It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object in sky captivates locals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What's the response that you're looking for? I can't really find any way around the fact that this is an UFO-- whether it was of our proper, or something outside this world. I wonder what cover-up story they'll make for this one. Weather balloon, yep yep.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Druscilla

It does look similar. A bit more sophisticated.

How do you explain the report of flashing or diming lights on both ends? It was in an earlier post.

Additionally, solar balloons have been known and have demonstrated the ability to fly several hundred miles allowing a wide variety and area of coverage for people to have a sighting.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

The "lights" would most likely be reflected sunlight.

How does a solar balloon remain stationary for over an hour? So if this flew several hundred miles, how did it stop? My fellow company co-workers in the area observed it for at least an hour until the high clouds obscured it. It was not tethered like a kite unless someone had miles of string, and the winds did not move it from their view...and kites usually move side to side or up/down over that much time....and it still doesn't explain the constant slow spin. They had good quality binoculars trained on it. I'm thinking some sort of drone, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I live in pike county this is the first I have heard of it. I wish I could of seen it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't read everyones ideas.... is there any chance it is the remnant of the Red Bull Stratos "Jump Form Space" balloon? It appears deflated and elongated. I think I remember they said it weighed 4300 pounds empty?

Thats one hella laundry bag. Somebody follow it and track it to the ground... you'll be rich. Aww yeah, selling bits of that on the internet?

Whoops... never mind.
Balloon
edit on 20-10-2012 by intrptr because: retract...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Very intriguing indeed.

In my opinion this is a transparent balloon filled with Helium.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm willing to place my bets on the "official" explanation for this:

Optical Illusion
or
Mass Hysteria

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The still is more likely just a trick of the light because the video is defiantly just a plane. The plane is on the right hand side and it has a short contrail coming from its engines.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like he had a paperclip on his car windsheild and filmed through the glass.

I'll try to replicate it later.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Looks like he had a paperclip on his car windsheild and filmed through the glass.

I'll try to replicate it later.

Good eye. I think you get the ribbon. Heres a screen shot from OP's video...

If it is operation "paperclip", then the YouTuber gets a nod for originality.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh
I'm willing to place my bets on the "official" explanation for this:

Optical Illusion
or
Mass Hysteria

And allllll the pictures and video????

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

post by Druscilla

Solar balloons can be small, medium, large and quite very extremely huge, all depending on how much time and effort an enthusiast puts into building one.
Solar balloons can be clear, black, grey, green, white, reflective mylar silver, and also be any sort of shape the builder imagines from tubes, spheres, triangles, donuts, cubes, or anything.

Do a search string for "solar balloon" on youtube and you'll find lots of variety in sizes, shape, coloration and such. Some of the videos are even labelled in terms of 'ufo'.

Additionally, solar balloons have been known and have demonstrated the ability to fly several hundred miles allowing a wide variety and area of coverage for people to have a sighting.

I believe you are correct, those ballast running alongside probably help keep it more stable and at a more constant altitude. Besides, with that many reports, nothing was scrambled to intercept, or did I miss that?

**eta- Coincidentally there is another thread currently running that involves investigation of an old image similar to this one, a very in depth thread I might add...nicely done.

The final conclusion equally interesting.

The Cecconi Photograph

edit on 20-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Actually back on page 2 or 3 somebody has posted a witness saying there were quite a few jets flying around it or in the area at the same time this thing was seen.

Don't know how credible the source is but I'll try to find it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

And allllll the pictures and video????

I checked the vids, articles and pictures. I have no idea what this is, and from what I am able to tell, I would classify this as a "definite unidentified object".

I am speculating on what the official explanation will be, not saying that I agree with it. With all the BS explanations that we have been given for strange and unusual phenomenon, I'm certainly expecting another BS explanation.

Just like the "sound phenomenon" I experienced a while ago, passed off as F15 fighter jets. It's what most (sheeple) accepted. Even when I pointed out that the jets that flew out from a base West of where the sound was heard, and were traveling away from my location people on the street who also heard it accepted the "official" explanation, just like an "optical illusion" or "mass hysteria" would be a "reasonable" explanation to someone who knows the media would never lie....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Here it is. She talks about a bunch of planes around it toward the middle / end of her statement.

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by cavalryscout

Another Mufon report
www.ufostalker.com...

My cousin called my mom and told her that he and his employee had been watching a strange object in the sky for about an hour. The object was brought to their attention by the man next door. Whom, he had never spoken with. The man said he had been watching the object from his porch for about 30 minutes. When I spoke with my cousin he described the object to me and also said that airplanes kept flying by it. I then got in my car and drove to see it for myself. I arrived and could not see it with the naked eye but I could see it with binoculars. I witnessed about 3 airplanes fly past the object. It remained motionless and looked like a silver inkpen floating horizontally in the sky.It did not appear to have a flight path to me as I was there only briefly but my cousin stated that it had been closer and was moving from the right to the left (I am not sure what direction that would be but it could easily be figured out). There were 4 other witnesses there also. I had called my father who is an official in the state government and related what I had seen to him after I left the scene because I had to go pick up my child from a practice. My father later told me that as he was relating my story to one of his employees, the employee recieved a facebook message from his cousin in a town 30 miles away (South Williamson, KY) that had a picture of the object. I haven't seen the picture myself. I videoed the object and witnesses but you cannot see anything as the object was so very far away. My cousin took pictures while it was closer before I arrived but you cannot see anything on those but we hope that maybe with the right equipment they can be blown-up and maybe be seen. After I picked up my child from her practice she wanted to go see it but after calling my cousin he stated that you could no longer see it as it had moved beyond the tree-line.It was obviously being watched by our government because of all the planes flying by it. My cousin states that they do not usually fly over the area and definitly not that many. I could not make out what kind of planes they were but we got video of some of them and you can see a lot of vapor trails from them. I don't know what it is. Maybe extraterrestrial, maybe a drone or satalite from a foriegn country that invaded our airspace. I don't have any idea but I believe that those airplanes were diffinitly interested in it.While I was there my cousin said they had seen 16 fly by it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Cool, That that would certainly remove the 'scratched lens' theory. Now I wonder if those jets circled and left, or did they stay with it until it zipped away? Or did it ever zip away? I'm sure hard to tell at that altitude and the clouds eventually coming in.

I updated my previous post to make a possibly related link. ^^

edit on 20-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Druscilla

It does look similar. A bit more sophisticated.

How do you explain the report of flashing or diming lights on both ends? It was in an earlier post.

Unconscious sympathetic collusion from groups of people that never saw it, but want to be included in the hype, and/or conscious embroidery intended to make the sighting just a tad more fantastic would account for such.

However, lightweight LEDs at either end of a solar balloon powered by watch batteries would weigh near nothing and would be completely feasible attachments detracting very little from flight or flight profile.

Solar balloons can be small, medium, large and quite very extremely huge, all depending on how much time and effort an enthusiast puts into building one.
Solar balloons can be clear, black, grey, green, white, reflective mylar silver, and also be any sort of shape the builder imagines from tubes, spheres, triangles, donuts, cubes, or anything.

Do a search string for "solar balloon" on youtube and you'll find lots of variety in sizes, shape, coloration and such. Some of the videos are even labelled in terms of 'ufo'.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it - a clear balloon structure with LED lights and either reflective strips (foil?) down the sides or a string of more lights. It might be big and heavy enough to resist moving too fast in the wind currents - or it might have been a relatively calm day in the wind currents. So, without it doing anything amazing like suddenly winking out of sight or careening off at FTL, I'm going with your explanation.

Thanks for your research...

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its a double strip light reflecting on glass.

Hell, you can even see its a reflection in the video at the 0.58 second mark.

Complete and utter hoax as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, all one needs to see is this...

Let's have a look at one of his other videos shall we..

Seems like this uploader doesn't know how to focus a camera..

In fact if you put ADG(UK) in the youtube search bar this is what you get

The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

He does have a back up channel but I see he is going by the name FULLDISCLOSURENOW, so I would be very wary of anything this person tries to pass off as a UFO.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Complete and utter hoax as far as I'm concerned.

And you would be correct, because this uploader has a history of posting videos that are hoaxes.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

How can you be so convinced it's a hoax?

With all the evidence produced by various sources? Several eyewitness accounts hundreds of miles apart and you can simply say it's a "hoax"?

Why do you come to that conclusion? Any specific reason other than the light reflected off of it in a funny way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join