It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object in sky captivates locals

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It looks like a flying crack pipe.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This UFO in particular reminds me of the tube ships and balls war painting from 1525 AD seen here, www.flickr.com...

As I remember, this painting has been addressed in Ancient aliens as well. They referred to it as an archive for a medieval ufo battle. The painting depicts a crashed ship implying the battle is occurring over a given amount of time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
see through slip n slide looking balloon, clearly a clear balloon, not a run of the mill balloon though clearly a sophisticated one, for what purpose I don't know, someone in the comment said redbull balloon? I don't know but it is technically an Unidentified Flying Object.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I can't see this being a balloon or kite of any sort. If you examine the still photograph, the two "rods" that comprise the main body of the object are irregularly shaped and organic looking. If this was a man-made object those rods would be completely straight. There also appear to be some spherical objects contained within the structure, and also moving around the main object (at about 0:18 to 0:22 in the video.
There are many videos of these rod-like structures, usually accompanied by or containing spheres or orbs.
I've no idea what they are, but they look organic to me.
Here's a similar video:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-10-2012 by thoiter because: video embed trouble

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

It does in fact look like a balloon, but at what altitude? I don't know if it has been mentioned. One other poster mentioned a 'time lapsed' photo of an aircraft...... Possibly the top left a tail/rudder. One thing I noticed and it's based on the recent high altitude picture of the jump balloon as it was ascending to the skydivers jump altitude, was the look of it. The jump balloon had that opaque transparency to it as well. We were seeing it at about 18-20,000 feet and it looked very similar in color and opaqueness. Beyond that, I really don't see a significant otherworldly look to it.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I know what it is. It is one of those "rods". New life form. Moves so fast can only be captured by high speed photo, except this one must be dead.

They look like a cigar with wings.

Here is the youtube

edit on 21-10-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Of all the reports of this sighting only one gives a compass bearing. None of them reports an elevation. This renders the reports useless. With so many observations, it would be very simple to calculate the object's location and altitude. Somehow, MUFON "investigators" have failed to unearth this simple information. People definitely saw something, but there seems to be a conspiracy to prevent it being investigated properly.

The video, incidentally, is a hoax. Do not confuse the hoaxer's claim that his video is of the object in question with reports of the actual witnesses. The video is from the UK, not Kentucky.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think we can rule out a plane, because all reports say it was very slow moving.

If it was some kind of balloon, it stayed afloat through at least 5 states.

All of the reports seem consistent.

This must be one of the reports in Chambersburg PA:

www.ufostalker.com...

My boyfriend called me from his house,said there was something weird glowing in the sky. this was at 4:30 pm in Chambersburg PA. I got to his house about 5:00pm and it was still there. he had started recording it when he saw it. he also had a friend on the phone who was also looking at it. It would get really bright then disapear and come back every min it seemed. it stayed there till about 5:30/45pm when we saw a plain and it seemed to not come back after that! it was crazy, never saw anything like it before!!! It also seemed to be very shiny and tube like.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

At least one of the images in that video looks exactly like the photos in this incident. That's very interesting!
This is like those sightings in Mexico that have been witnessed and filmed by many.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by Olivine

I can't seem to find your video there, however.

If you scroll down a little more than halfway, it is on the right hand side of the page. Click the camcorder icon.

The video is not very informative, but after I uploaded it I took a screen capture and zoomed in. You can see the "cigar" shape, it shows up as solid, which is probably just a consequence of low-quality video and zooming.

Interesting sighting, nonetheless. I'm following along, hoping for someone to say, "Oh, that was our 'whateva xyz experiment".

Here is one more sighting that could be the same object, given from New York on the morning of the 18th:

ON THE MORNING OF 10-18-12 I WAS AT WORK AT A COLLEGE CAMPUS DRIVING, I STOPPED FOR A WHILE TO STRETCH MY LEGS. I HAPPEN TO LOOK UP TO THE SKY AND OBSERVED A LIGHT. AT FIRST I DID NOT THINK ANYTHING OF IT, BUT AFTER A MINUTE OR SO I REALIZED IT WAS NOT MOVING AT ALL. I TOOK OUT MY CELL PHONE TO RECORD THIS LIGHT. THIS LIGHT WAS NOT MOVING AT ALL, IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS GETTING BRIGHTER THEN DIMMER, ALMOST LIKE TURNING ON AND OFF A LIGHT SWITCH OR FLASH LIGHT. IT DID THIS FOR APPROXIMATELY 10 MIN. THIS LIGHT JUST DISAPPEARED WHEN AN AIRPLANE HAPPEN TO BE FLYING BY. I WAS SO INTRIGUED BY THIS I JUST NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT THIS WAS. I KNOW IT WAS NOT AN AIRPLANE NOR A HELICOPTER NOR A BALLOON. I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A BLIMP BUT I REALLY DOUBT THAT VERY MUCH.

Source (btw, the all caps are from the source poster, sorry)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I'm following along, hoping for someone to say, "Oh, that was our 'whateva xyz experiment".

4 real.

I'm kinda at that point too. I'm hoping that next week somebody will come forward with an explanation. Enough people saw this thing so it was something.

I just can't get past the thought that if it was a balloon or something like that then the thing must have landed somewhere right?

Why didn't anybody see it land or descend?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thank you, I did see your video now.

Was it the object that seemed to move across the view right in the beginning? I don't think I saw it again after that. If you pause that in the beginning, it does look like the same object.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In my opinion no balloon blink's sun light like the way we see on the videos... puzzling phenomena indeed.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

paperclip, a balloon, a scratch on window glass panel, a motion blurred image of an aircraft, flipped in different directions..i add one to the list , a mirage / reflection of something in the sky.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by southprk76

A mirage that all those people saw at the same time?

You have to better than that.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i live in kentucky and i see this all the time.

around evening time the sun is real bright right before it starts to get dark.

Commercial jet's leave that big trail behind both wings and the sun lights them up as it flys...
If you there personally you can tell that what they are.

Debunked end of story...Otherwise we have 10000+ sighting a day lol

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

Contrails are seen all over the country every day. I am pretty sure that if all of these witnesses were seeing a contrail, they would have recognized it. To me, the images do not look like contrails.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I definitely don't think it was a balloon or kite it was seen in multiple states from Kentucky,W.Virginia,Maryland,Pennsylvania and Virginia. That's a lot of ground to cover in a short time... that's if the object every one say is the the same. I think its a good possibility that it was.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by KentuckyMan

Contrails are seen all over the country every day. I am pretty sure that if all of these witnesses were seeing a contrail, they would have recognized it. To me, the images do not look like contrails.

Heck im looking at one of them ufo's right now 5:59 pm...the sun hits it so hard the plane is silver and glowing with 2 big trails..The plane glows from the sun hitting them they look like there a sphere u can't no matter how hard you start see wings.
So im tellin ya i see em 24/7 exactly like whats in that video and picture's.10000%

I am not no technology adv guy lol but i know what a plane in kentucky when the sun is going down looks like and that is it lol

I dont even own a digital camera or id go outside right now and take 15 or 20 different ones before the sun goes all the way down.

edit on 21-10-2012 by KentuckyMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jammer1976

I definitely don't think it was a balloon or kite it was seen in multiple states from Kentucky,W.Virginia,Maryland,Pennsylvania and Virginia. That's a lot of ground to cover in a short time... that's if the object every one say is the the same. I think its a good possibility that it was.

It's visibility would be determined in part by its distance and altitude; that's why compass bearings and elevation are critical to any serious investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join