It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi All, also a question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
longtime lurker, finally decided to say 'hi'!. Also, which forum would be best for me to request possible assistance in researching the truth behind college book pricing. It's obviously a scam but I can't find much material less than 3 years old and I would like to find some hard data.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HabiruThorstein

Dear HabiruThorstein,

How nice of you to say hello to me personally as I am AQuestion. Why don't you tell us something about yourself, the Introduction is not supposed to be about issues other than yourself and I am pretty sure someone will come by and tell you that, so, beat the moderators to it and tell us why you are here and what your interests are. Peace and welcome.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS...once you have your 20 posts under your belt, you can start a thread asking your question in several different forums. I look forward to that thread, it sounds like it will be informative and interesting. Until then, tell us a little bit about yourself...the more posts you make here, the faster those 20 posts go.

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Welcome!

Here is a link to a post that may or may not relate to this:

SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE BOOK COSTS 250 DOLLARS?

"Hold on a second here! WHY in the world would this book cost 250 dollars!? This is outrageous"

"The author was tired of the CIA's usual media control tricks of running the price sky high (up to $118.00 to effectively ban a book). If you do not understand this, you do not understand the true nature of the world you live in.

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

edit on 22-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, have a boring job these days, didn't used to be that way but maybe my degrees will find me something productive to do sometime soon. Anyhow, have been popping in and reading here for years, just never really was in to posting much on any forum of any kind-except on my fantasy league boards (we started back in '94, seems like yesterday!). Some of the first stuff that pulled me in were stuff about the FED here in the US (one of my degrees is B.S. Economics) and as a Libertarian found some good stuff to help me do what little I could to educate anyone around who would listen-believe it or not, people will listen! Also, though I had never read Chariots or anything by von Daniken, I had already sort of formed the same the same opinions from reading a lot of texts from many religions, Hindu, Judeo-Christian, Zoroastrian, Shinto, Buddhist, Confucian, Muslim and Native American traditions as well, so obviously I've found some good material here on ATS about that too.

And thanks for the above link as well! I'm going back to grad school soon, and other than some occasional grumpy surveys of college students who feel (and justifiably IMHO) ripped off by the 'required reading' textbook scam, there isn't much about it that I've found on the web or anywhere else. And when you set a copy of, say, The Fountainhead next to some 235-page Prob-Stat textbook, one wonders why I can get Fountainhead in hardcover for $19.95 and the mathbook costs $235. Someone needs to follow the money-there's obviously tons of it to be followed- so if it's not out there for everyone yet, why not do it myself? I'm betting there will be some very interesting tidbits-and the explanations about why rearranging a couple chapters and re-wording a couple algebraic story problems constitutes a 'New 12th or 18th or 23rd Edition' must be quite a tale as well!

edit on 22-10-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you.

edit on 10/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear HabiruThorstein,

How nice of you to say hello to me personally as I am AQuestion. Why don't you tell us something about yourself, the Introduction is not supposed to be about issues other than yourself and I am pretty sure someone will come by and tell you that, so, beat the moderators to it and tell us why you are here and what your interests are. Peace and welcome.

I know short replies are frowned upon, but that was excellently played, AQuestion! Had to say it

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Welcome Ex- Lurker it is great to have you hear! see you in the thread fields solider!

new topics

top topics

join