It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samaipata Flying Saucer Stone Carving

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's saturday night, time to have some not boring thread. Just want to focus in that picture there. If you desire more info about the site, Slayer made a good thread about it (but I think it missed this one).

It's so cool that I hope it takes a long to get debunked

The UFO Samaipata

In the vicinity of the archaeological site of "El Fuerte", and next to the small town of Samaipata, was also located a stone engraved with a picture of what for many is a clear representation of a classic "flying saucer" or UFO: their forms are so defined and concise, have led to the rejection by the archaeologists of the authenticity and age at first should be attributed. The conclusion is that they "can not be real something so obvious." In any case, the mere existence of "The Fort" is an enigma to many historical and the strange local legends narrated the Spanish.

An important point to make is that in the first half of the twentieth century, anthropologists who investigated the last descendants of the "Arawaks", collected intriguing look about them, ... those "Arawak" claimed that "... we men are not ... we are older than men ... "

cronicasmundosocultos.blogspot.com...
www.zonadesierta.webpin.com... -a-la-pequena-poblacion-de-Samaipata--fue-localizada-una-roca-con-el-dibujo-grabado-de-lo-que-para.html

Slayer thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Very cool! It appears that the fragment of stone is part of a bigger piece?......Wonder where the rest is?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Good eye, the top of the rock is intriguing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well looks modern to me, the patina doesn't look right. However check with Byrd that is her area of expertise

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Well looks modern to me, the patina doesn't look right. However check with Byrd that is her area of expertise

Right brother. However, this one could be a little bit too....something, maybe she won't even want to make a comment.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

She done a lot of work on rock carving. Oh what is the source of the photo?

Edited to add I see it comes from a non-scientific source noted in the link. You might want to see if that rock is even actually part of El Fuertes
edit on 20/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

She done a lot of work on rock carving. Oh what is the source of the photo?

Edited to add I see it comes from a non-scientific source noted in the link. You might want to see if that rock is even actually part of El Fuertes
edit on 20/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Honestly I post it hoping to see what other members find out about it. The carving in reference is mentioned in many local/spanish language sites.

It will be fun to see how they kill the messenger again

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah guys don't shoot the messenger.....責め苛

Oh just to expand on what I noted about the patina, look at Slayer's thread and the colour of the rocks, reddish brown and further down the mountain a conglomerate of grey and white, now look at the UFO rock....different kinda rock.....with no aging patina...which begs the guestion......

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

, now look at the UFO rock....different kinda rock.....with no aging patina...which begs the guestion......

Yeah, I compared the photos and noticed the differences. I still couldn't find any other debunking element anyway. Probably because that would represents less tourists spending dollars in that area.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It’s probably just me (since I don’t know anything about rock art) but the “UFO” part doesn’t look like it was done with the same kind of tool as the top rays and the bottom lightening.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

From Slayer's thread, skip to 26 seconds. The rock in question seems to be from the same site.

Cool find OP!

Maybe it's a carving of a lenticular cloud, with lightening....?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Same jokers that carved this graffiti carved the "saucer" too

/thread

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There doesn't appear to be any oxidation in the grooves to me. There is a problem in the patina also, or actually lack of it without oxidation. There would be oxidation if a patina wasn't present and a good archeologist would never clean the grooves that well. Just a guess, but it looks pretty recent to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks for all replies, seems to be a general consensus regarding this carvings.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That is very good find. Thats a ufo for sure, no doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Trueman

That is very good find. Thats a ufo for sure, no doubt about it.

Yes, it probably is, it just wasn't carved there until very recently.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It is a very recent carving, as others have said. The lines are incised by a modern tool, there's no patina or lichen on the rocks (as you see with older carvings) and the angles made in the art are too sharp and precise (and deep.) The tool used to make this was made of modern metals.

And no, alien technology wouldn't have done that -- think of how we can engrave marble headstones in cemeteries today -- people are having their faces etched on tombstones. A more advanced technology would have had a nice 3-D rendering in the rock.

This is, sadly, modern graffiti. If there's older art in the area, they're defacing a culturally important site.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

And no, alien technology wouldn't have done that

Thanks Byrd. Certainly hard to understand why an advanced civilization from another planet coming all the way to Earth had as best idea for a carving their own spacecraft.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by Byrd

And no, alien technology wouldn't have done that

Thanks Byrd. Certainly hard to understand why an advanced civilization from another planet coming all the way to Earth had as best idea for a carving their own spacecraft.

Why do you assume the alien visitors carved it? Surely, it would have been local Earthlings amazed by the event of seeing the UFO and wanting to record it for posterity. Whether it is a modern or an ancient artifact is another matter. But I object to silly, self-serving reasons being presented to debunk something like this.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Nice one farty pants (sorry couldnt help it,your mood)

Someone will say its swamp gas

or a recent etching,

But thats what trolls/wanabe debunkers will say and yes we have to believe them.

star and flag

top topics

<<   2 >>

join