It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show. Nope...Baseball!

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is in the Rant section and not TV because well, I'm PO'd!


The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show.

All five cancelled tonight because of Baseball! AARRGGHH!!!

And next week as well because of the damned Presidential debates...I know these guys are puppets but I want my toons!
Double AARRGGHH!!!!

C'mon FOX, you can't get your news right but you cancel the only things you do well?

I know, not important to many, but to us toon watchers...Unforgivable!

I know as well that it's not important in the grand scheme of things but...I need my fix of the opiate of the masses!

End Rant.




edit on 21-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Were I a rebellious soul....I would say "fight the system and torrent it".

But that would be against t&c so I am just going to say.........""




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Were I a rebellious soul....I would say "fight the system and torrent it".

But that would be against t&c so I am just going to say.........""



No torrents either as they're not airing at all.

Not that I'd ever do that anyways...




Peace



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've been waiting for Bobs Burgers.

Baseball is.... so boring to watch.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
I've been waiting for Bobs Burgers.

Baseball is.... so boring to watch.


I know!

Tonight Bob Fires the kids!


Was so looking forward to this.

*sigh* I have no life...


Peace




edit on 21-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Try watching them on-line.....
But, yes annoying when your favorites are interupted by programs you don't enjoy.....I remember hating the debates as a kid ...lol...now I hate them for different reasons.....try cusirca.com and press the option that says free....you will have to turn off a few ads, but after that works pretty good
edit on 21-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by jude11
 


Try watching them on-line.....
But, yes annoying when your favorites are interupted by programs you don't enjoy.....I remember hating the debates as a kid ...lol...now I hate them for different reasons.....try cusirca.com and press the option that says free....you will have to turn off a few ads, but after that works pretty good
edit on 21-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)


Nope, not even on-line.

Nothing, zilch, nada...Not airing at all and not released at all...just not...


Peace



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   


I hate baseball!

Here's jude talking to the Fox guys (only replace "money" with "cartoons".)....




edit on 21-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show.

All five cancelled tonight because of Baseball! AARRGGHH!!!



Get used to it. The TV stations are going to be pushing live sport a lot more in the coming years (as if they dont do enough already).
The reason being that TV stations know they are losing a huge chunk of the audience to internet downloads (of various legal and non-legal descriptions) and live sport is mostly immune from this.
TV stations *love* sports fans.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout


I hate baseball!

Here's jude talking to the Fox guys (only replace "money" with "cartoons".)....




edit on 21-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)




I would not be so gentle...


Peace



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


They could have atleast played the Simpsons!! Grr..

Not a happy camper here. I need my Homer fix of the night.
When I miss the Simpsons I usually feel better if Family guy comes on,but, Nope! Not playing that either.
Atleast I'm not the only one who is not happy about it!
Good Rant



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Simpsons has been going downhill for a decade. The rest of those shows...never got up the hill as far as I'm concerned. Baseball is America's favorite sport.

I take baseball.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I feel your pain.
I'm still waiting to watch X factor that got cancelled last week because of boring baseball.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
The Simpsons has been going downhill for a decade. The rest of those shows...never got up the hill as far as I'm concerned. Baseball is America's favorite sport.

I take baseball.


ooooh...Wrong on so many levels!


Them's fightin' words!

Peace



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha
 


I thought football was? What do I know. The Simpsons is an acquired taste. I used to watch it every Sunday night with my father at 7 right before Malcom in the middle. It was our rital and it's been my favorite show ever since. I know people who don't like it but it's just because they have a different sense of humor, I suppose. I will always be a faithful Simpsons fan!



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191
 


Check again. Baseball = America's favorite pastime and highest grossing sport year in and year out. Malcolm in the Middle was great!

But, all of my favorite Simpsons writers went on to write for Futurama, which FOX cancelled.




posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by Katharos62191
 


Check again. Baseball = America's favorite pastime and highest grossing sport year in and year out. Malcolm in the Middle was great!

But, all of my favorite Simpsons writers went on to write for Futurama, which FOX cancelled.



Ok,

Futurama...1st 2 seasons were promising but after that...too weird IMO.

Peace



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just to be clear, nothing was cancelled, and no new episodes of your childish cartoons were going to be shown. The time was blocked for the NLDS no matter what. If there was no need for a Game 6 last night, they would have shown reruns of those programs (Simpsons, etc) instead. The networks never schedule new episodes of any show to air in case Game fie, or six, or seven are not played.

You didn't miss any new episodes due to baseball. I promise you that.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Don't get me started.

On the weekdays, they are screwing it up too. They usually have the Simpson's on at 7:30 every night but have been preempting them for the baseball PRE-SHOW when the Goddamn game doesn't actually start 'till 8:00.


Of course, they still show TMZ until 7:30, like that's more important than the Simpson's!


My kids are really upset; that was one of the highlights of their day. Now they're sure to hate baseball forever after the crap that Faux is pulling.


ETA: I might feel different if the Phillies were in the playoffs but, if my home team ain't playin' I don't want to see it.


They should only air them in markets where the home teams are playing and let the rest of the country stream the games online if they're really interested.


edit on 10/22/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have not watch those shows in 5 Years... ON TV!!!! *pets his PC* i




top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join