public sector salaries of senior staff through the roof, the open door policy to immigration, the creation of the benefit state, the most tax increase and creation that any government has ever introduced, the destruction of working police service, the selling off of asset after asset. Seriosuly do some research! I hope Scotland does get independence, then we will see how you can stand on your own feet, rather than getting handouts from Westminster!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To the replies of my first post,

I do agree there are recruitment agencies who abuse the system and take on people this is true and we try to deal with it as we can.
We are a private provider however what we do we try to do to help people and yes there are situations which are complete # ups.
The times that people get sanctioned wrongly are from the job centre the fact is there are lazy people working in these jobs to and 5x out of 10 when someone is wrongly sanctioned they stay sanctioned because the people who handle those teams are incompetent and dont want to reverse the sanction which entirely screws the client.
I never said the system is perfect.

I however do my job to the best of my ability and do my best to find people work. All the people in my office that serve the region of the country we encompass do the best we can.

The job centre itself is another entity that whether intentional or not do screw people over on a regular basis and we the private providers are left to pick up the pieces alot of the time as they just shaft them off to us.
Im not a sheep im actually trying to help people and my first post was me analyzing the situation of the OP and seeing alot of discrepancies in what he said.

If the op is on the or was on THE work programme he could kindly tell me which one if it was Pap-worth or Seetec and if it was Seetec I could easily look him up and find out the situation when im back at work tomorrow.
Its up to you OP if you was at either Pap or Seetec i could pull up every bit of information in the intervention system to figure out what happened with you. I don't think you would give me your name and I don't blame you at the end of the day but if someone has screwed up and i knew your name we could easily find out where and what happened. As I said somewhere above its not a perfect system its there to help you for a time but the longer and longer you are on it the harder it will get and more stressful it will be as you are mandated to do things to get you into work whether it be work experience or a placement.

My newest client 2 weeks ago has already got into a job for example he came to me in a complete state of distress I sat with him for 2 sessions and a group session helping him with his anxiety and with his interview skills which he was really frightened with and I helped find him an administration job at the local council as that was what he had experience with and by sheer grit he got it.

There is a definite benefits culture ive noticed with people whos parents have never worked and there kids are the ones we will end up seeing at Seetec and they seem to have NO intention of ever looking for work.
Call me out as a troll all you like, we see the worst of society at this place at times but out of every bag of absolute # there is a right gem who genuinely wanted the help.
edit on 24-10-2012 by allnamestaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

I would agree in part although I would say it was "New Labour" who forced the Labour Party out and "New Labour" wasn't much different from the Tories.

Edit- It was also down to Murdock's change of stance as he seems to control the masses in the western world.
edit on 24-10-2012 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So what does this country need? IMO..

Cap any salary to 1 million pounds per year. (Your average man/woman would never earn this in a lifetime). If you can't live on that then tough.
If you haven't paid tax for at least 5 years you get no benefits, disabled people will be exempt.
If you weren't born here you get no NHS services, although emergency services will be available.
Training + proper apprenticeships will be available to all school/college leavers.
All drugs decriminalised 18+ only. A classes from chemist type outlets, B + C coffee shop type affairs like Amsterdam. This will encourage the dead high streets to re-open as outlets and kill the criminal elements making money.
A license for growing your own. e.g £400 per year to grow 6 mature plants at a time at home without the fear of criminal prosecution. The WAR ON DRUGS does not work and is a waste of tax payers money.
Stop all EU subsidies.
Re-nationalise all essential services, electric, gas, water. Take them by force if needed.
Expand the credit union system FOR the people not the bankers. (Cheap loans, good interest rates for savers, affordable mortgages. Similar to BANK OF DAVE principles

If these small steps were encouraged in UK society I personally think the country could get back on an even keel.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

6 mature plants a time, wow. You have my vote. And the cafe's would be great for tourism.
Actually I remember hearing somewhere that when they used to give heroine free on the nhs, that their was something like 500 registered addicts in the whole country. It may have only been 50 but my memory escapes me.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by allnamestaken

My newest client 2 weeks ago has already got into a job for example he came to me in a complete state of distress I sat with him for 2 sessions and a group session helping him with his anxiety and with his interview skills which he was really frightened with and I helped find him an administration job at the local council as that was what he had experience with and by sheer grit he got it.

There is a definite benefits culture ive noticed with people whos parents have never worked and there kids are the ones we will end up seeing at Seetec and they seem to have NO intention of ever looking for work.
Call me out as a troll all you like, we see the worst of society at this place at times but out of every bag of absolute # there is a right gem who genuinely wanted the help.
edit on 24-10-2012 by allnamestaken because: (no reason given)

Two points...your newest client, you got a job for with the local council (public sector). Working for the state is the only semi secure job in the UK, as the private sector has dictated the rules of employment to the government for the past 30 years..so basically people are the modern equivalent of cannon fodder..completely expendable with no rights...in a revolving door set up of work..benefits...and work.... that's why job agencies even exist, as they are there to ferry people between temporary jobs...or do I have that wrong? i knew a lad who was on that cycle for years, in and out of warehouses and service industry jobs.. with spells on the dole when even the agencies couldn't find him work.and on a permanent precipitation of anti depressants..(oh the joys of low paid jobs) I don't think so. Also all the job agencies I have ever heard of ..take about 20 percent directly out of your wages as a fee you pay them for getting you the job..a practice that should actually be illegal, as its nothing more than theft.

Your right about a culture of people claiming benefits...dead right..generations of families subsist on benefits... Its seen as an alternative to having the p155 taken out of you even more by working in most jobs..two weeks in one...2 months in another and so on. Also, this benefits culture, we know the people who get born into this culture, are more to be pitied than anything...If the UK government gave a damn about the majority of the people, then the government would do something about all the deprived areas and ghettos, where people are left behind... Thankfully i was not born in a tower block full of smack heads...if I was I know how Id have ended up..more than likely...have a look at what breeds the problems in society, instead of thinking people actually have much choice when they come up in the wrong neighborhood, with the wrong parents etc...its a viscous cycle of ignorance and poverty..and the only ones who could have made it better and intervened were the government..but who do you think were the architects of grim tower block and ghettos??? exactly, the successive governments...so called public housing, creates poverty and criminal behavior...people dumped on top of each other with no prospects...and a criminal justice system that was more effective when it shipped criminals off to Australia than it is now.

link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
Do you know what astounds me that people have a go at benefit claimants i myself was one but then i came to understand that really its a real good government and media ploy lets make cuts from the poor you know the lazy no good leeches of society that want to sit around all day watching jeremy kyle.........

I have paid tax hundreds of pounds a week and i used to hate benefit claimants.....

Then i found out about corporate tax avoidance and why is this not sorted the country loses literally billions of pounds a year through it for example facebook earned £275 million approx last year in UK revenue and paid a measly £275,000 in tax

They are just one of Many corporations that do this why is this not brought up instead of taxing and making cuts on the poor...

The benefits is small fry lets make corporate tax avoidance our number 1 priority

Namaste

The payment of income tax is to have a pot of money from the workers [aka the indians as opposed to the chiefs]

This pot has to perform a number of functions , some of these is to convince the 'indians' that their taxes will help them in the present and future but really it's mostly about having a 'war ' chest of money for the rich or the most
close to the top in society to protect their interests in times of economic and political stress.

The job of the Politician is that like a salesmen who gets his commission from convincing us to keep contributing
to the pot.

Today we have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

[ps my chief/indian analogy[ which i hear every weekend at my local] is not meant to be derogatory to the original people of North America, apology in advance]

So JSA is a scrap , a crumb to keep the indians contributing the sad thing is as the 'pot ' or demands upon it increases the economic distortions escalate and opportunities diminish and then JSA becomes a lifeline.

link   

Capping salaries and telling people they cant make more is the most disgusting, immature, unreasonable, and stifling things ive ever heard. It reeks of inexperience in real life and makes me sad to think you grew up believing you couldnt make a million dollars in a lifetime. I guess thats the difference in the landof the free and the rest.

However i agree with the rest. I urge you to rethink your position.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Capping salaries and telling people they cant make more is the most disgusting, immature, unreasonable, and stifling things ive ever heard. It reeks of inexperience in real life and makes me sad to think you grew up believing you couldnt make a million dollars in a lifetime. I guess thats the difference in the landof the free and the rest.

However i agree with the rest. I urge you to rethink your position.

Here are some solutions...
The USA has an exit tax..of something like 40% of net worth..if i recall correctly...if your rich and leave the states to live somewhere else you gotta pay a hell of a lot of money just to give up your citizenship.
The UK should implement something similar with the mega rich...because most multi millionaires/billionaires..see the UK as a place to take full advantage of..due to non existent corporation taxes and zero rights for employees...the rich take all they can but invest little or nothing in return in the UK...

Invest in rebuilding the infrastructure...start with demolishing all housing estates...and building much much smaller village style environments..with detached homes...like how our ansestors used to bl00dy live ..where you cant get to a point where hundreds of youths gather together...to cause harassment and criminality...etc

Instead of influencing society to chase materialism....with cra4p TV shows like xfactor...make sure 70 percent of TV shows are educational...if needed turn the whole TV in to a public owned entity...and chuck out the likes of Murdoch...afterall the UK is one of the few countries that people are forced to pay TV licences...so why not get worthwhile programming..as its the programs that programmed society. churn out trash TV and life imitates it. then all the "layabouts" will sit getting an education at very least, rather than watching Jeremy kyle.

These things would be a start.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Read it properly..

CAP SALARY.. e.g 1 million a year basic salary.

If you own a company that MAKES more than a million in profits then fair enough.

If you think people of any ilk are worth paying a million a year basic salary then your delusional..

Also politicians should work for the people not as a career. They should be on a £50000 a years basic salary too with no expenses.

IMO of course.
edit on 24-10-2012 by MasterPainter because: mis spelling

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join