It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney on Bain: 'Women and Minorities' Not Attracted to Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

In 1994, when Romney was running for a Massachusetts U.S. Senate seat, the Boston Globe asked him why there were so few minorities and women at Bain Capital. Ninety-five of the vice presidents at the firm were white and only nine were women. Romney’s response was that the private equity industry does not “attract many women and minorities.” His opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy, made the remark an issue in the campaign, and Romney lost women voters by more than two-to-one.

Romney also blamed the elite institutions of higher education such as Harvard School of Business where they found many of their employees. Those schools, he told the Globe, “graduate only a handful of minorities and women.”

In 1995, 28 percent of the graduating class from Harvard Business School were women and 14 percent were minorities. When Romney put together a team to head Bain, every member was white and male. The Republican insisted that he could not find “qualified” women and minorities.

thegrio.com...

So minorities and women just don't want to be in business or be rich. That's only why 30% of Harvards graduating class are women and 14% minority. So stop trying to put the blame on them and put it on yourself. You could careless about minorities or women.

The moment you left Bain women finally could get partnerships there.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Lets not forget that "Bain Capital" was seeded with money from the leaders of central american death squads who murdered thousands, women and children too. Romney didn't care he was just a sociopath on a mission. Don't get me wrong, Obama is nothing more than a puppet whos strings are pulled by uber-rich capitalists behind the scenes, but at least he's not a total elite, racist, woman hating douche bag like Mittens (IMHO). Lesser of two evils? Why vote for ANY evil?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
10 flags with 1 reply? lol?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

In 1995, 28 percent of the graduating class from Harvard Business School were women and 14 percent were minorities. When Romney put together a team to head Bain, every member was white and male. The Republican insisted that he could not find “qualified” women and minorities.

A company can only hire the people that offer themselves to it for employment. His contention that women and minorities aren't attracted to the private equity industry is pretty spectacularly off the mark. They are as interested as anyone is. Why, however, anyone would be interested in what can only be described as "boring as watching snails mate" is beyond comprehension.

While the number for women is low, the number for minorities is about right on, though. For example, the percentage of blacks in the U.S. is at around 13%. The percentage of Asians in the U.S. is at 5%. Hispanics, however, are 16%. Average the 3 and you get 11%. It's not out of line for the percentage of minorities graduating college equals the percentage of minorities in a country. After all, 99% of people graduating from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México are Latino.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

You couple Women and Minorities , with the 47% , and who's left?

Rich Old White Men.

Mitt is at least honest about his Base, he clearly states who he is looking to Preside over.

People just arent Listening.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I am not voting for Obama nor am I voting for Romney.

Voting for them is like voting for George Soros or Jamie Diamond.

Completely meaningless.
edit on 21-10-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
considering people like romney hire minorities to be the slave workers at any factory, working 12hr shifts, no job security (who would want it anyway), wages barely $2-3 more than the legal minimum required by law, and a shift supervisor, that if it was ancient egypt, would be carrying a lead tipped whip.

and before you think its not slavery, its pretty close.

before slaves used to not get any wage, but were given room and board, plus meals.

now, all the industrialists did was get rid of 2 expenses, by paying just enough to maintain a shelter, get to work and have 1 decent meal a day. i say one, because you spend so much time in the factory, people skip breakfast and have a sandwich at lunch.

and slaves got the weekend off, but were at the whim of the boss to come running when needed. much like now.

they also got to go out to town too, but since they had no or little money, they couldn't afford to go. much like now.

and all companies, once they pay you, think, act and treat you like they bought you. much like a slave.

and mitt wonders why minorities aren't attracted to industry.

edit on 21-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
romney just keeps seeming more and more like a douche.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
considering people like romney hire minorities to be the slave workers at any factory, working 12hr shifts, no job security (who would want it anyway), wages barely $2-3 more than the legal minimum required by law, and a shift supervisor, that if it was ancient egypt, would be carrying a lead tipped whip.

and before you think its not slavery, its pretty close.

before slaves used to not get any wage, but were given room and board, plus meals.

now, all the industrialists did was get rid of 2 expenses, by paying just enough to maintain a shelter, get to work and have 1 decent meal a day. i say one, because you spend so much time in the factory, people skip breakfast and have a sandwich at lunch.

and slaves got the weekend off, but were at the whim of the boss to come running when needed. much like now.

they also got to go out to town too, but since they had no or little money, they couldn't afford to go. much like now.

and all companies, once they pay you, think, act and treat you like they bought you. much like a slave.

and mitt wonders why minorities aren't attracted to industry.

edit on 21-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

That sounds like every job I have had since I started working when i was 17. 26 now. You don't have to be a minority these days, that is just how entry into the work force is

Advancement? Ha! Yeah right.

The only way to get a job not serving burgers in a fast food joint around me is through temp agencies.

That find you a job, take 3 bucks for every hour you work, so instead of 13/hr. you get 10/hr., no benefits, and they sit back and make 24 dollars a day after making a single phone call. They get that 24 EVERY day for doing NOTHING.

Oh your sick, well you get 6 points. An absence is 2 points. You get the flu and sent home because you cannot work. Your, and I am not joking with words here, your "Terminated".

Its ridiculous is what it is. Genius for them, insanity for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Funny, you don't mention the millions this (__*__) administration wasted !

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRIGHT STAR

You mean millions every single administration wastes?

But what does that have to do with Mitt Romney and Bain?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Bain recruited from colleges like Harvard though. Out all those colleges not one minority wasn't hired just by chance alone? I have a hard time believing that.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Mitt is a Mormon,,,, I mean a MORON. The PTB picked a winner here, they can manipulate this guy like he's a 2 year old kid... Lord, Please save America from this disaster !!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm sure plenty of women and minorities applied and I'm sure as the day is 24 hrs long, that Muff only hired the rich white d'bag men. You know how I know this? I am a woman I applied for many jobs my fellow white d'bag men applied for, I was just as capable if not more than the men I knew Who got hired? The white men with the same knowledge as them and same experience, but yet the male counterpart always got hired, so I had to attend an accredited school (SOMETHING MY MALE COUNTERS DIDN'T GET MADE TO DO) just to recieve the same consideration as them. Guess what? I still don't get the same consideration, they'll hire a penis, er I mean a male, first even if HE doesn't have that schooling! The more d'baggish they are, the better, also. If it's a half decent white male with real ethics they won't hire you either.
edit on 22-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Which industry is he referring to?

As for minorities I assume you are referring to blacks?

If that's the case then I would say you are being a bit hypocritical.
You can't really blame Romney for his observation, especially since every time a black person even attempts to learn the "industry" he is immediately chatised by his peers for "not keeping it real".

Hell, Im sure even Obama has had his fair share of accusations and Uncle Tom name calling as he rose up thru the ranks.
But then again, he grew up in Indonesia and Hawaii, was raised by his typical white Grandparents and doesn't know anything about the hood, so once again he gets yet another free pass.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

Everything. You keep promoting Obama as "the good guy," even in other threads, yet, you just said that every administration commits "waste."

Obama = Romney. Both will continue the wars and QE infinity.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Which industry is he referring to?

Read the article and you will know.

As for minorities I assume you are referring to blacks?

No. I mean all minorities. Just like the article means all minorities.

You can't really blame Romney for his observation, especially since every time a black person even attempts to learn the "industry" he is immediately chatised by his peers for "not keeping it real".

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. lol, not keeping it real? You're just trolling at this point.

was raised by his typical white Grandparents and doesn't know anything about the hood, so once again he gets yet another free pass.

Yeah he does, he graduated college and then became a community organizer in the most ghetto-ist parts of Chicago.
edit on 22-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Originally posted by 3chainz

Everything. You keep promoting Obama as "the good guy," even in other threads, yet, you just said that every administration commits "waste."

Obama = Romney. Both will continue the wars and QE infinity.

Lima-1, out.

People wast money all the time, what is your point?
If the government is made up of people, then what is it going to do inevitably? Waste money!

Are you an anarchist? Because any sort of government is gonna waste money, If you're not one then what is the point of saying this? We are in perpetual debt as long as the Federal Reserve is around. The debt is never going to be paid back.

And no, I don't think Obama is good guy...he was sponsored by the baking cartel in 2008. Now Romney is sponsored by them, the elite want Obama out of office because they know Romney will do exactly what they want and will be the perfect cover for cutting social programs.

'

I would rather have the guy that Goldman Sachs isn't sponsoring. There is a reason why they want him to win and Obama to lose.
edit on 22-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join