It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Be Obama's Plan For Term 2?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Besides Many Broken Promises, What Would Obama Do In His 2nd Term? The President Has Not Given Any Plan For The Future, Besides "FORWARD" And Character Assassinations On Romney.

Here's What Came To Mind:

More Deficit Spending
Increase The Already Record-High National Debt
Get That Unemployment Number Back Up Above 8%
More Business-Killing Regulations, Like Obamacare
More Obsessing Over Political Correctness Rather Than Logic
Continuing The Lies of Benghazi
And, Of Course, The UNION Takeover of State Governments & Industry

Add To That:

Taking Away 2nd Amendment Rights As Stated During The Last Debate

Read More:

Obama’s Top 50 Broken Promises by Brett Wilkins
morallowground.com...

President Barack Obama’s Top 50 Broken Promises 1- Halve the deficit by 2012: Obama’s biggest broken promise. Less than a month after taking office, the president decried the nation’s $1.3 trillion deficit and vowed to cut it in half by 2012. Yet the national debt has increased more during Obama’s first three-and-a-half years in office than it did during George W. Bush’s entire two-term presidency. Yesterday, the national debt topped $16 trillion, a staggering amount that keeps going up. President Obama blamed his failure to deliver his promise on his predecessor, correctly pointing out that Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed cash. Obama also blamed the ongoing economic woes for his inability to halve the deficit. But he should have thought about unforeseen circumstances before making such a bold and, ultimately, undeliverable promise. 2- Hold Wall Street accountable: Obama has repeatedly pledged to “hold Wall Street accountable” for its myriad crimes against the global economy and the American people. But from day one he has done quite the opposite, picking top Wall Street executives and government officials responsible for destroying the economy to run his economic transition team and failing to bring any of the ‘banksters’ who made billions by destroying the livelihoods of millions of Americans to justice. 3- Public Option: The public health insurance option, in which a government-run health insurance agency would have competed with private health insurance companies to provide affordable health care to millions of Americans, was repeatedly touted by Obama as a necessary and essential part of any health care reform. Candidate Obama vowed that “any American will have the opportunity to enroll in [a] new public plan.” But the public option died an agonizing death, and while all the blame cannot be placed on the president, it was his willingness to compromise with Republicans, members of his own party and the insurance industry lobbyists who helped author the bill in order to get the watered-down measure passed into law that ultimately led to the public option being dead on arrival. The United States remains the only developed nation without single-payer, universal health care, and many thousands of Americans continue to die each year for lack of health insurance. 4- Close Guantánamo: Obama repeatedly vowed to close the US military prison camp at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba during his 2008 election campaign. One of the very first things he did after taking office was to issue an executive order requiring that the prison, infamous worldwide for torture and the deliberate imprisonment of hundreds of innocent men and boys, be closed within one year. Nearly four years later, GITMO remains a dark stain on America’s reputation. 5- Hold Bush war criminals accountable: President George W. Bush and many of his top officials, as well as top military and intelligence figures, planned, authorized or presided over the murder, torture, rape, unlawful execution, massacre and wrongful imprisonment of tens of thousands of individuals, most of them innocent, in the name of fighting terrorism. On the campaign trail, candidate Obama asserted that these crimes would be investigated. But once in office, not only did the president refuse to investigate or prosecute any of the Bush-era war criminals, he has repeatedly acted to protect them from justice. Just last week, final immunity was granted to Bush’s CIA torturers. 6- Begin withdrawal from Afghanistan by July 2011: The president promised to begin drawing down troops from what is now the longest war in US history by July 2011. That did not happen; the number of US troops in Afghanistan continued to rise and although it has since fallen slightly, more than 84,000 remain. More than 2,000 have been killed, along with tens of thousands of innocent Afghan men, women and children, while the Taliban remains a formidable foe in control of much of the country. 7- Increase minimum wage to $9.50/hour: While campaigning, Obama pledged to ”raise the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2011, index it to inflation and increase the Earned Income Tax Credit to make sure that full-time workers can earn a living wage that allows them to raise their families and pay for basic needs such as food, transportation, and housing.” The federal minimum wage is currently $7.25/hour. 8- Establish foreclosure prevention program for homeowners: Candidate Obama vowed to establish a $10 billion foreclosure prevention fund to assist troubled homeowners with refinancing or selling their homes. And while the president did create such a program as part of the TARP bailout, the number of homeowners helped has been pitifully small and the scheme has been roundly slammed as an abject failure. 9- Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill within a year: “I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days. But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I’m promoting. And I want to move that forward as quickly as possible.” ~Barack Obama, 5/28/08. No such bill was forthcoming. 10- Close the “revolving door” between public and private sectors: Just days after taking office, President Obama vowed to ”close the revolving door that lets lobbyists come into government freely.” Yet he has warmly embraced K Street, granting ethics waivers and appointing prominent lobbyists to crucial administration posts. OpenSecrets.org identified 409 Obama administration officials who have spun through the revolving door.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Broken Promises and Door slamming
by the Tea Party and GOP are two totally different things.

You know like when a big dude grabs your arm and hits you with it?
All the while saying "Stop hitting yourself!" that's the kinda BS
Obama has endured.
Jobs?
The House has blocked them all.
Most recently tax relief and incentives for businesses hiring Vets.
The GOP and Tea Party said nope to helping Vets secure jobs after
coming back.
So Patriotic.

Shutting down Guantanimo ? That's the pentagon
that said it ain't gonna happen.
So really how about a list of promises broken where the outcome
wasn't controlled by the Republicans with an admitted agenda of ruining
the president even if it takes the country down with him.*

*see Debt ceiling Credit rating debacle.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As an Asian,all I can say is that your beloved Mr Obama (if he comes to power) , will be providing more and more freedom to Islamic fundamentalist so that they come to power

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

You can be sure that he will look to address the immigration issue...not saying it will be pro or against immigration but I suspect he's going to really do what he couldn't considering it would be his last term..I'm not happy to see either of these guys get in but these are the cards we were dealt..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
He will try and kill the 2nd amendment and try to tack all guns and ammo from all citizens and destroy the heath care businesis and more job loss ...sending this country into the toilet!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Im still waiting to see what the plan was, for Term 1?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My guess to finish dismantling our economy and throwing every remaining person of the middle class into poverty and giving our money to more oil terrorists while driving up the debt to 25 trillion and throwing us into a depression.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
He will try and kill the 2nd amendment and try to tack all guns and ammo from all citizens and destroy the heath care businesis and more job loss ...sending this country into the toilet!

I am not sure if your serious or mocking the nutters that say such things.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Your only just now asking this...

Ever heard of "wishful thinking"

...47%

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what his plans are (were). He better figure out what he's going to do with all his spare time.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There was troubling signs from day one.

What Presidents didn't swear in on the Bible?

Answer:.There is no record of a Bible being used from the time of George Washington's second inauguration through to the inauguration of John Quincy Adams. The only record of John Tyler's "swearing-in" is an affidavit where there's no mention of a Bible. Some say Franklin Pierce affirmed his oath of office on a law book. Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible at his first swearing-in ceremony. Calvin Coolidge did not place his hand on the Bible, which was close-by, when sworn in by his father. Rutherford B. Hayes, at his Sunday, March 3, 1877 private ceremony, did not use a Bible. JFK did not place his hand on his family Duoay Bible, which rested on top of the podium. London B. Johnson used Jacqueline Kennedy's Catholic Missal (prayer book) while on board Air Force One, after Kennedy had been shot. Staff could not find a bible on the plane. Barack Obama, at his "do-over" ceremony with Chief Justice John Roberts, didn't include a Bible.

Barack Obama, at his "do-over" ceremony with Chief Justice John Roberts, didn't include a Bible.
edit on 19-10-2012 by alternateuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Oh well know what the plan was for term 1:

Blame the rich
Blame Bush
Blame the Gop

Tax and spend some more!

In other words term 2 will be 4 more of the same!

Failures!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by sonnny1

Oh well know what the plan was for term 1:

Blame the rich
Blame Bush
Blame the Gop

Tax and spend some more!

In other words term 2 will be 4 more of the same!

Failures!

It would be funny to see him keep blameing others in a Second Term. Hopefully we will be denied that major sitcom......................

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Clinton says Obama doesn't know which plan is going to fix it,lol

Gee, thanks Bill! Clinton says Romney is RIGHT and the economy is 'not fixed' . . . and how he thought Obama 'was going to cry' during debate

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... #ixzz29mBqNybz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Doesn't matter what his plans are (were). He better figure out what he's going to do with all his spare time.

That's for sure !

He has a master plan.

He and his "Co." will go gung ho on the TV, book, and lecture circuit.

maybe even a mini series on TNT or the USA channel.

They will make 10x more money than they do in the "Administration".

Maybe this is why he appears to be "blow'n it" on politics.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Obama's plan for term 2?

Release yet another birth certificate to placate idiots who STILL think he was born in Kenya.

Get blocked by the GOP for any and all things he tries to do to fix this economy, then receive criticism from GOP for not doing anything to fix economy.

Avoid war with Iran, get criticism from GOP for not starting war with Iran, to placate GOP war mongers, starts war with other oppressive regime instead, gets flack from GOP for starting war with oppressive regime.

Mid term elections, Obama will finally grow a spine and stop trying to placate the GOP with any sort of compromises. Which will lead to an impeachment hearing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Funny you mention this cause I've yet to see or read about Romney's plan

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
so sick and tired of the executive branch of the federal gov't getting all the attention

what about the bank CEO's ?
what about the speaker of the house ?
governors ?
mayors ?

YOU and ME ????

this isn't hollywood, the presdient can't save us

it's up to us to fix this

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
His own words: "I need your vote to help me finish what we've started."

Examine the evidence what he has started and decide if this is the direction you want to go in. This will be the direction for the next 4 years if re-elected.

His own words. I believe him.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
His own words: "I need your vote to help me finish what we've started."

Examine the evidence what he has started and decide if this is the direction you want to go in. This will be the direction for the next 4 years if re-elected.

His own words. I believe him.

Scary thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join