It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any members of ATS ever been harassed for something posted online at ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have not, as of right this moment of writing had that happen... no shady figures, no surveillance vans across the street, etc... no visits in the night or morning from black suited or armed individuals, and confronted about something posted online.

(though I have seen them in the real world on occasion)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Other than crazy computer stuff,no.
But that is probably my own fault for visiting shady sites.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

You should see the stuff I've posted on Facebook. Horrible stuff. I made fun of people, lied thru my teeth, and said all kinds of hurtful things towards ex girlfriends. Never once did I get a message from Facebook or any government agency. Now friends messaged me and said I shouldn't be saying it but I believe in the first amendment. As long as I don't make a threat I can say what I want.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No, I haven't and I haven't seen any shady government like figures out and about either but I don't exactly get out much :/

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 03Smoker

You should see the stuff I've posted on Facebook. Horrible stuff. I made fun of people, lied thru my teeth, and said all kinds of hurtful things towards ex girlfriends. Never once did I get a message from Facebook or any government agency. Now friends messaged me and said I shouldn't be saying it but I believe in the first amendment. As long as I don't make a threat I can say what I want.

Actually that's not true.
Slander
You can be sued for big bucks for doing that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by auto73912621
I have not, as of right this moment of writing had that happen... no shady figures, no surveillance vans across the street, etc... no visits in the night or morning from black suited or armed individuals, and confronted about something posted online.

(though I have seen them in the real world on occasion)

What could you possibly post that would warrant any attention? All we do here is regurgitate our favorite pet partisan sites, paranoia sites, and express paranormal and spiritual views. I mean all that endearingly, by the way.

I can't imagine anybody being harassed unless they posted something illegal or were getting a little violent with their posts.

Of course, I do always wonder about those people (especially lately) who seem to be contributing members for years but just get banned and vanish. We aren't allowed to ask why so it's always suspicious. Those and the ones who post something "top secret" and then stop posting. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Have any members of ATS ever been harassed for something posted online at ATS?

Did you mean other than while on ATS?

link   
I get lots of unsolicited hate mail from ATS members I never even knew existed before they send the hate mail, as well as 'respected foe' notices, but that's just here on ATS.

Outside of ATS, I've got nothing, and would actually be extremely entertained and amused were any kind of verifiable spookiness to occur.

Zero paranoia or worry here.

link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I put two key words in everything I post about someone. I think. I think so and so is a #. So and so can suck my #. I think he's a total # sucker.

If its my opinion I can state what I want. Never do I say I know for a fact because 99% of the time I don't.

link   

Originally posted by 03Smoker

But,in your conscience,do you feel good about what you said?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't know if this is true or not. It's a fascinating video if you've got the time.
At the very beginning the narrator talks about a person posting on ATS who
went thru some serious hell.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

No I don't. I usually sober up and spend an hour removing my crazy post. At least I used to. I deleted my fb about 6 months ago and haven't been happier.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Like a lightning bolt that takes out the big capacitor in your computer just when you hit 'post'?

How about electric attacks on your brain as you sleep, after a night of posted revolt? Sometimes you can see the entire weave of circuitry when you open your eyes. Like mosaics, probably as protection from it. Not in the mood to discuss.
edit on 18-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

OP, I've only had one real world cross over for problems of any kind with anyone resulting from ATS activity. It wasn't ATS itself. This just happened to be where I was in the process of channeling data at the time someone decided I'd put a paw far enough over the line to get it slapped with a sledgehammer. My fault..and my bad judgement. This was just before the Chicago NATO Summit and I was putting data out here to help Occupy up there. Without RE-creating my problems ALL over again....I'm going to put it this way. I had and was passing along public but very hard to find and highly sensitive stuff related to Law Enforcement and Law Enforcement expressed their *EXTREME* displeasure over my sense of civic virtues. Bahh... Whatever. They just have no sense of humor.

I dropped out of site for a few weeks..in part, due to this and never had a problem since. I never had before that. The only other time I got a HARD hit from Uncle or Officialdom was in 1998 and chatting on a very specific military project that may or may not have happened to test or not test Naval Radar involving a certain ship that reportedly vanished. You mighta seen a movie about it.
Well, back then anyway, the full Navy operational name for that event tripped keyword sensors or something. A few people I ran an online network with at the time helped me tweak their nose in testing that and the response was an electronic avalanche from .gov crap everywhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes, well not because of ATS but because of content ATS Was sending me too. (personal research)

I was once working for a global mining company.

Back in, 2005/2006? I think.

I was working late shift and browsing ATS. I think at the time I was looking at Fallujah a fair bit.

Anyway, I came into work one morning my manager pulled me aside, said i had to come into a meeting.

I entered a room, there were two people in suits on the video screens and 1 person in the room from Melbourne (who had flown over) and my manager.

They told me one of the people on the TV was the head of IT security in the US head office. No one identified the 2nd man.

They sat me down and said (as best I can remember)

'' some websites being visited raised red flags in the USA. Our head office in the USA was asked to investigate why our company domain was accessing such sites (they mentioned a security agency but didn't say which 1). We tracked the access down to this Australian Office, to your account. They then went into detail about why I visited such sites as '' Nick Berg beheading, Fallujah maps, American Humvee's, etc etc etc ''

They asked me why i had been to such sites etc etc.

They then asked me, why I was in Ukraine, Why had I traveled through Prague.. I was a backpacker so i had genuine answers to this.

They then asked me my religion and my beliefs..

this continued for about, 30-45minutes.

Afterwards I was asked to select 2 people from my team to provide '' character references ''

so i did, and it was fine.

I ended up losing my job, and my manager said that if I had any history in my internet about how to fly planes or how to drive trains I would have been in serious trouble.

hand to god , true story.

Since then the only thing I notice is everytime I travel international, when i come BACK into Australia im always questioned for further details when my passport is scanned.
I travel on 2 passports, aus and NZ, and it only happens when i travel on my AUS one.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: grammer nazis

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I get lots of unsolicited hate mail from ATS members I never even knew existed before they send the hate mail, as well as 'respected foe' notices, but that's just here on ATS.

Outside of ATS, I've got nothing, and would actually be extremely entertained and amused were any kind of verifiable spookiness to occur.

Zero paranoia or worry here.

I think you pretty much nailed it. I've gotten some nasty messages from people here that I didn't know existed either because they didn't like my thoughts on a particular thread.Most times I don't respond but there was a few that ticked me off enough that I did.It's usually in the form of hate mail from other members not so much anything outside of ATS such as secret government agents

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is exactly what I was curious about, thanks for the openness. Personally I believe in total freedom of speech (assuming ATS members agree to allow it, it is their site).

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

ATS does not allow complete freedom of speech. They censor certain words and you can't criticize them on their ads because it is their revenue and the people who give them their revenue say you can't criticize us.

And you can't harass people just because they have a different opinion than you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

If that's true then WOW

Damn...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
ATS does not allow complete freedom of speech. They censor certain words and you can't criticize them on their ads because it is their revenue and the people who give them their revenue say you can't criticize us.

Seriously? Here's 43 pages of ad criticism in an active thread. No we don't allow 'complete freedom of speech'. We have a T&C and forum rules. They're called Terms and Conditions, not casual suggestions.

top topics

join