It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boat race protester gets six months prison for upsetting the elite.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, I find this very disturbing.

It seems this guy upset the elite of Oxford and Cambridge and the judge has gone completely over the top.
TPTB are really making sure it is illegal to protest.

In the UK we have a corrupt government, corrupt bankers, corrupt police force, corrupt judiciary and an equally corrupt media.
So when the people go out and protest against all this criminal behaviour, the tables are turned and you are the criminal.
Earlier this week, a guest with Max Keiser told how when Scotland Yard had tried to bring criminal charges against the bankers, they were told by the government to keep away its not your department.

It seems no matter what they do, they get away with it.
But this has gone too far.
Six months for jumping in a river is crazy and we can't let this continue because what rights we have left will disappear.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
no, he got six months for being a public nuisance. he jumped into the water, disrupting a boat race, putting himself and the folks in the boats at risk.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Six months for jumping in a river is crazy and we can't let this continue because what rights we have left will disappear.

His rights end where those of the racers and spectators began.

What an idiot. About as much sense as the occupy movement and just as productive.
edit on 10/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah well he's lucky he's here to get six months.

He could have been six feet under if one of those oar blades had cracked his skull open....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

This probably ruined it all for you over there!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

disturbing the Elite? ooh, that gets a paddlin.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
no, he got six months for being a public nuisance. he jumped into the water, disrupting a boat race, putting himself and the folks in the boats at risk.

I watched it happen dude all they had to do was lift their oars over his head as they went past. If thats putting their lives at risk then you must be living in a soap bubble.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

all they had to do was lift their oars

Why should they have to do that? Just because a fool jumps in the river?

Judge Anne Molyneux said Oldfield had acted dangerously, disproportionately, had not shown what he was actually protesting against, and displayed prejudice in sabotaging the event which he regarded as elitist.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 10/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't believe he should go to jail over this. It was no big deal, no one got hurt, just a race got disturbed. Will we be locking up streakers next?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Bullingdon club go about causing disruption throughout Cambridge and threaten people's wellbeing by smashing up restaurants and the like. They have no respect for anyone or anything, knowing that any damage caused will be paid for by their rich parents.

However, because they are sons of the elite, no action is ever taken, no court appearances, no fines or prison sentences.

One rule for the plebs, one rule for the elite (elite at what exactly?)

Oh well, Tally Ho!!!
edit on 19/10/12 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Still don't deserve six months in prison.
That's pathetic !

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
He's only serving 3 months...

Source

Oldfield will be due for release after serving three months of the sentence.

AND he very likely would not be serving any time at all if he would have just said he was "sorry".

In delivering her verdict at a west London court, judge Anne Molyneux was damning of Oldfield.

"Your offence was planned," she said.

"It was deliberate. It was disproportionate. It was dangerous. You have shown no regret."

I think he clearly wanted to get jail time to get more publicity for his cause.

I don't feel sorry for the chap one bit.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

here in the states, fans that jump onto the field during a game get sent to jail where they're processed and released. they then pay a hefty fine. Not sure if anyone's served time beyond that spent behind bars during the initial arrest but, I'm guessing, in each and every case, thay apologized, admitted it was childish, stupid etc,

this guy was protesting a group he felt was elite and then used the court case to further his agenda, rather than admit to the pointless stupidity of his act so the judge made sure that the next moron with a cause doesn't do the same thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

here in the states, fans that jump onto the field during a game get sent to jail where they're processed and released. they then pay a hefty fine. Not sure if anyone's served time beyond that spent behind bars during the initial arrest but, I'm guessing, in each and every case, thay apologized, admitted it was childish, stupid etc,

Here in the U.K Police Taser innocent Blind people with no other consequence than having their Taser being taken from them.

Oh and if you protest against a group of people that many people deem 'Elite', invariably you come a cropper!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Next time you could be that idiot protesting something that is important to you like eating . Things are going to come down on the commoners . Commoners , thats you and me .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

this guy was protesting a group he felt was elite and then used the court case to further his agenda, rather than admit to the pointless stupidity of his act so the judge made sure that the next moron with a cause doesn't do the same thing.

It doesn't matter if he used the court case to further his agenda.......that's the point of protesting.
His protest is against the corruption of the British establishment and government.

No matter what we think of the stupidity of his actions....six months is wrong and its their way of making sure people fall for this " protesting is a criminal offence " rubbish.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So we are assuming that everyone that goes to Oxford and Cambridge is elite in some way? I guess no one has ever heard of scholarships.

Plenty of brilliant minds have attended those schools from humble beginning, and should they participate in their school's boating programs, they shouldn't be knocked for it.

The guy is an idiot, stand on the sidelines with a sign if you want...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Welcome to North Korea UK Style...yes, the guy was a idiot, but 6 months incarceration for a bit of daft boyness..come on...

that'll be him lost his Home and any chance of ever finding a job in the future...well done Judge Dredd, you've just added a another human being to the food chain that everyone has to fork out for...Clown!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

nonsense. he got six months for upsetting the toffs. didn't 'know his place'. the only person he put at risk was himself. i cheered his actions. the boat race is an antiquated elitist jolly that has zero relevance to anyone but those chinless f##ks. boo hoo for them.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Phage

Next time you could be that idiot protesting something that is important to you like eating . Things are going to come down on the commoners . Commoners , thats you and me .

Students are elite now no matter where they came from because the school they go to?

Gates Cambridge Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.

Selection criteria
outstanding intellectual ability
leadership potential
a commitment to improving the lives of others
a good fit between the applicant's qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying

Like the profiled student on this page I'm linking, damn elite thinks he knows it all...

Siza Mtimbiri directs a charitable organization that aims to change children’s lives through education and health provision.

www.gatescambridge.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join