It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object in sky captivates locals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

The one photo and one video shown are not the point of this event.

The articles mention many witnesses, and many photos.

This is why this event stands out to me more than others that had just one witness.
edit on 10/20/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Looks like the reflection of a florescent shop light fixture,and to anyone saying that it was on a freeway, sound can be added in very easily.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
news.gather.com...
==============
Witnesses Watch as UFO Hovers Over West Virginia and Kentucky

A man working on the railroad called the newspaper and said that he and some of his friends saw this flying vehicle at 3:00 p.m. Shortly afterwards a resident in West Williamson called and said that he saw the strange craft too.

But they weren't the only witnesses. Constructions workers at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College in the West End of town also sighted the object and another woman from the South Williamson area also reported seeing it.

The list of witnesses goes on with a woman living in the Valley View subdivision, which is south of Williamson, saw the object through binoculars. She said the object appeared to be oblong and ran vertical, and not horizontally.

People working at the Daily News and City Tire saw the object hovering for over an hour. Customers of the automotive repair business watched the sky in horror and confusion as the object seemed to get brighter and brighter.

Then, out of nowhere, several jets started to fly in the vicinity of the unidentified flying object. Witnesses began to speculate just what was happening at that moment.

Reports then started to come in saying that the craft was seen near Elkhorn City and Pikeville, Kentucky. Terrified spectators started calling 911 for more information.

Could all these witnesses be wrong about what they saw in the skies? The day was bright and clear with the sun shining over head. Observations were made from West Virginia to Kentucky, employees of the local newspaper in Williamson saw it, customers from an auto repair shop saw it, people in their homes saw it, the sighting was reported to 911, and it seems as if the US Government sent in jets to investigate the strange happenings in the two states.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

Again, please read the articles, instead of focusing on the one video

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
From the original article, which some people also seem to not have noticed might bear direct quoting:

www.williamsondailynews.com...

==========
The Daily News got several calls about the UFO which appeared southeast of downtown. The autumn sky was a clear, bright blue with sunshine.

The first call came in from a railroad employee. He and several others saw it as they got off work around 3 p.m. Another call came in from a resident of West Williamson.

Constructions workers at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College in the West End of town also sighted the object. Another woman from the South Williamson area also said she spotted the UFO.

A resident of the Valley View subdivision, which is south of Williamson, viewed the object through binoculars. She said the UFO appeared to be oblong and seemed to run vertical, rather than horizontally.

Employees of the Daily News and City Tire, which is right across the street from their offices, saw the object hovering for well over an hour. Customers of the automotive repair business also saw the UFO. Heads were turned skyward toward the object. At times it appeared to get brighter.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is interesting, from Pike County news:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The part about "Employees of the Daily News and City Tire, which is right across the street from their offices, saw the object hovering for well over an hour." also adds credibility.

People from the "Daily News" were witnesses.

I really do not think this is any kind of hoax. Many witnesses saw "something".

I wonder what this could have been?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Thanks for the video.

Last night I was convinced it was just a balloon now I don't know. I think it probably is some kind of drone or experimental craft but it's really odd that nobody wants to claim responsibility.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah

Again, please read the articles, instead of focusing on the one video

I'm personally not convinced this is anything more than a balloon; however, I have to applaud your efforts to get the thread back on track as re: the entire information as opposed to persons picking out one aspect to attack. The focus upon one photo or statement, with no regard for the rest, is not the way to determine the validity of a whole.

I have read most of the articles, but this was the first time I've seen the video you just posted. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wish we could get the pictures that were being posted on Facebook by witnesses.

Here are a few so far:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is another video.
It's not very clear...

ETA I guess the link does not work. I'll check on that.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I saw this object on Wednesday, the 17th in northwestern VA. It was reportedly seen on the same day by many people in Ranson, WV and Chamberburg, PA. A fellow in Blountville, TN saw it on the 16th.

I only saw it for 5-6 minutes, because it was far away and just above the treeline when I noticed it. I have video but it is crappy; it just looks like a very tiny translucent orb, that brightens every 15-20 seconds. When I looked through my binoculars, I could see it was symmetrical, shaped like a tube and rounded at both ends.

I originally thought it was probably a balloon, too. If it was moving at all, it was to the NNE of my location. At the time, the wind was maybe 5 mph from the NW. At the altitude it appeared to be at (my best guess was 4000-6000') the winds would be stronger, right?

I've no idea what it was, but the people reporting the sightings are not hoaxers...
edit on 10/20/2012 by Olivine because: oops

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Where is video footage?
edit on 20-10-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

On the first page and there's a news report a few posts up on this page.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I uploaded it here. Mufon report

Look in the lower left corner of the frame, just to the right of the oak leaves. Warning--my video is truly underwhelming.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

The sighting details and comments on that page are very interesting!
The details seem to coincide with this event.

I can't seem to find your video there, however.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i saw something the other day on my way to work in knoxville TN... it looked like a planet but really bright and visible during the sunrise. it was there for about a min or two when i noticed it, then it disappeared. i think it was 7:40 am. it strobed like a twinkling star but varied like brighter then a star then dimmer. i was driving on I 70/ 40 south west. it was around 20 degrees on the horizon. it was definitly huge and not moving. there were 3 planes taking off at the time and right below them is where the object was. the planes definitely looked like planes... this looked like a BRIGHT light or star.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This looks like it might be the same thing?

your4state.com...

VIDEO: Shiny Object in Sky Baffles Onlookers, 911 Center
October 18, 2012

HAGERSTOWN - Several people spotted a shiny object hovering in the sky over Hagerstown Wednesday afternoon.
"It will reflect the sun as it spins, and then it will fade out until it spins the whole way around again," Karen Copenhaver said after spotting it over the west end of Hagerstown.

Ashley Grove took some video of the object from her home on Concord Street in Hagerstown. She said it seemed like a "twinkling star that got very bright at times." She shared the video with WHAG.

The Washington County 911 Center received a few calls about it, but operators didn't have any information about what it might be.
edit on 10/21/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

I was reading the comments on the linked article and the last one says...

Ask the three commercial jets that ventured by to take a look.

I remember another witness saying something about a bunch of jets near the thing.

Is there anyway to check out what this person claims? Does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
edit on 21-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join